Nomad's Land

i think the pacing of the intro works very well. good job wink

GTA, ON

@irrlichtproject - Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out as well

Alright, as another quick update, I pulled some long hours and got the majority of the last chunk of videos done and uploaded:

Brother Android - Black Gate
Dire Hit - Counterattack
Dark Oyster - Let's Go to The Graffiti Festival
Feryl - She Never Wrote Me Back
Irrlicht Project - Galaxzija-10
National Broadcast Network - The Western Rim
Vince Kaichan - Victory Flower Fields

Thanks for the patience everyone!

I think I will be taking a bit of a break now to get caught up on everything else I have going on, but keep the track submissions coming! (via email), and I'll work on getting the videos done and uploaded. Hopefully I'll be able to do a bit of promo stuff too (now that there is actual content).

Cheers!

California, USA

I'm really liking the channel! I'm hoping it grows a lot from here.

GTA, ON

@Dark Oyster - Thanks! I'm hoping for the best with this thing smile

Canada

damn that's sick.

Last edited by Jansaw (Aug 4, 2013 5:02 pm)

Looking good! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

GTA, ON

@Jansaw - Excellent, glad you guys like the content thus far

@Feryl - Thanks! This has been something I've wanted to try out for awhile, so I'm glad that enough people submitted stuff to actually get it rolling a bit.

Arad, Romania

Ditch the intro.

GTA, ON

@qb - Any particular reason why? I could understand if you were listening to a bunch of songs in a row or something but I don't think there are enough videos up for that just yet.

Douglas, Wyoming

The visualizer looks amazing

GTA, ON

@Monotron - Thanks! I'm rather happy with the way that it turned out as well

Arad, Romania

I really don't see the point of the intro. Yours is quite short but some people will find it annoying.

I think the intro's pretty cool. Has a nice little start-up sound too.

GTA, ON

@qb - I suppose its just intended as a "branding" thing more than anything else, just so that all the videos have the intro sequence in common (as well as the visualizer style) to give a bit of familiarity between them all. I tried to keep it as short as possible, but I do understand that some people will find it annoying. I'm just not 100% sure how we could find a common ground between people who like and dislike it though.

@Feryl - Thank you, btw just rendering out your second song right now actually haha

Arad, Romania

The intro is cool but it seems out of place for this type of video. Not to mention that you have to sit through it every time you listen to one of the songs uploaded on the channel and that can be a drag if you are watching a bunch of videos in a row. As far as branding goes, I think the visualizer and video layout is enough. If someone is going to rip off your videos they'll probably strip the intro and you'll still be able to tell by the style of the visualizer and layout.

What I'm saying is that you probably shouldn't include stuff that people will find annoying if it isn't really necessary. Look at most successful music channels on YouTube, how many of them use an intro?

TX

I think qb's probably right. The intro is really cool, but after watching a couple of videos with it I started wishing it wasn't there. The intro would be great if you were doing, like, some kind of news video, but if it's just music, I think the visualizer provides more than enough cohesion between videos.