United Kingdom

He confirmed he shipped mine today as well! smile Can't wait to get it. By the sounds of it, building and testing each unit can be time consuming but I am sure will definitely be worth the wait!

Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Aly James wrote:

If it can help...I have never read a story about somebody being screwed up by Seb, I know it will not make your device delivered faster and the delivery/making/answering is reaaaaaly long smile but I am sure it will come at some point and Seb will provide a solution for the undelivered ones.
smile

Thanks a lot, Aly James. I just needed some reply, wasn't in fact rushing the guy (really, that wasn't my goal). And hey, he just replied, quickly after this post here! Thanks a lot, guys!

Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
wedanced wrote:

I was in the same batch as your Cosmonal. I just received my email today that my unit has been shipped. He is steadily pumping these guys out. Don't worry. I am sure yours is coming up smile
little-scale is a good guy so dont you worry.

I just received my email today with the same good news from Sebastian!

Really, I was a little upset with not receiving *any* reply for months from Sebastian. I know I had a PRE order, I know there was no date for delivering. This is fine, just to have the guy making this precious hardware for us... is just great.

Anyway, I was -- yes -- a little upset not with the delay, and yes with the fact that there was no response for months on the email. He only answered after this post here, so I thank you all for the support and information and thank you Sebastian as well. I ask him to forgive me if I did something wrong here smile

Now, waiting for the precious GenMDM to arrive and Triton can trigger some MIDI notes directly (oh my God...) to that beloved console... thank you again, Sebastian!

FRANCE

REMINDER of my last little GenMDM bug/questions report smile

-PSG side: channels 1,2,3,4

Not mentioned in the CC list but:
CC#11 (expression)
can control the PSG volume too, witch is great but it only affect PSG channel 1 and 2.
PSG channel 3 CC#11 seems to affect volume on PSG channel 1
CC#85 do not work on either.
CC#42 on channel 1 : seems to change the TET tunning on channel 1 but also affect channel 02
CC#42 on channel 2 : seems to change the TET but only affect channel 03
CC#42 on channel 3 : seems to change the TET but only affect channel 01

-YM2612 side:
See previous posts.

VGM Logger:
CC#114 set above 65
GenMDM do not output any CC Message.

Anybody who can send informations on this is welcomed
Seb, PM me about this when you got some time, I would really loved the logging feature smile

Last edited by Aly James (Sep 17, 2013 1:23 pm)

I have some problems with the M4L strips
I use 102 firmware, but when I try the newest 102 M4L tools with TFI support in the FM ch. strip, I can't get any sound
It works with the previous 102 M4L Tools

any suggestions?
is the 103 far away?

FRANCE

So far I have always been using FMDrive to control the hardware so I have no clue for M4L tools...
102 Firmware needs the correction I previously reported here but for the rest it works fine smile
waiting for working VGM logger and user PCM sample memory tools!

I have just updated FMDrive to 1.23 and improved again my audio engine, what I usually do is making the song with FMDrive (and lately Super PSG beta), clean up the live recorded poly notes to be sure everything sent to a channel is mono, set velocity to max, record automation etc...If I want the hardware output, I then hook up GenMDM and route the MIDI content to it smile

Here is a direct audio comparison...

kansas city
eptheca wrote:

I have some problems with the M4L strips
I use 102 firmware, but when I try the newest 102 M4L tools with TFI support in the FM ch. strip, I can't get any sound
It works with the previous 102 M4L Tools

any suggestions?
is the 103 far away?

I have the same trouble.

for some reason in mine the channel modulation order seems to be 1->3->2->4 in the channel strip, has this been noted by anyone else before?

FRANCE
dubroutine wrote:

for some reason in mine the channel modulation order seems to be 1->3->2->4 in the channel strip, has this been noted by anyone else before?

Yes I reported this here a few pages back smile >> http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/171808/#p171808
for example you shown algorithm 0 in your example :  1->3->2->4  where only OP 4 is the carrier.

It is a typical typo error in some documentations, OP 3 & 2 are often swapped.

San Francisco

The more i mess with this hardware the more inlove i am BTW!!!!!

Thanx seb for the awesome.

Tokyo, Japan

I just started work on a Guru definition for renoise users. GUI is mostly done!

San Francisco

hey quick question for any of you that are using the ableton instrument editing tools that little-scale made for genmdm. so It is a solid FM editor setup but what are the algorithm layouts that correlate to each number? I cant figure out which operator is going into what and which is feeding back.
Having issues programing my FM synthesis because of not knowing this.

None of this is useful because you can't get the damned hardware. :<

wedanced wrote:

hey quick question for any of you that are using the ableton instrument editing tools that little-scale made for genmdm. so It is a solid FM editor setup but what are the algorithm layouts that correlate to each number? I cant figure out which operator is going into what and which is feeding back.
Having issues programing my FM synthesis because of not knowing this.

Keep these links on hand:
http://little-scale.com/GENMDM/GENMDM_1 … DM_102.txt
http://www.alyjameslab.com/wa_files/FMD … MANUAL.pdf

the first link is littlescale's quick ref for the system. the algorithms are there (with the caveat explained a few posts above ^)

Aly's FMdrive manual (second link) is nice documentation explaining clearly what the soundchip and parameters do - almost everything is the same in the GenMDM naturally. It helped me a lot figuring out what my random tinkering was actually doing smile

Aly, would that bug impact how .tfi instruments sound when imported? or does it map correctly... I haven't been getting great results for the most part with the tfi imports

Last edited by dubroutine (Oct 13, 2013 2:10 pm)

FRANCE
dubroutine wrote:

Aly, would that bug impact how .tfi instruments sound when imported? or does it map correctly... I haven't been getting great results for the most part with the tfi imports

The problems you might have with .tfi is not with the algorithm and operator's connection as this is just a typo error in the GenMDM doc but mainly from the Second decay rate (D2R) mapping error in GenMDM 102 I related a while ago. This parameters greatly influence the final sound.
You also need to take in account that velocity is assigned to TL levels in GenMDM and this also affect the final sound a lot in FM.

That is why you might often end up with a different patch than the one you should when D2R is involved.

Until a small fix is available (maybe this as been addressed since, but not publicly here by Seb) a workaround is to set Sustain level to max attenuation (this disables the second decay rate).
By default GenMDM seems to have Second decay rate set high with a long decay and only OP1 (M1 the one with feedback) accept control over it in a limited way (only goes from max to middle rate instead of min).

Hope that helps,
between this does not impact to much what you can do sound-wise smile

reminder for the EG :

Last edited by Aly James (Oct 13, 2013 6:31 pm)

San Francisco

Perfect! thanx guys. ally's charts match the algorithm setup in little-scales tools so its a great visual reference. that EG chart helps a lot too!