Brighton
el-bee wrote:

Still waiting for mine to be shipped, paid over a year ago...
[...]
At a glance on this thread I'm counting at least Yogi, SAMWAVE, Kitsch, DSC, Msefk, Cosmonal, mercury fm, Ether and Radian

Just for the record, everyone who hasn't yet received their GenMDM, please reply to this!

Yep, still waiting.
I'm moving house soon too, anyone know the best way to get in touch so I can change the address if it hasn't already shipped ?

Hi all,
After hanging out on the little-scale blog for the past few months exploring Seb's hardware hacks and amazing M4L work, I discovered this thread.  I've spent the last few hours reading through 74 pages of posts, watching the steady evolution of the GenMDM, as well as Aly James excellent VSTs and the many other mega hacks, mods and makes that folks have posted.

For those those of you who are tired of waiting, I understand the frustration of having paid for something, waiting patiently, and only getting silence from the seller. I totally got burned on the midiNES. 

That said, I have trust in Seb's ability to come through on this and am willing to take the risk.

If any of you are looking for a refund for your pre-order and have not yet received an email from Seb notifying you that your unit has shipped, let me know and I will happily buy your spot for what you paid (including express shipping, if you bought that option).

I can purchase up to 3 pre-order spots now and up to 5 by the end of February.  PM me if you're interested.

Best,
~GM

I'm selling mine
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/13255 … a-drive-1/

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
radian wrote:
el-bee wrote:

Still waiting for mine to be shipped, paid over a year ago...
[...]
At a glance on this thread I'm counting at least Yogi, SAMWAVE, Kitsch, DSC, Msefk, Cosmonal, mercury fm, Ether and Radian

Just for the record, everyone who hasn't yet received their GenMDM, please reply to this!

Yep, still waiting.
I'm moving house soon too, anyone know the best way to get in touch so I can change the address if it hasn't already shipped ?

OK so I've been hanging back from this discussion for awhile because IMO it doesn't help much. I totally understand the frustration, feel it a bit myself, but again IMO I trust Seb to fulfill our orders.
   We are not dealing with Fry's or RadioShack, just a guy that leads a busy life with a day job and lots of other activities. That said, Yes it would be nice to have the GenMDM in my hot hands but I can wait for it because in the end I would rather have the interface then a refund.
  I have no idea what the holdup is and knowing the reasons doesn't make that big of a difference to me in the long run. Just recently Seb posted new firmware on his blog, so perhaps he was delaying for that, IDK. To tell the truth I'm fine with a bag of parts and doing my own assembly if Seb wants to kit it out.
gopal_metro has expressed interest in buying out another's place in line and I'm sure there are other parties out there that would like to get in line also. So that may be an out if you have lost interest or patience.
  Anyway, my only point is I know it's a bummer waiting and even worse not hearing anything but again IMO it will be worth it.
Yogi

epetheca,
That is a beautiful piece of kit and I'm certain you'll find a buyer in no time!  For me, though, I already have a few units modded and ready to go, so I'm only looking for GenMDMs at this point.

However, thank you for the offer!  I'll definitely pass along the link and help spread the word. smile

All the best!

Last edited by gopal_metro (Jan 23, 2014 7:45 pm)

USA
el-bee wrote:

Just for the record, everyone who hasn't yet received their GenMDM, please reply to this! Who knows, maybe we can have a separate thread for all the delivery complaints smile

Still waiting here as well. I'm not frustrated to be honest, but i'm not as enthused as I was when I first preordered it. The only thing that's kept me hanging on is FM Drive, which aly james did great work on. Hope Seb comes through with some news soon, my nomad is lonely.

kansas city

Anyone on a PC install the new firmware (103) ? Ive got a couple of questions.

Austin, TX
el-bee wrote:

Just for the record, everyone who hasn't yet received their GenMDM, please reply to this! Who knows, maybe we can have a separate thread for all the delivery complaints smile

Still waiting over here, though I ordered my GenMDM with an email I don't have access to at the moment so for all I know it may be in the mail right now.

Not that frustrated since Aly James' VSTs have held me over in the meantime, but it's still kind of a bummer to glance at my modded, unused Genesis on the shelf.

FRANCE
Fatal Labyrinth wrote:
el-bee wrote:

Still waiting over here, though I ordered my GenMDM with an email I don't have access to at the moment so for all I know it may be in the mail right now.

Not that frustrated since Aly James' VSTs have held me over in the meantime, but it's still kind of a bummer to glance at my modded, unused Genesis on the shelf.

If it can keeps you waiting a bit mo' your Genesis will soon awake smile  I will point you all to a FMDrive >> vgm converter >> ROM , very soon!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Aly James wrote:
Fatal Labyrinth wrote:

If it can keeps you waiting a bit mo' your Genesis will soon awake smile  I will point you all to a FMDrive >> vgm converter >> ROM , very soon!

Hmmm  this sounds interesting. Will have to look into flash carts I think
Yogi

FRANCE

To keep you all waiting a bit more... smile
YM2612インストゥルメントエディタ - セガジェネシス - メガドライブのROM
(YM2612 Instrument Editor - Sega Genesis -Megadrive ROM)

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/13310 … ompatible/

Enjoy!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Spotted your thread on this and DLed all ready. Looks useful and fun. It works best in a emu; to save the TFI patches? Just a single channel at a time?
Yogi

FRANCE
yogi wrote:

Spotted your thread on this and DLed all ready. Looks useful and fun. It works best in a emu; to save the TFI patches? Just a single channel at a time?
Yogi

(updated) It should displays almost fine now of every hardware model smile
yep, it only gives you the ability to test some preset on channel 1.
If you want to save, you will indeed need to load it in an emulator with FM voice dumping ability, most of them got that smile

Buenos Aires, Argentina

little-scale, I assume that inside the cart there's no black magic running, so could you please share the rom located inside it? Or some type of specs regarding to how signals come from the pad.

This will be a great idea even to make a GENMDM-lite that only comes with the PAD CONNECTION INPUT and the rom to be burned/everdrive-added.

Boston, MA
Delek wrote:

little-scale, could you please share the rom?

Finland
Delek wrote:

little-scale, I assume that inside the cart there's no black magic running, so could you please share the rom located inside it? Or some type of specs regarding to how signals come from the pad.

+1

At least the people who have paid for their cart and not gotten one yet, should definitely get the rom binary, schematics and board layout files. It's the least Seb can do since as long as he's clearly not able to deliver the hardware in any reasonable time span (eg. within ~2 months of receiving payment).

With these files, people can at least find the means to construct GENMDM by themselves.