NorthTtrrrway

very curious about this collab release.
when do you estimate it to happen?

Melbourne

Yeah, sorry everyone, it's taken me much longer than expected. Life getting in the way etc.

I have a pretty solid track list so it's just a matter of mastering it, which, for a compilation of almost 6 hours, is pretty daunting!

In the meantime, if anyone has any compilation name or artwork suggestions, post them in this thread; for the first time ever I'm struggling to think of something!

settle

I'll throw out a name suggestion:

Since these are all Nanoloop songs, but definitely not "nano" in length, how about "MILLILOOP"? Or some other unit prefix big_smile

IL, US

i could try putting together some ideas for artwork (without any of the text since that's TBD still). no worries on the mastering taking a while, that's no surprise when there's so much audio. probably fair if you just do mild compression and normalizing since the odds of really getting levels to be similar all the way through are pretty low

IL, US
djhaka wrote:

I'll throw out a name suggestion:

Since these are all Nanoloop songs, but definitely not "nano" in length, how about "MILLILOOP"? Or some other unit prefix big_smile

but "milli" means one-one-thousandth. if anything, this would be "kiloloop" or "megaloop", but neither sounds good really

Melbourne

I decided to just do a quick master, as suggested.. so it's done! Check the first post in the thread for details!

Thornhill, Scotland

Man, this album is dope.

Been gradually feeling my way around Nanoloop Mono over the last couple of weeks, trying to coax out odd sounds.
I was wondering if folks were using NL to make experimental work and then (as if by magic) a whole album is delivered.
I see it's been brewing for a while, looks like I picked the perfect time to check in.

Super inspiring.

I had a very brief skim listen to this today, some very nice tracks on it, I look forward to having a proper listen when time permits, but in the meantime congratulations to all involved, great stuff heart

Germany

I really love this release - perfect

Niiice
6 hours.....
I just listened a few parts as a tease and cannot wait to listen it on a row with my phones

nice work everyone cheerz

specially track 15 you have to put it on repeat so xellent

bravo bravo

I'm still trying to guess witch versions of NL are used
I recognized NL One
I hope some artists there are using NL 2 cuz there are some nice sounds I've never imagined in nl one (I'll have to test NL two some day) 
maybe some nl mono

okay let's go back for better listening

IL, US

my track is nanoloop 1.3 + 2x nanoloop 2.3

Thornhill, Scotland

Ah! Great to read. I had wondered if there might be info on versions of NL folk had used for individual tracks.

Thornhill, Scotland

Just realised there are references to versions used in earlier posts.

Paris, France

I can only say... WOW! What an astonishing work!

Huge respect to pselodux for this great initiative and putting it all together!
I've already listened through it once and I can't wait to have some more time to get absorbed by these amazing tracks on some good speakers!
Christmas vacation is gonna be great for that!

Once again, thanks to everyone that participated to make this release and I'm proud to be a part of this compilation with all of you talented musicians!
Have a great Sunday!

/Scanian Wolf

Last edited by ScanianWolf (Dec 10, 2017 9:29 pm)

Melbourne

Thanks everyone! This ended up being even better than I expected. I'll put the word out for a new comp early next year; I'm thinking hybrid (ie. nanoloop + other devices). I also had an idea for something more along the lines of minimalist composition / "nanoloop ensemble" though so maybe we can give that a go big_smile

janza_slope wrote:

Ah! Great to read. I had wondered if there might be info on versions of NL folk had used for individual tracks.

Yeah, a few people included text files detailing the version of nanoloop used, but I decided against including it with the release because most of the submissions didn't include this information (my fault; I should have asked for this in the submission form).

Thornhill, Scotland
pselodux wrote:

Thanks everyone! This ended up being even better than I expected. I'll put the word out for a new comp early next year; I'm thinking hybrid (ie. nanoloop + other devices). I also had an idea for something more along the lines of minimalist composition / "nanoloop ensemble" though so maybe we can give that a go big_smile

janza_slope wrote:

Yeah, a few people included text files detailing the version of nanoloop used, but I decided against including it with the release because most of the submissions didn't include this information (my fault; I should have asked for this in the submission form).

It's probs a good thing, great to know what can be achieved but I guess it's nice to preserve the mystery!
Insomnia has its advantages - been re-listening over the last few nights, great compilation, great work all round.