Cambridge UK

Well I, for one, would like to say that I'm looking forward to this show.
I had already been making plans to be in NYC around that date, but even if it hadn't been the case, I would've been making plans to be in NYC for that show.
Looking forward to see people I haven't seen since Blip, and meet others I have yet to meet IRL.
Now, that being said, don't expect me to be around at 11:00am, I need my beauty sleep! :3

New York City
low-gain wrote:

no one having the balls to cut them off...

I bet that's a side effect of them experiencing the 8GB RAGE when he gets cut off tongue (but not for overplaying, rather for delays before me).

You don't want to see me angry! hahhahaha

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 2, 2010 10:56 pm)

George wrote:

Now, that being said, don't expect me to be around at 11:00am, I need my beauty sleep! :3

Since you don't plan to show up 'till later...
I suggest you buy your tickets in advance,
Tickets go on sale friday April 9th 11:00am at the Chip-Con.org website,

If there are any tickets left by the day of the show, those will be given first come first serve once the doors open at 11:00am at the box office of the club.

low-gain wrote:

Down side to doing 30 min sets w/ no turn over time inbetween acts.. Do you have the ability to tell someone who is playing 5-10 mins longer than they should that need to stop?

By the end of the night. who ever is playing last or the last 2-3 acts might end up getting screwed.. You can say.. no this wont happen. but i promise you, it will..

Just got off the phone with the venue people....
The word is that they have guaranteed us as much extra time as we want to make sure EVERYONE does a FULL set.
This is good news for everyone worried about sets cut short. They won't.

Brooklon
George wrote:

Well I, for one, would like to say that I'm looking forward to this show.

Yes, yes and yes. This is going to be one awesome, awesome show.

Bronx, NY

Okay, hold on.

Personally, I'm elated that so many talented performers, some of whom I consider personal friends, get to perform at what is clearly going to be a fun event for a large number of people. These people deserve recognition and they'll get it, and it's wonderful, and I'm deadserious about that.

But this idea floating around this thread that honest criticism should be discouraged on a message board is fucking ludicrous. Every single event, whether Pulsewave, Blip, some random show in Brooklyn or Minneapolis, whatever...it's all subject to the same criticism anything else is. And when people are being unfair in their criticisms, people should call them out on it and prove them wrong.

Instead, I've seen far too many instances of y'all trying shut it down completely or dismiss it, which is the kind of shit that makes certain people uncomfortable with this in the first place. Take those critiques and address them like grown folks, jeez.

New York City
DaPantz wrote:

Every single event, whether Pulsewave, Blip, some random show in Brooklyn or Minneapolis, whatever...it's all subject to the same criticism anything else is.

And every time I've seen people part of the organization trying to shut down the criticism, many times with nasty remarks.

Let's never forget.

People will never be happy about everything, there's a load of butt hurting in this thread inspiring some unfounded criticisms, but before pointing a finger to how the organizaton takes the criticism (in this and many cases, more like envy instead of real criticism), you should have a look at your own history, and remember. We are all human and some (like me) very hot tempered!

Maybe people who want to enjoy this event can continue chatting in the thread peacefully.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 3, 2010 4:14 am)

Bronx, NY
akira^8GB wrote:

And every time I've seen people part of the organization trying to shut down the criticism, many times with nasty remarks.

That's exactly my point: it shouldn't be that way. Criticism should be responded to, not dismissed or shut down. I don't want to derail this thread any further, though, let's get back to bein' excited about the event!

NSW, Australia

PRAY 2 DA ROK GODZ

EDIT: awesome show is awesome.

Last edited by Nue (Apr 3, 2010 9:38 am)

Australia

I'm certainly excited and pumped for this event!  I think the criticism that has been responded to in this thread has answered many of the underlying questions some of us have had.  Issues addressed such as set up time (for artists), a contingency plan for overtime, good sound and visuals, openness to having pre and post parties. 

As far as I can tell, most of those boxes are being ticked and everything is in place for a rocking weekend :-)   b3tabot; my hat off to you for staying positive and responding to peoples questions & concerns.  I’m certain most contributors here simply want to make sure the gig has a solid organisational team and goes to plan.

So lets hope that people buy advance tickets in support of this gig.  The initial cash flow is really important for paying outgoings such as artist accommodation and subsidising flights, etc., so I encourage people if they think they are going, to grab a ticket ASAP.  b3tabot: Will there be some kind of incentive system for buying tickets?  CD? Or perhaps a free breakfast?  (DO YOU LIKE…. ah, nevermind)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

If i lived closer i'd totally make the first 25-50 people breakfast. :-D my specialties.. pancakes, (cheesy)eggs, toast, waffles, fried egg sammiches, pancake puffs, and omelets. buuuut.. i dont. sorry.

IL, US
cTrix wrote:

b3tabot: Will there be some kind of incentive system for buying tickets?  CD? Or perhaps a free breakfast?  (DO YOU LIKE…. ah, nevermind)

incentives should work well esp. in this scene (for evidence check 8static and blip09's kickstarter), so this is probably a good idea if you want to encourage pre-sales smile

New York City
DaPantz wrote:

That's exactly my point: it shouldn't be that way.

Well I've seen you in this position before, so... wink

Washington DC
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

Let the bodies hit the

FLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR

e.s.c. wrote:
cTrix wrote:

b3tabot: Will there be some kind of incentive system for buying tickets?  CD? Or perhaps a free breakfast?  (DO YOU LIKE…. ah, nevermind)

incentives should work well esp. in this scene (for evidence check 8static and blip09's kickstarter), so this is probably a good idea if you want to encourage pre-sales smile

Hi guys,
Yeah, we got a couple of ideas....
Actually lots of them....

However, I think people instead of looking for incentives to buy a ticket in advance, they should just stop for a second and take a look of the magnitude of this event.... , then ask yourself if you would like this kind of event to have sequels....

The success of this event and many others to come ( if this one works out ) depends DIRECTLY on how many people show up to this.

There's several fellow promoters, musicians and visualists who are already asking me how to get in on the one for next year when we haven't even made any plans yet . I keep telling them that we have to wait and see how this turns out because if the fans don't show up, then the scene isn't ready for an event of this size yet.

ITS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE HOW BIG THIS GETS.
ME, PFFP, RobotHighFive & JC are just 4 individuals who are giving you a chance to do it.
Show your support by purchasing a ticket in advance... , and bring NEW FANS with you.

Some people performing in the show have a bunch of surprises in store for the fans and I hope everyone has a good time.

Thanks guys.
-BB

Last edited by B3tabot (Apr 4, 2010 10:58 am)

Milwaukee, WI

Two very, very important questions that no one has asked yet:

- Will there be BASS?
- Will there be free beer for performers?

There seriously needs to be earth-shattering BASS for Amigacore. Furthermore, there needs to be plenty of Pabst, Blatz, or Schlitz on hand for Amigacore as well. This trumps all else.