Internet

Hey everyone! My name is Hulex. Literally everywhere. I'm also known as Kid Internet on my soundcloud. ANYWAY.

I literally just got my flashcart for my Gameboy in the mail today, preloaded with LSDJ. It was intimidating at first but I'm warming up to it, and I've already got a decent track started up on it.

I've been a fan of chip music since before I even knew it was a thing, for years and years. I'm sure everyone has a similar story but I -really- have a passion for the sound.

I picked up a Gameboy Advance SP from the local indie game shop in town as a convenient, entry-level chip-producing device. Can't beat the convenience of a built in backlight, rechargeable battery, and the ability to play GBA games too for fun :3 I'll get a modded Game Boy original -eventually- but I'm starting out and learning on this. Impatiently waiting for that headphone adapter to show up >_>

(I'm rambling a bit, sorry. Really excited and I have a lot to say~)

What really sparked my passion and interest was going to Pulsewave (I think that's what it was called) in NYC with some friends. Met some cool people there and even performed live* (I streamed an mp3 of an Ableton track from my phone. Shame.)

I poke fun at the perceived elitism in the chip community but really I am here to have fun and share and listen to kickin bangin original chiptunes, or draw inspiration from classics from the NES and GB library.

I'm here to share my ideas, my WIPs, my tracks, and also learn from others in the community! I am -just- starting out and I have much to learn, but I am really really really excited about being able to start making music. I hope we can all be the BEST of friends :D

Sorry for the long winded intro. This will probably be my single longest post on the site. Let's be friends!

I'm here or whatever.

France (au milieu)

Hi,

Sesska, newcomer on GB music with LSDJ \o/

Mostly doublebass player (balkan/gipsy folk - swing), flutes and ukulele... I used to make some noisy d&b-jungle-abstractHH-dubish things on reason in a previous life...
i've just found my oooooold GB in a box ''by chance'' (actually searching for my 2 screens donkey-kong pocket game for a funny kitshy present to my 5yo son^^) and felt like giving it a try!

got no clue about 8bit/chiptune uses and culture though... a bit of why i'm here... and seek some tips on how to improve on this new toy...

Sesska wrote:

Hi,

Sesska, newcomer on GB music with LSDJ \o/

Mostly doublebass player (balkan/gipsy folk - swing), flutes and ukulele... I used to make some noisy d&b-jungle-abstractHH-dubish things on reason in a previous life...
i've just found my oooooold GB in a box ''by chance'' (actually searching for my 2 screens donkey-kong pocket game for a funny kitshy present to my 5yo son^^) and felt like giving it a try!

got no clue about 8bit/chiptune uses and culture though... a bit of why i'm here... and seek some tips on how to improve on this new toy...

i occasionally play klezmer music with my friends here in jerusalem....maybe one day you and i can combine our european folk music knowledge with that of chip music and make some interesting stuff together : )

Toronto

Hello World!

Doc reporting live from Toronto Ontario. long time listener of chipmusic and finally took the plunge and picked up a copy of LSDJ and modded my beloved colour!
I'm a serious gameboy photographer and proud of it.
Currently I'm still getting my feet wet, trying to cover some of my fav bands in 8 bit. Got Major Tom, Wolf at the door and Dramamine down.
Hope to learn alot from you guys

-Doc

France (au milieu)

i occasionally play klezmer music with my friends here in jerusalem...

cool, on which instrument ?

Hi,

maybe one day you and i can combine our european folk music knowledge with that of chip music and make some interesting stuff together : )

hi, no pb, this will surely end up in some Korebeiniki-like battle smile

nowhere

hello!

I'm adam, member of the C64 group called onslaught.. I write c64 music and do a little bit of programming. I also go by the name 'anthrium' when I create music for amiga/pc/etc. I have been writing music using computers for many years smile

nice website smile

http://soundcloud.com/anthrium
http://anthrium.bandcamp.com

MA
anthrium wrote:

hello!

I'm adam, member of the C64 group called onslaught.. I write c64 music and do a little bit of programming. I also go by the name 'anthrium' when I create music for amiga/pc/etc. I have been writing music using computers for many years smile

nice website smile

http://soundcloud.com/anthrium
http://anthrium.bandcamp.com

I really enjoy your stuff smile
I'm definitely going to follow you on soundcloud♥

nowhere
Powerghost wrote:

thx powerghost smile

Hey guys,
Not entirely new here, just took some time and underwent a name change. Writing primarily with nanoloop 1.6, lsdj makes my head hurt. Might start integrating some non-gb stuff in the future, but we'll see. Here's a songs!

http://chipmusic.org/volcazord/music/stiff

More on the soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/volcazord/tracks

MA
anthrium wrote:
Powerghost wrote:

thx powerghost smile

No problem :3♥

Oregon

Hello!

I'm not super great at introductions, but I'm Xenothral. I'm pretty awful at making anything musically so far, I mostly just futz around in MilkyTracker and make stuff that sounds bad and then not save it, but I guess most everything starts with experimentation, right?

I don't have anything really neat to show you all, sadly, since most of my time is spent playing games rather than trying to make sweet music.

More than likely I'll be lurking around instead of actually engaging in conversation, but if I have any questions I'll ask them for sure.

South Korea
Xenothral wrote:

Hello!

I'm not super great at introductions, but I'm Xenothral. I'm pretty awful at making anything musically so far, I mostly just futz around in MilkyTracker and make stuff that sounds bad and then not save it, but I guess most everything starts with experimentation, right?

I don't have anything really neat to show you all, sadly, since most of my time is spent playing games rather than trying to make sweet music.

More than likely I'll be lurking around instead of actually engaging in conversation, but if I have any questions I'll ask them for sure.

Wow! You have the exact same workflow as me smile Try to make some super awesome music ~ fail ~ play games instead ~ try again tomorrow!
If you feel a bit stuck/uninspired, join a comp, they happen frequently and force you to focus.
Welcome to cm.o, learn as much as you can from the members (they are kind, mostly), and have FUN!

UK, Leicester
Xenothral wrote:

Hello!

you remind me of me. imo, you should always save what you make, even if you don't think it's that great, you could always use it for reference or some shit.

Hello! I don't have a long essay to right about myself because there's not much to say. I like to use LSDJ as a hobby and play pokemon too. Been a long time game boy player and have 100+ hours on my old save of pokemon gold. (One of my greatest achievements.)

New Albany Indiana
PizzaPartyUSA wrote:

Hello! I don't have a long essay to right about myself because there's not much to say. I like to use LSDJ as a hobby and play pokemon too. Been a long time game boy player and have 100+ hours on my old save of pokemon gold. (One of my greatest achievements.)

only a 100 hours?
Guess you never got into EV and IV training haha .

Nice to meet ya!