BK

I was wondering (and feel free to delete if this is a not-ok subject for these forums) but since the root key for the PSP came out a while ago and people have written apps to sign homebrew software, is there a particular reason that there isn't a signed version of Piggy floating around for PSP so that people can just run it on OFW instead of needing to hack their PSP?

The reason I ask is that this should allow us to hypothetically use all PSP models, including the ones that were harder to run CFW on.

Netherl4nds
Kris k wrote:

I was wondering (and feel free to delete if this is a not-ok subject for these forums) but since the root key for the PSP came out a while ago and people have written apps to sign homebrew software, is there a particular reason that there isn't a signed version of Piggy floating around for PSP so that people can just run it on OFW instead of needing to hack their PSP?

The reason I ask is that this should allow us to hypothetically use all PSP models, including the ones that were harder to run CFW on.

There is a homebrew signer available which I tried to sign piggy with; no luck... It say's it (should) work but when running on PSP, the device reboots (maybe I did something wrong but I stopped after that time; CFW runs fine for me).

Unsubscribe

Im sure if someone can find a clear documentation for the process we can put in a request to add it to the piggy build tools.

Bronx, NY

I myself use a psp2k with a pandora battery and it works just fine.  however, I bought the psp2k premodded from Pandastar when she was in a bind and don't know how to do the modding part msyelf, which is a shame, because I have a crystal psp I've been wanting to make music on but can't because I'm not so sure how to mod it on my own and furthermore, I don't want to risk screwing it up.

Chicago IL

It's not modded, you just use a device to boot it into service mode and install custom firmware. it's a one time thing.

Bronx, NY

ah. I always thought it was a mod thing because the psp I bought from pandastar is modded. it's got a crap load of roms on it as well as piggy tracker.

IL, US

the one from pandastar is likely just one with custom firmware on it, as Saskrotch said... never seen a psp with any hardware mods done to it, and dont know of any that someone would do...

Bronx, NY

ah okay. thanks esc.  btw, it was cool seeing you at 8static a couple months back.  your set was pretty cool.

IL, US

oh, thanks... i'd say you shouldve said hi and introduced yourself, but then again i was busy pretty much nonstop so wasn't much of an option

that whole set was piggy/piggy->midi... even my visuals were controlled by piggy

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 16, 2013 9:11 pm)

Bronx, NY

oh wow, I had no idea your visuals were done with piggy, as well.  We met briefly towards the end after the show, as you told me and Fumu to grab as many pins as we could because you had too many, but we didn't speak much beyond that.  we'll have to catch up some other time, though. =]

Abandoned on Fire

Halfbyteloader is the simplest tool I've found for homebrew on all psp models.

LGPT runs perfectly through halfbyteloader on pspGO 6.60
just drag and drop two files onto the pspgo.

http://wololo.net/hbl/

Unsubscribe

With the pspgo can you put samples and projects on the internal storage? Does it load faster if you do this?

you can place all samples on internal storage (PSP \ GAME \ LGPT \ SAMPLELIB). I dont know if it is faster. LGPT10K loads in about 1 second.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:22 pm)

Unsubscribe

yea its 10k big_smile If someone could try loading a say 10mb wav sample in a project off memory stick or off internal storage and report back any differences that would be INNNTTERESTING

Columbus, Indiana

You should use the one I am selling..... wink