Minneapolis

Burn baby (EPROM) burn! Woot! I'm really excited to be able to mess around with this stuff hopefully soon, presuming I did this donor cartridge right... next up, a multiple SRAM switcher circuit. smile

))<>((

It runs fine on my PSP with FCEu, but the sound glitches out sometimes. It would be a good composing medium, but not for recording.

Anyway, I love it. Still trying to get used to the controls, and the interface and all that, but it's still awesome. smile

Ciudad de méxico, MX

EDIT : it works on my dingoo LIKE A CHARM!

sounds glitches here and there ( low register pulse channels)

but it's amazing.

like herr_proff have said, i remapped the buttons like LGPT, it kick ass.

i can't figure out how to load the .sav on the native emulator sad

Last edited by Analog (Apr 9, 2010 12:59 pm)

0R360N

When i say it does not work, I mean is sounds like shit.

I have a pretty beefy save file utilizing all the features. i pretty much spent most my beta testing time putting it the to the test on various systems.

PSP sounds horrible, Netser actually sounded better than FCE int he long run. You can definitely compose on it, and may not even notice how shitty it sounds, but if you took your PSP .sav to a powerpak you would see (and vise versa) and the 5th channel does not even really work.

Running it on a DS is more pathetic then running LSDJ on a DS.

I assumed Dingoo would suck cause from my experience PSP handles EMU better than Dingoo.

Best emulator I found besides Nestopia on MAC/PC was FCE on wii. still was not perfect though.

Minneapolis

Custom cart tut is coming, yes. It's not that hard to do if you're careful, and the multiple SRAM hack is pretty cool. Well, it's considerably harder than a prosound, but most real hacks are. smile Roughly 6 re-traces for the EPROMs themselves, but unfortunately the SRAM-switcher rewire is a bit of a bear, but otherwise straightforward.

WOW MAN!

Last tutorial for a little while: Arpeggios, Duty Modulation & Auto Echo

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=238

Geneva, NY

To continue the NSF discussion in the other thread...

Yeah, tons of people still use em.  They're highly regarded as the standard for NES music.  Famicompo, Battle of the Bits... accept NSFs as the sole format for NES music entries.  It's a nice little file format indeed.  And MANY media players accept NSF just as they accept MP3.  Make it happen, Neil.  MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Geneva, NY
neilbaldwin wrote:

But that's for older music, right?

I mean, you look at *cough* 8bc and bandcamp and it's all MP3?

8bc allows nsf uploads.  I wish there was an option to search by file format cuz I know there are many posted there.

http://famicompo-mini.com/  <--- that's all new nsfs up in there. Over 100 nsfs were entered in the most recent compo that happened this past winter.

http://2a03.free.fr/?p=pub&type=nsf  <-- and the kids keep uploading stuffs there!

Need more?  big_smile

Plano, TX

What's the point though?

LSDJ doesn't dump files to a.. well, whatever format Game Boy music files are in.. and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

I would say development should continue on making it a stronger tracker/player/tool, etc. for now and add extraneous features when the tracker/player/tool cannot really be improved on anymore.

Last edited by PixyJunket (Apr 8, 2010 8:26 pm)

WOW MAN!

It's dead. I'm killing it right here and now.

R.I.P NSF

Geneva, NY
PixyJunket wrote:

Whats the point though?

LSDJ doesn't dump files to a.. well, whatever Game Boy music files are and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

You're too new.  It's been requested in the past.

neilbaldwin wrote:

It's dead. I'm killing it right here and now.

R.I.P NSF

LOL

Unsubscribe

What about all the nsf from dudes who websites have disappeared? Also POWERPAK PLAYABLE!

Minneapolis

Woot! A new format for a new era. NSF has been around since forever, and it's certainly not the most efficient file format to work with, even if it's always been the de-facto standard. I'll do without NSF for what NTRQ can offer.

EDIT: what about powerpak firmware upgrade? That'd make it POWERPAK PLAYABLE. Also, why bother putting old NSF files into NTRQ, make new ones! I suppose someone creative could write an NSF to NTRQ format converter that runs on PC, that'd be actually useful to convert over to the better format.

EDIT2: I say it's better because from a computer-geek standpoint it is: it's supported by it's original developer, it's compact, it's efficient for use in an onboard editing setting like in NTRQ.

Last edited by arfink (Apr 8, 2010 8:30 pm)

Geneva, NY
PixyJunket wrote:

Whats the point though?

I didn't answer this.  It's an excellently small and widely accepted cross platform file format.  It will play on a Rockbox enabled iPod or my Windows machine or my Wii... AND ON AN NES.  This is desirable.

Plano, TX
bleo wrote:

You're too new.  It's been requested in the past.

I don't doubt that.

But it hasn't been implemented and I don't see what huge benefit it would provide IF added at this point.

If NTRQ is anything like LSDJ, a single song file won't even transfer to an .NSF correctly as it could be played/manipulated several different ways. Maybe a single play session to an .NSF could work, but eh, it still seems like a feature to worry about much later.

Minneapolis
bleo wrote:
PixyJunket wrote:

Whats the point though?

I didn't answer this.  It's an excellently small and widely accepted cross platform file format.  It will play on a Rockbox enabled iPod or my Windows machine or my Wii... AND ON AN NES.  This is desirable.

With a little coding NTRQ files could do that too. Especially if this tool takes off for music composition, which I believe it will.