Washington DC

This is slowly becoming the best thread ever.

Just so I dont make a silly purchase (which it isnt)
But this will work on PAL as well right?

New York City
low-gain wrote:

*cough* Blip 2008 DVD *cough*

Why is this not on Blu-Ray? I HAVE A BLU-RAY PLAYER!
Why does this not come on a tin box can? I AM A COLLECTOR!
Why did you make it so expensive? I CAN ONLY PAY 10 DOLLARS
When are you releasing the Blip Festival Tokyo 2010 DVD? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is this not SECAM? JE SUIS FRANÇAISE!!!!
Why no DIGITAL BETAMAX VERSION???????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited by akira^8GB (Aug 13, 2010 2:45 pm)

Philly/NY
akira^8GB wrote:
low-gain wrote:

*cough* Blip 2008 DVD *cough*

Why is this not on Blu-Ray? I HAVE A BLU-RAY PLAYER!
Why does this not come on a tin box can? I AM A COLLECTOR!
Why did you make it so expensive? I CAN ONLY PAY 10 DOLLARS
When are you releasing the Blip Festival Tokyo 2010 DVD? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is this not SECAM? JE SUIS FRANÇAISE!!!!
Why no DIGITAL BETAMAX VERSION???????????????????????????????????????????????

Reformat the Planet laserdisc, plz

Washington DC

Why no DS port?

enso wrote:

Dude. 2012. Don't you read?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/refo … laserdisc/

New York City
2PlayerProductions wrote:
enso wrote:

Dude. 2012. Don't you read?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/refo … laserdisc/

Nicely played.

Flopps wrote:

Someone else can jump in if my assumption is inaccurate but don't most modern DVD players sold in PAL countries play both PAL and NTSC discs nowadays? The product is All Region, NTSC so I'm pretty sure you should be alright. I'd be interested to hear from others in PAL-standard countries first. Guys? What say you?

New York City
2PlayerProductions wrote:
Flopps wrote:

Someone else can jump in if my assumption is inaccurate but don't most modern DVD players sold in PAL countries play both PAL and NTSC discs nowadays? The product is All Region, NTSC so I'm pretty sure you should be alright. I'd be interested to hear from others in PAL-standard countries first. Guys? What say you?

Sure, but some TVs do not display both systems.
For example, even though an american DVD player can read and play PAL DVDs, finding a dual-norm television set in USA is an adventure in itself.
Then again, most european TV sets sync to both 50 and 60 Hz so it should be OK in Europe.

problem solved.

Bristol

just to add, I got the Blip 2006 dvd and it works fine on my Pal set DVD drive, and me ps2 and 3.. its just your TV set that could struggle with it really

Wheeling, WV

I don't think people quite understood my criticism.

$15 for the DVD is an amazingly sweet deal.

$19 for the shirt alone is somewhat understandable.

$19 for the pins and poster is honestly ridiculous, and as much as I would like them, that's just not going to happen. Promo gear and, in your own words, "extras" shouldn't cost more than the item itself. I just don't understand that.

The Blip Fest DVDs are the ONLY instance in which one saves money, but in order to get that deal, you have to buy other stuff that, to many, are overpriced.

It's the idea that these "bundles" aren't bundles as I would describe them at all. It's essentially paying for four separate purchases. That's not how bundles are supposed to work.

Here's an example. Go to Matador's store and search "Mission of Burma." You'll see the three "Definitive Collection" LPs for $24 each, BUT if you get the bundle, you can have all three for $50. That's a bundle.

This is just buying more things at actual price because to get something you want, you really have no choice.

Last edited by hotmessization (Aug 13, 2010 7:58 pm)

Geneva, NY
hotmessization wrote:

I don't think people quite understood my criticism.

$15 for the DVD is an amazingly sweet deal.

$19 for the shirt alone is somewhat understandable.

$19 for the pins and poster is honestly ridiculous, and as much as I would like them, that's just not going to happen. Promo gear and, in your own words, "extras" shouldn't cost more than the item itself. I just don't understand that.

The Blip Fest DVDs are the ONLY instance in which one saves money, but in order to get that deal, you have to buy other stuff that, to many, are overpriced.

It's the idea that these "bundles" aren't bundles as I would describe them at all. It's essentially paying for four separate purchases. That's not how bundles are supposed to work.

Here's an example. Go to Matador's store and search "Mission of Burma." You'll see the three "Definitive Collection" LPs for $24 each, BUT if you get the bundle, you can have all three for $50. That's a bundle.

This is just buying more things at actual price because to get something you want, you really have no choice.

Why the fuck are you even complaining?  Last I checked, this is a free market system and if price outweighs demand, shit won't sell and the prices will be forced down.  I'm so fucking sick of this bitching.

Scotland

In terms of NTSC working on PAL machines - if your TV is less than 10 years old it will most likely can run NTSC DVDs.
PCs, 'AnyDVD' is available for multi-region.
MacBooks can't play NTSC. I've yet to here of a way around it. It's one of my two hates towards the machine. (The second being it can't be mini-cds. They just float about and don't play, and can't be removed!)

Brooklyn NY US

Re: bundles: what petty quibbling. Buy what you like in accordance with the combination of your finances and enthusiasm, at whatever levels those may be. Not everything's a la carte. Sometimes to get the power steering & air conditioning you gotta buy the car.

New York, New York

My enthusiasm for RP DVD is at 40.15 including shipping. Anyone could have sold them to me for 40.15 in a unmarked white cardboard sleeve. The shirt is just a thank-you to me for supporting 2PP, in my opinion.