7. Trent Hawkins - Magic Realm 10:08
8. DJ Hollow Life - Slow Wubby J 26:14
9. Teledildonix - Give In To Play 01:05:02
10. Infradead - Stage Seven Unmitigated Force 19:09
11. Environmental Sound Collapse - Disintegrated 33:59
12. Tom Foolery and the Family Jewellery - nanoloop lomg 45:16
13. ModernChair - alnlgugtque 12:05
14. Amsler Grid - Venlafaxine 18:24

Plus a special super secret bonus track from the one and only atomsmasha (trust me it's a banger)

Total running time: 6 hours, 3 minutes, 57 seconds. Phew!

Thanks to everyone who contributed; every submission is on this compilation with the exception of BoRaX's track, only because I couldn't access the link and I couldn't contact them via email. If you're out there BoRaX, get in contact, I want to hear your track!

DESCRIPTION

Let's make some long nanoloop tracks!

This is a compilation for those who either can't write tracks short enough to be considered for the usual chiptune compilations, or for those who usually write short tracks and want to experiment a little. Basically anyone who wants to write long-form tracks big_smile

GUIDELINES

I've made these a little more strict than I first intended, but consider it a challenge to get creative.

- Any version of Nanoloop is allowed (including multiple copies of same/different versions). This includes the iOS/Android versions, but to even the playing field, please avoid using external samples.
- MINIMUM length of 10 minutes. No maximum.
- ANY genre is fine, but a minimalist/repetitive version of chosen genre is encouraged.
- Submitted tracks must have some consistency throughout the compostion. Tracks with multiple sections are great, but try to avoid a "megamix" of clearly very different pieces. This isn't a collection of EPs.
- NO external effects or sound generators, with the exception of using EQ/compression. Please note that I may get these tracks lightly mastered/limited just to get volume levels consistent.
- External clock signals are permitted, ONLY to control speed of sequencer.
- Editing after recording is permitted.
- Collaborations are permitted and encouraged.

Last edited by pselodux (Dec 7, 2017 8:45 am)

I express interest.

NorthTtrrrway

+1 interest

Melbourne
the mist toggles wrote:

+1 interest

this excites me greatly

IL, US

though it's redundant since i was the first to reply on facebook, i'm down

Melbourne

awesome, got some good names for this already!

Tacoma WA

makes me wish i still had my copy of nanovoice

i'd love to do something with nanoloop mono.

IL, US
infradead wrote:

and i was just wondering a while back if you still had that, because i'm always curious on some level as to who currently has gear that i've gotten rid of over the years

Tacoma WA
e.s.c. wrote:
infradead wrote:

and i was just wondering a while back if you still had that, because i'm always curious on some level as to who currently has gear that i've gotten rid of over the years

i talk to the dude who bought it everyonce in awhile and i've told him if he ever wants to get rid of it i'll buy it back.

Sounds like a great idea! I think strict rules are interesting.

Cool! I'd be happy to participate and start composing once the guidlines are all set wink

Tacoma WA

what effects are ok?  reverb i hope. maybe a delay?

Easton, PA, USA

+1

São Paulo, Brazil

+1.
10min.+ track is my jam.

Melbourne
infradead wrote:

what effects are ok?  reverb i hope. maybe a delay?

I'm considering making it strictly no effects so people can try to get interesting with sound design. Delay can be easily faked in nanoloop; reverb is a bit more difficult but I've heard it done before.

NorthTtrrrway

an easy rule to follow is to keep the recording raw: no effects, no compression, no EQ, no additional gear.

NL -> REC

16/44k wav?