A gray world of dread

I edited my post with my suggestions, but you guys are too fast (or my copy-pasting too slow) tongue

Akira: That would be BY-NC-ND. As the author you have the right to override license restrictions if you wish.

Last edited by µB (Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm)

Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

II would like to be able to select licenses.
Usually, I do not want to allow right off the bat the creation of derived work (remix). Any derived work should be only done with my previous auth. It would be really col for this to be added.

Did you NOT look at the screen shots? You can select a license. And the one your referring to would be BY-NC-ND i guess

Los Angeles
µB wrote:

Well, that would still leave out the option to demand that derivative works must have attribution and must be released under the same license. I think it's ok if you include attribution with share-alike, those two usually go together.

Edit: So my suggestion for license options would be:
BY-NC
BY-NC-SA
BY-NC-ND

This sounds good. though isnt BY-NC useless with the 2 other options?

Los Angeles

Also note by AT i meant BY (give attribution)

Los Angeles

Ok i think you win. though with the first option http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/ they can then give another license out stating it can be for commercial purposes? thats kinda lame

A gray world of dread

Yep, with BY-NC you allow that remixes may be released under a different license, as long as the derivate itself is not used commercially.

Edit: This includes other licenses than CC, if I remember correctly

My suggestion is to make BY-NC-SA the default.

Last edited by µB (Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm)

Tacoma WA
Flopps wrote:

looks fancy

its pretty damn nifty

New York City
trash80 wrote:

Did you NOT look at the screen shots? You can select a license. And the one your referring to would be BY-NC-ND i guess

Your reply to ant1 confused me. He asked if he could choose other licenses and you said NO.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 18, 2010 12:00 am)

Los Angeles

I did? hehe

Melbourne, Australia

I just might love you.

Los Angeles

Look here.

Abandoned on Fire
trash80 wrote:

Look here.

That looks pretty great.  I'd like to suggest that all the choices be unchecked by default so you have to actively choose to allow comments, thumbs, etc.

Tokyo, Japan

I am a big CC fan but I thought I might throw this out there, are we going to force all uploaders to use CC?

Also, some interesting conversation about the NC license has happened recently.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Defining_Noncommercial

And a great Article by Peter Kirn (related to images though)

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/12/3 … lp-wanted/

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jan 18, 2010 2:54 am)

Tacoma WA
egr wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Look here.

That looks pretty great.  I'd like to suggest that all the choices be unchecked by default so you have to actively choose to allow comments, thumbs, etc.

i like how they're checked. 

i like getting comments and think that people should be able to comment on each others work.

if you don't want comments you should have to remember to uncheck them.

A gray world of dread

Yay for putting things into the hand of the user, that's perfect. Sweet.

New York City

Pure sugary coated sweetness.