Edinburgh
Beware wrote:

Certainly not!  No judging process will take place until all the entries have been received!  I had simply forgotten you and someone else submitted one already. XD I haven't replied to your emails or PMs because I felt your questions were much better answered in the thread since I didn't want to have to reply to a dozen PMs/emails asking the same questions. wink

No problem. Good to hear from you. smile

Tacoma, WA

Hmmm....I'm not sure if I'll have anything by a deadline, but i've always tossed an idea in my head of what a guitar version of "Hey Kate" from Sabrepulse would sound like.  This might make me get off my butt and find out for sure. 

Due to speed constraints on my fingers, it's not going to be a perfect refelection, but it will definitely be recognizable

Keep in mind, it does not have to be a straight cover.  Creativity is absolutely encouraged and a big focus is going to be on the creativity of the arrangement, moreso than accuracy.

Tacoma, WA
Beware wrote:

Keep in mind, it does not have to be a straight cover.  Creativity is absolutely encouraged and a big focus is going to be on the creativity of the arrangement, moreso than accuracy.

Great!  Because I just tried to pick out some of the notes on the track...and realized why I'm not a metal musician tongue

Massachusetts, USA

Any updates?  Do you need more tracks?

Definitely need more tracks.  I still only have two... =[

Columbus, OH

Was there a deadline?  I don't see one.  Also, are we allowed to add reverb in when we mix?

Columbus, OH
ant1 wrote:
Jophish wrote:

Hmmm. This looks like a REALLY cool idea. I may try my hand at this. This is definitely a challenge, though.

EDIT: Question. What if we don't "own", or have access to an acoustic piano? Can we use sample based VSTs? Not crappy ones that sound like shit, but nice ones that sound real.

Make some sheet music and post it here, maybe some kind chipmusic.org pianist will play it for you. smile

I might be willing to take stab, if you got some musics or some changes or anything at all.

raichu wrote:

Was there a deadline?  I don't see one.  Also, are we allowed to add reverb in when we mix?

You can NOT add artificial reverb.  The only reverb would be allowed if you recorded it in a large room and let the space of the room add the reverb naturally.  There is also no deadline because too many people have shown interest with only 2 actually submitting anything.  If it helps motivate people, I can set a deadline, but as of now it's open-ended.

TSSBAY01

i'd submit a mauer remix but it sounds like you guys are pretty strict with the rules on this. if you want one get in touch with me on irc

Melbourne

I will be doing an acoustic interpretation of "Circles" by little-scale and Poppi Doser from Antia.
I hope this comp is still going smile