New York City
Beware wrote:

It sort of HAS to be a remix. :

Then it's not a cover. Also, a remix calls for original material to be used. If this is a COVER compilation, the COVER should sound like the original. Otherwise it's an "acoustic re-version" Or something tongue

I agree with Bit Shifter, I can show you 4 different versions of each one of my tracks that are extremely different to each other and all done by me. Unless you are super narrow, re-interpretation of your own material should be cool and varied.

In any case, sounds interesting, if I had any recording gear, I would participate, then again, I have no instruments anymore, they take space ;P Maybe I can lend a piano somewhere...

Kiel, Germany

Wait, so effects like distortion and delay are not allowed? Sounds hard - I'll see if I can do that

Milan, Italy

lol.. i started writing a midi file using 'acoustic guitar', 'acoustic grand piano' and 'vox lead' as instrumetation...
now there are a lot of strings and ensemble stuff and it sounds like a symphonic song. is it still ok?! :S

@beware: i'm sending you you a PM.

I'll reiterate: Anything goes as long as it is acoustic and a new version of an already written track.  Absolutely NOTHING is allowed to be electronic for this other than your recording equipment,  No VSTi, no effects, no synthesizers, no electric guitar, etc, etc, etc.

@Akira: I am doing a folk cover of Random's Spontaneous Devotion.  From what I gathered, he was asking if that sort of thing is allowed.  It should absolutely NOT be a straight cover because, as I said in the OP, this is about the creativity of the arrangement more than anything else.

rochester, ny

i have an epic idea for this. will start working on it next week. pumped.

))<>((
Beware wrote:

no synthesizers, no electric guitar, etc, etc, etc.

well, so much for that, lol.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Mar 27, 2010 1:17 am)

Seoul, S. Korea

I'm in.

Milan, Italy

Some pianist would like to collaborate with me?

I'm writing a piano+bass+guitar+vox re-arrangement of 'Reformat The Planet' by Bit Shifter. smile

Athens, Greece

i'll cover superfinger by the sqwishy

astral cat
Mano wrote:

i'll cover superfinger by the sqwishy

you better not be joking

Wolverhampton UK

I'm in for this. I'm going to try and cover Henry Homesweets Until I Sleep.

Milan, Italy

k. now my track has just 1 bass and 3 guitars and 1 violin.
..so no problem with this compo.. smile

Riverside, CA

i wish i had a mic....
all of mine were stolen/lost by friends.
sucks... =[

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg

im going to whistle a j arthur keenes song [colour television]

edit: im gonna do it "dont worry be happy" style

Last edited by mepufw (Mar 28, 2010 3:03 am)

Very cool idea, I'm arranging one of my songs for piano and guitar at the moment.

Cambridge, MA

Is it alright it it's just one person layering? Because I don't think I can coerce any of my friends into this.

I'm trying Wee Monsters by Unicorn Kid btw...

Ehhhh, how about electric guitars with no effects or filters, just tone?

Last edited by BetaSynapse (Mar 28, 2010 9:47 pm)