Hey people, I'm Jamcloud I recently got interested in making chiptune music on LSDJ when I saw the Gb303, been playing around for about 3 months but ive decided to invest more time in chiptune, so i thought i should join the forums smile

Last edited by Jamcloud7727 (Jul 13, 2015 12:35 am)

))<>((

wow this place is still here

Sweden

Hi all, I'm Ledfyr from Sweden! Been lurking these forums for a few months now.
A while ago I started listening to the chiptune channel at rainwave.cc. I think it was "PDF Format - You won't get with me tonight"  that got me hooked on the GB sound. Then I found this place and got interested in making chipmusic myself. I have previously made some melodic electro and I feel that chiptune will be a fun way forward.
I have a SammichSID since a while back and recently got myself a GB Pocket and an Arduinoboy. I plan on making some happy chiptunes with LSDJ MIDI out and the Sammich.

See you around!

Hi, I'm Isoin/Min (poor decision to put a slash in my name since i cant access my profile) and i just joined because I was having issue on a song.
My main encounter with chips was a knockoff version of flappy bird. lol.
started making music with milkytracker

Hello folks! Found this forum when googling for djtransformer.com big_smile
I am Rebb and have been composing since early 90's in many demogroups (TRSi,Paradise,Coma,Amaze to name a few).
I started with own cooked software on Memotech to Protracker on Amiga and after many years to Renoise on Mac. Also done tunes on C64,Atari,Gameboy and about anything that makes a bleep. Today i work as audio programmer in game engine company and compose tunes as hobby.

You can check my tunes at soundcoud: https://soundcloud.com/rebb
There is also non chip stuff!

Just bought usb cartidge to Game Boy to start composing with LSDJ again. Let's see where it goes this time...

Toronto

I'm Josh, from Canada. I do a lot of fun artistic things, and chiptunes is one of them. Also among them is tabla (indian percussion), CG graphics design and 6502 assembly. Nice to meet you all. I posted my first track it's under music. Cheers.

Lleida (Spain)

Hi people!
I'm glad to be Member of CHIPMUSIC.org.
I hope to bring and recieve new knowledge here.

:-)

SLC

Sup. I'm nervous in the service!

Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Welcome VCR5 (Joe).  We really need to set up a show together.  I think we technically played Craft Lake City together once, but we should set something up for real.  By-the-way this is Joshua from Conquer Monster.

Salt Lake City, UT, USA

I got so excited about VCR5 I double posted!

Last edited by dustfilledhobo (Oct 28, 2015 3:50 pm)

Bonn, Germany

Hey guys, I'm havocCc from Germany and I create Chiptune music since 2011.
Actually I only got into Chiptune by accident. There's a German Youtuber called coldmirror who happened to make a FAQ video and one of the answers to the question what music she likes was Chiptune. I immediately searched for Chiptune on Youtube since I never heard about this kind of music before and I still remember the very first Chiptune song I listened to:

8-Bit Soldier - Capture This

From this moment I was instantly hooked with this music and started listening to it on a daily basis and eventually ended up producing it myself.

You can find my stuff here:

soundcloud.com/havoccc
havoccc.bandcamp.com

Non-Chiptune related blog: lucidhavoc.tumblr.com

Fun Fact: The name "havocCc" is actually connected to my real name. In the X-Men comics from Marvel there's a mutant called Havok, whos real name is Alex Summers. My real name is Alex Sommer (german for summer). The "cCc" is because the name was already taken with 1 and 2 C's on soundcloud big_smile

Peace and Love to all of you heart

Hi guys im Spud also from germany like the guy above. I used to be shouter in a fakebit band and decided to go with the actual hardware for my next project since it's much more reliable on live gigs than laptops. Anyways i got so hooked up on the modding that i barely find time to actually write music. During my soldering sessions when i looked up certain things, i nearly always stumbled over this forum so i decided to sign up for it. smile

perth, WA

welcome, friends!

Hi, my name is Rod. I've been interested in chiptune for about 5 years now, and I am planning on including aspects of it in my new music. I have played around with stuff before, but I've decided to get serious now about learning how to do everything.

cambridge uk

hello. been usig the korg DS-10 since 2011, which was my 1stt venture into music making. used to dwell on the ds-10 forum but thats died.
lacation: cambridgeshire uk
SC: https://soundcloud.com/soundd-1
BC: https://lepidopterist.bandcamp.com/albu … es-2011-12  - this album is mostly DS10
YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/telecomboring

im not that into bleepy video game music, but i alway like to see when people use funny little bits of technology in creative ways smile
had a bit of a hiatus last couple of years, want to get back into it..

Adelaide

hey everyone smile I'm mint from australia. I'm more of a huge fan than a producer myself, although i did try once or twice (and i'll probably keep trying).

In fact, I'm really into design and VJ and demoscene, I make stuff like this and this. I get the impression there's some overlap between all these cultures and 8bit.
I spend a lot of my free time messing around with design, making these visualizations; I also started a channel just for fun, as it combines some of these interests. I like to put chip songs on there that appeal to me, particularly if they're kind of unusual (eg Within). To that end, I'm trying to get myself more involved in the community at the moment, so hello smile I'd like to meet you!