Unsubscribe
b3tabot wrote:

Stuff

Seriously don't let 5-10 whiners fuck with your plan. If anything let this serve as a lesson to use forums like this as an information RELEASE tool rather than an information collecting tool, as it is hardly indicative of the typical person who will likely attend such an event.

On a side note, wasn't that a beautiful weekend?

Long Island, NY
herr_prof wrote:
b3tabot wrote:

Stuff

Seriously don't let 5-10 whiners fuck with your plan. If anything let this serve as a lesson to use forums like this as an information RELEASE tool rather than an information collecting tool, as it is hardly indicative of the typical person who will likely attend such an event.

On a side note, wasn't that a beautiful weekend?

yeah people on forums can be pretty terrible and i gotta say it was pretty painful for me (longtime fan of the scene but never bothered to register here) to read through some of the posts but im pretty confident that there are tons of people like myself that are absolutely looking forward to this and really appreciate what youre trying to do here

and oh my yes it was quite nice this weekend

Milwaukee, WI
Sabrepulse wrote:

becuase people are getting paid to play

No they are not. (?)

That's the first I've heard of this.

Milwaukee, WI

I agree with the negativity being a tad bit too much. Just remember this: Sticks and Stones.

Ok, official announcement.

The venue has called us in to do an emergency meeting concerning the fact that they had no clue this kind of controversy was happening.
They are worried about the venue's reputation and JC productions also has expressed concerns regarding turnout caused by poor reception of the event.

Ticket sales will not happen as predicted on Friday April 9th.
I have made this decision simply because we cannot start taking people's money when the venue is about to shut us down.

Again: Ticket sales will not happen friday April 9th.
A re-scheduling of ticket sales and future of the event will be in order depending on today's meeting.
Very sad this is happening.
It does prove that these forums have an impact on large scale events of this kind.

Milwaukee, WI
b3tabot wrote:

The venue has called us in to do an emergency meeting concerning the fact that they had no clue this kind of controversy was happening.
They are worried about the venue's reputation and JC productions also has expressed concerns regarding turnout caused by poor reception of the event.

I call serious BS.

IL, US

temporarily closing thread for a momentary cool down period until a little more is sorted out...

IL, US

reopened
also i got an email saying its cancelled sad

BOSTON

BITCHFEST 2010: GO!!!!!!!

wat

Tacoma WA

o_0

Melbourne, Australia

Don't go blaming the scene or a forum for your mistakes b3tabot. You've failed in so many areas here.

You obviously didn't enter into a contract with the venue or your financial backers. You didn't do your research on your target audience to gauge demand and worst of all you tried to organise an even in a public forum. You wanted to have your cake and eat it too. You wanted to ride the excitement and adulation of your peers to gig day but when the water got too cold you started having second thoughts. You can say that it's the venues fault all you want, but your job as a promoter is to ensure that things like venue bookings are concrete.

These are all novice mistakes and I doubt you've ever thrown a successful event of this scale previously if you are still making these errors.

Tacoma WA
celsius wrote:

Don't go blaming the scene or a forum for your mistakes b3tabot. You've failed in so many areas here.

You obviously didn't enter into a contract with the venue or your financial backers. You didn't do your research on your target audience to gauge demand and worst of all you tried to organise an even in a public forum. You wanted to have your cake and eat it too. You wanted to ride the excitement and adulation of your peers to gig day but when the water got too cold you started having second thoughts. You can say that it's the venues fault all you want, but your job as a promoter is to ensure that things like venue bookings are concrete.

These are all novice mistakes and I doubt you've ever thrown a successful event of this scale previously if you are still making these errors.

i just hope none of the performers got burnt buying transportation to the show..

BK
infradead wrote:

i just hope none of the performers got burnt buying transportation to the show..

Exactly what just went through my head.

Brooklon

If there is a chance that this thing is still on, why in god's name would you prematurely send an email stating with much certainty that it is "cancelled"?

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I don't understand
Giant show with tons of artists is lined up
Apparently people talk bad about it on forums (I still fail to see where this happened)
Show is canceled

I mean what the hell seriously?
I wasn't planning on going, but those artists want to play and they deserve it
Play the profanity show