Boise, ID

+1 for I don't think I'd put a song in to it but I'd sure as heck listen to it

Hrm... I agree that effects should not be allowed - but I would argue that EQ/slight limiting or compression is not an 'effect' per se. (albeit can of course be used as one, if "abused")

There is not really any point in disallowing the use of EQs, this is something you would use on any instrument or recording really. It does not (necessarily) alter the sound in the same way as a reverb or delay does, but can be used to improve and bring out details that were there originally.

I mean - let's be real - the sound is coming from a GBA/GB/etc. Some EQ is needed. big_smile

Last edited by _-_- (Jul 31, 2017 1:08 pm)

EQing is not an effect.  Go about your regularly scheduled chiptune business.

Cambridge, UK

i would do this on the iOS app for sure, been using it way too long and have some kind of flowing mixes that would work well.

São Paulo, Brazil

may one record on tape?

Melbourne
_-_- wrote:

Hrm... I agree that effects should not be allowed - but I would argue that EQ/slight limiting or compression is not an 'effect' per se. (albeit can of course be used as one, if "abused")

There is not really any point in disallowing the use of EQs, this is something you would use on any instrument or recording really. It does not (necessarily) alter the sound in the same way as a reverb or delay does, but can be used to improve and bring out details that were there originally.

I mean - let's be real - the sound is coming from a GBA/GB/etc. Some EQ is needed. big_smile

yup, EQ/limiting/compression is fine. Let's keep it raw though, no verbs or delays, and no distortion other than natural nl2 overdrive big_smile

PULSELOOPER wrote:

may one record on tape?

sure!

Melbourne

First post updated. Let's go!!

NorthTtrrrway

sounds very inspiring. thanks for the motivation!

pselodux wrote:

First post updated. Let's go!!

I'm definately trying this.

NorthTtrrrway

submitted: nanoloop mono synced to nanovoice. raw.

São Paulo, Brazil
the mist toggles wrote:

submitted: nanoloop mono synced to nanovoice. raw.

NOW IT'S ON

Melbourne

oh shiiiiiit

Tacoma WA

submitted nanoloop mono clocked with my modular so i could get slow enough speeds to for the envelops to full play out.

The Forest, WA

I normally make really long nanoloop tracks/ideas so this should be fun to do something without reverb or drum machine for a bit smile

Melbourne

We're at the halfway point! Got some good stuff so far. How is everyone going with their tracks?

trucking along