Madriz, Supain
The Silph Scope wrote:
Domu wrote:

off topic, but im not a member of any metal forums and im guessing many of the peeps here are also into death metal; can anyone reccomend some good brutal death metal? i like Decapitated but thats about as far as my knowledge goes (aside from gothenberg sound) I favour the super staccatto chug breakdowns if thats any help, and not so much a fan of the super slow styles (obituary? mortuary? i forget, those guys on roadrunner back in the day)

soz for diversion!

http://thesilphscope.bandcamp.com/track … ie-meatbag
/shameless

what drum samples are those?

they sound pretty close to real.

I dig the small synth/rare guitar on the squeack part. I love it

S.L.C. Utah

It's about time this topic happened! Really digging the low-fi vileplume vocals. Threw a video together for the song "maximum thrash" and I want to add similar vocals:

http://youtu.be/qdZCyf_KEZA

Anyone interested?

Last edited by Volt 44 (Apr 22, 2013 1:35 am)

Xuriik wrote:
validpointdaniel wrote:

how are the vocals on vileplume achieved? is that like equalization or effects or recording or what?

I remember him saying on the release thread that they were resampled. That's about right, I can get a similar effect by changing the sample rate on my vocal tracks back and forth between a bunch of different rates.

I screamed as hard as I could all the way across the room from this shitty taken apart sing-star microphone in a can, and then maxed the gain on the recording, resampled, bitcrushed a tiny bit, and added some reverb.  I tried to give it a feel of original black metal, but also resample it down to better fit with LSDJ in my opinion.

Keep it true kvlt guys, glad to hear you're into it, I've got new tracks on the way \m/

Here's some shit I like:

South Korea

Thanks VERY much to SuperBustySamuraiMonkey for taking the time to share those instruments, they will definitely come in very handy in my persuit for the true necro chip sound.
Volt44, I would like to try my hand at some vocals for your track. Do you have lyrics? PM me with the details...
And finally, and this is (of course) COMPLETELY hypothetical, if some sort of black metal tribute compilation had to happen, which songs would you guys like to cover?

Riverside, CA
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

what drum samples are those?

Superior Drummer.

Madriz, Supain
DeerPresident wrote:

Thanks VERY much to SuperBustySamuraiMonkey for taking the time to share those instruments, they will definitely come in very handy in my persuit for the true necro chip sound.
Volt44, I would like to try my hand at some vocals for your track. Do you have lyrics? PM me with the details...
And finally, and this is (of course) COMPLETELY hypothetical, if some sort of black metal tribute compilation had to happen, which songs would you guys like to cover?

we'd rather make a necrometal compilation than a tribute one, in my opinion.

Chicago
vile_plume wrote:

I screamed as hard as I could all the way across the room from this shitty taken apart sing-star microphone in a can, and then maxed the gain on the recording, resampled, bitcrushed a tiny bit, and added some reverb.

serious props

ohgodno, Indiana

Anyone tried random 'screams' into a harmonica mic?
Fun times wink

West Yorks, UK

i can attest those green semi dome shaped shure harmonica mics are cheap and the shit for lofi vocals. used them extensively, tho cannot remember the model number fort life in me

West Yorks, UK

thanks for the brutal death reccomendations, i do already know Nile (like the only other one i really know tbh), and quite enjoyed ur track SilphScope.
Any more for any more?

Madriz, Supain
b4by f4c3 wrote:

Anyone tried random 'screams' into a harmonica mic?
Fun times wink

Actually harmonica mikes are common in garage music and shit, last I heard. I want one so bad but I always end up wasting my money on other shit

Canada

Was inspired by this thread and made this. Don't know why I never posted it here...
http://chipmusic.org/jansaw/music/black-metal

Last edited by Jansaw (Jul 5, 2014 3:37 pm)