Adelaide, Australia

Don't be ridiculous. If you did nothing wrong, why are you posting a 'statement'? :S

Unsubscribe

I dunno.. i can see how the headline can be written to say CHIPMUSIC ADMIN CAUGHT HACKING 8BC.ORG. It was a nice bit of transparency before rumor and innuendo took hold.

England
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:
SKGB wrote:

myles756

He was the dude who changed his name to Sonicbeat, then changed back to myles756. cool

as soon as he got it changed it to Sonicbeat, I asked to have my name changed to myles756 and he threw a wobbly, lol.

I just ate a nice cheese sandwich.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Dweeble wrote:

I just ate a nice cheese sandwich.

Thanks Dweeble. you've just proven to me that no one can really let the ways of 8bc go... Your contribution to the "discussion" is a really big help.

Kiel, Germany

Oh gee, I'm sure happy that there's a discussion about 8bc going on on here, that can only serve the site well.
...guys, can't we just forget that place and move on? Or at least keep both completely seperated?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
STereochan wrote:

Oh gee, I'm sure happy that there's a discussion about 8bc going on on here, that can only serve the site well.
...guys, can't we just forget that place and move on? Or at least keep both completely seperated?

Dont you get it? Thats the nature of the chip/8-bit scene that revolves around internet forums. it's all high school drama and scene status crap.
the sooner people realize that there is a life outside of the internet web forums they might actually move forward in music, or at least maturity.
wink

Unsubscribe

I don't remember being threatened with legal action in my high school.

uhajdafdfdfa

Since the majority of members of this site are members of 8bitcollective, I'm sure at least 90% are aware of it, and it plays/has played a pretty big part in the chip music 'scene', I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to discuss it on a website called chipmusic.org which supposedly is a place to talk about chip music and the related 'scene'. It's one thread, it's in "general discussion", and it's surely more relevant than this one, for example.

I bet you wouldn't be telling us to stop talking about it if it was micromusic.net that got hacked... grow up. tongue

As for nitro2k01's statement, it's good, I like it, and I hope you don't get sued. smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
ant1 wrote:

I bet you wouldn't be telling us to stop talking about it if it was micromusic.net that got hacked... grow up. tongue

As for nitro2k01's statement, it's good, I like it, and I hope you don't get sued. smile

Actually i would. I never liked micromusic.net's site. the lay out annoyed me.

As for Nitro.. Jose has a lot of balls to accuse Nitro of doing something illegal towards him. Kettle me black Jose. that's what i say.

Nothing is going to happen to NItro because Jose has no case. He can hide behind his dad all he wants... But I can think of at least 10 people who could and should sit down with Jose's father and explain to him exactly what Jose has been doing illegally for the last year and a half.

Just sounds to me like Jose needs to get a good spanking like the little boy that he is. Leave Nitro alone and go back to his "business" of Jose's"collective".org and beef up his security like he should have done 2 years ago. Oh wait.. He pissed off his entire staff, and coding staff quit... so now he's stuck doing it himself. Well shame on him.

That being said.. i just don't think this "discussion" is going anywhere because 98% of the people have no clue what's going on. They're simply speculating and gathering in the hall while 2 kids fight and chant "fight, fight fight"

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 20, 2010 2:00 pm)

A gray world of dread

True, but as ant1 said, it's still of interest to me since it matters to a community I'm part of. While I couldn't care less for the lols, the mudslinging and the dickery, I kinda have an eye on it like I'd have on the evening news. As a community matter I think it has a place here.

Edit: I can understand you as well, though. I guess I'd have my belly full of the topic too were I in your shoes.

Last edited by µB (Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

It might be in interest to people.. but what's it going to solve?

So we can all gather our pitch forks and torches.. grab the tar and feathers and start hating on Jose?

What good is a "discussion" going to do? solve Nitro's problem that Jose's a self centered prick who in reality only cares for his own well being and will disregard his own personal flaws and quickly point a finger at someone else when it was his lack of security that got the site apparently "Hacked" ?

Seriously what good is discussing Jose's legal action towards Nitro going to solve? Some how Jose will read this and realize.. You know.. maybe i'm over reacting.. maybe i should consider being nice to people who have helped me over the years to build a large well known website/community and learn from this hack, beef up security and move on.

If there's one thing Jose does well.. it's not think think his actions through before acting. And he's doing just that. What cracks me up is no matter what he does. No matter who he screws over. People still keep going to his stupid website, and buy his stupid carts.. Slaving to the man and talking shit about him behind his back. I hold my head up high knowing i stood up to his BS and said.. "hey, i see what you're doing and i dont like it, so fuck you, i'm out" 

All this discussion will only get more people saying.. "i dont like what he's doing, but ... it's a community, i can't walk away from that"
As if your social status is going to change by leaving 8bc.

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 20, 2010 2:27 pm)

Geneva, NY

Indeed!  What good would it be to further bash Jose and 8bc here, rather than discuss?  /thread

Sweeeeeeden

I agree. This was probably the right way to go. People have been informed, everything that is relevant to say has been said, and this thread was going downhill. Thanks for the close, bleo. If anyone has anything important to say to me, shoot me a PM.