babylon
Alpine wrote:

I stopped after a while, when I realized that he doesn't actually do anything, other than make you jump.

he pissed me off cause seeing him seemed to always mean i wouldnt get a new spot on my grid. he's a fucker.

Chicago IL

The Gray Man is most likely the result of a sleep disorder known as Hypnognia, where the mind automatically assumes there is a dangerous entity around. A sense of dread accompanies this sleep disorder causing one to only remember the fear and not the dream. As a result, in game, you lose your Flashback. Relatedly, some have also suggested that this be a reference to the common drug diphenhydramine, commonly found in Benadryl. This drug when used recreationally, has been known to create instances of a "Hat Man", who is similar in appearance to The Grey Man. Diphenhydramine is also known in causing short memory loss of most of the drug's effects. The Hat Man phenomenon is, again, often attributed to Hypnognia.

UK, Leicester

Interesting. When I pull an all nighter/ 2 all nighters in a row, I often feel quite paranoid, like there's something around me. Going to ask a few people that I know who take durgs to see if they've ever had anything similar.

Abandoned on Fire
Alpine wrote:

Interesting. When I pull an all nighter/ 2 all nighters in a row, I often feel quite paranoid, like there's something around me. Going to ask a few people that I know who take durgs to see if they've ever had anything similar.

Pardon me while I overshare for a moment:

Several years ago I was in the middle of a terrible alcoholic/depressive/bad-relationship spiral.  Every night that I was off, and most nights that I wasn't, I would chug my way through a liter of Early Times and then "pass out" on the couch until I could walk well enough to go get more.  I lost about 40 pounds and had most of the people I worked with terrified that I would just fall over dead at any moment.  I physically felt like complete shit anytime I wasn't actively drinking.  But the worst part of it all was the horrible sense of doom and "being watched" that set in whenever I would start to sober up.  I can't imagine being more frightened than I was at that time just sitting on my bed in the middle of the afternoon convinced that there was a crowd of zombies or KKK or AA watching me and recording everything I did to use against me in court or at the asylum and catching what I thought were glimpses of them peeking around doorways and through the blinds.

But I'm feeling much better now.  wink

[feels good to have typed all that out for once]

Unknown

So I've been playing lsd like all night yesterday, and tonight I will more, but wtf! Awesome but terrifying, does resemble a lot of what I used to trip out to. Anyhow, thank you Saskrotch for hilighting where to get. And dumbass me, I realized NOW, that why the hell would I need a ps1 emulator on psp, it is pointless, the eboots work fine in the game save, you guys prolly already knew, but shiz I guess I learn something everyday, well, time for a beer, thanks and cheers, gonna play this buzzed

Last edited by Digital Darwin (Jun 1, 2013 5:45 am)

Unknown
egr wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Pardon me while I overshare for a moment:

Several years ago I was in the middle of a terrible alcoholic/depressive/bad-relationship spiral.  Every night that I was off, and most nights that I wasn't, I would chug my way through a liter of Early Times and then "pass out" on the couch until I could walk well enough to go get more.  I lost about 40 pounds and had most of the people I worked with terrified that I would just fall over dead at any moment.  I physically felt like complete shit anytime I wasn't actively drinking.  But the worst part of it all was the horrible sense of doom and "being watched" that set in whenever I would start to sober up.  I can't imagine being more frightened than I was at that time just sitting on my bed in the middle of the afternoon convinced that there was a crowd of zombies or KKK or AA watching me and recording everything I did to use against me in court or at the asylum and catching what I thought were glimpses of them peeking around doorways and through the blinds.

But I'm feeling much better now.  wink

[feels good to have typed all that out for once]

Holy crap, bad trip mannnn. The only flaw of the game is the clicking footsteps, that's the real nightmare! everything else is candy and rainbows, until you're alone in the dark

orange county, CA

this sounds craaaaaaazy. i'm completely straight edge, but i love doing things that make you seem like you're on a drug, just to get an experience, or a thought about how you'd actually feel on the drug. ex: stuff like i-dosers, and those youtube videos that are to make you think you're experiencing it.
now i definitely wanna try this.

Chicago IL

Yeah, that's not what this is. It's supposed to be a dream emulator. the LSD part stands for Linking the Sapient Dream. It's trippy, but it's not supposed to make you feel the way acid does.

BUT just to throw some mystique around the game, here's a video of a guy who managed to record himself playing it in his sleep (starts around 3 minutes)

NC in the US of America

This game looks really interesting. I'm going to have to check it out. Playing the game in his sleep!!?

› Show Spoiler

Unknown

Saskrotch is right, BUT let's be fair and clearly it is referring to acid in a way, I think that's the whole ordeal with the acid techno in the game. But I read up the creator of this game based the game off of his dreams, so maybe it wasn't acid influenced. But really we can look at the game in many viewpoints, I see acid, acid halluinations make sense, because I don't dream of colorful ballerinas and shit, but that's just me, acid on the other hand, haha, hit after hit, gets weirder, and weirder

Chicago IL

Yeah, I just wanted to make it clear that this thing is NOT designed to trick your brain into thinking you're on acid, which is what Data Fix seemed to think it was

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jun 1, 2013 8:58 am)

UK, Leicester

But it's a common misconception that acid makes you see things, whereas in actual fact, it makes you see weird colours. On tv shows and the like, when someone takes acid, they always trip shit, and see like gorillas in glasses, riding unicycles, when actually, you wouldn't see anything like that if you actually took the drug.

Earth

It's a weird 3D world, that's all. It almost looks like a badly made game, which can be terrifying.

Last edited by breakphase (Jun 1, 2013 1:28 pm)

UK, Leicester
breakphase wrote:

It's a weird 3D world, that's all. It almost looks like a badly made game, which can be terrifying.

it is roughly 13-15 years old, but yeah, rendering distances can be a bit freaky, when something just appears out of nowhere, it's age is part of it's charm.

Chicago IL
Alpine wrote:

But it's a common misconception that acid makes you see things, whereas in actual fact, it makes you see weird colours. On tv shows and the like, when someone takes acid, they always trip shit, and see like gorillas in glasses, riding unicycles, when actually, you wouldn't see anything like that if you actually took the drug.

it can go either way

orange county, CA
Saskrotch wrote:

Yeah, I just wanted to make it clear that this thing is NOT designed to trick your brain into thinking you're on acid, which is what Data Fix seemed to think it was

Ohhh okay word, i was thinking it was something like that.
Thanks duuude.