Spokane WA/ Simi Valley CA

Actually spent some time looking into the music he had on his page after I wrote that. At the time it was meant as a joke, because the thread seems to have died down to jokes and random shit anyway.

On a serious note, the page has almost been up for a week now and is still holding on. It was really cool to help a local artist spread the word about his show, as well as dive head first into the chiptune community. Ive already learned a ton, and cant wait for whatever comes next. Hoping to get in contact with some artists when I get home and try to get a show going near me, because that would just be the coolest thing.

-Talk

TalkPolite wrote:

Actually spent some time looking into the music he had on his page after I wrote that. At the time it was meant as a joke, because the thread seems to have died down to jokes and random shit anyway.

Haha, no worries mate, I'm just being silly.
It's a very lively [and opinionated] community, we welcome enthusiastic newcomers, but we tend to also put them through the wringer so they learn what's important to us here. Looks like you made it through initiation for the most part. I'd agree with what people have suggested about building into existing groups though, at least until you're a little more versed in the scene.

And lurk a lot too.
Cheers.

California, United States
SketchMan3 wrote:

meaningless online activities can cut into productive time a lot.

And now I'm going back to finish my Spring Tracks II entry.

New Albany Indiana
Alpine wrote:
chunter wrote:

Like roaches that scatter when the light is turned on...

Roaches that don't like to be exposed to the outside by the wrong kind of people, they need someone they can trust, and until that day, they'll stay hidden, and when they are show for brief occasions, they are misunderstood, and unable to explain themselves due to the ignorance already spread about them. They only want to be understood, to be loved.

Basically my first year on this cite, don't know about the 'need your love' part, you guys are really hairy.

New Albany Indiana
SketchMan3 wrote:
TalkPolite wrote:

Dude, thats like the exact opposite of what you want to do tongue

Respect to those that do make the music of course!

Wut do you even know who zef is

?

meaningless online activities can cut into productive time a lot.

Zef? Chipmusic?

my mom's basement
The CM.O Community wrote:

What! Something that doesn't affect me negatively in any way! I must fling poop in it's general direction and hope that the n00bz leave!

Catf1sh wrote:

What! Something that doesn't affect me negatively in any way! I must fling poop in it's general direction and hope that the n00bz leave!

Lol, that was pretty good. I can understand the communities reason for such a backlash though. They are very protective of their chiptune baby tongue

On a side note, over 2000 people have viewed this topic. Damn

Unsubscribe

I could care less what you do to chiptune. Just try to do more of it then you talk about it, and things will be fine.

UK, Leicester
Catf1sh wrote:

Yo, if you'd read the thread, then you'd understand why peeps are "flinging poop" as you so eloquently put it. Not only are you not reading the reasons, you're also exaggerating what little you have read, and I have a feeling you've only read the first page, and either skimmed through the rest, or just outright skipped it. GJ 10/10 post, would read again.

Douglas, Wyoming
Zef wrote:

I'm seriously considering giving up on this whole forum thing and just going to try making some of this "Chipmusic" stuff you guys seem to like talking about. Yeah. I think I'll do that.

Ew no, why on earth would you go and do something like that?

Douglas, Wyoming
TalkPolite wrote:

Lol, that was pretty good. I can understand the communities reason for such a backlash though. They are very protective of their chiptune baby tongue

On a side note, over 2000 people have viewed this topic. Damn

also nice job, you unintentionally brought a crap ton of attention to your page.
...or was it unintentional?! Conspiracy time? Conspiracy time. TalkPolite confirmed for Kim Jong Un in disguise plotting to take down America by distracting them with mis-interpreted threads one forum at a time.

my mom's basement

Yo, if you'd read the thread, then you'd understand why peeps are "flinging poop" as you so eloquently put it. Not only are you not reading the reasons, you're also exaggerating what little you have read, and I have a feeling you've only read the first page, and either skimmed through the rest, or just outright skipped it. GJ 10/10 post, would read again.

TL;DR?

70% poop, 25% learning, mixed with 5% good intentions

Melbtown, Lolstralia

For a little while this was a thing I did that may interest the OP

http://generationbass.com/author/alex/

Is it still running?

greece

Chipmusic have to stay underground...
No reason to get bigger.