Brazil

Since my bleepbloop cart died (and I fried it, no questions please), and I have a dingoo, I will wait for the super magical new cart until I buy anything gameboy related. If it uses SD cards then I will be a happy man!

Zef wrote:

I love my EMS 64M cart so far, there was a bit of sav corruption once, but I had everything backed up so it was a non issue. The only problem I've had it getting the drivers to work on my Win7 64, the last time I tried putting it into test-mode like they tell you to my system screwed up and had to system restore. A little discouraging, I wish the licensed drivers would come out soon, I haven't tried again since, so  I haven't been able to connect it to my PC lately.

I had this same problem, but spent an entire evening troubleshooting and changing my options and finally got it to work. Walked through the troubleshooter many a times. Unfortunately I don't remember how to do it. sad But keep plucking at it.

Milwaukee, WI
nitro2k01 wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

On the Everdrive support forums Krikzz said he was going to do a GB Everdrive.  After the Game Gear and Master System ones are finished, I think we can expect one.  He sounded really excited about it!

Don't forget this! smile
I talked directly to him, and this indeed seems to be true. There are some joyous times ahead!

Theta_Frost wrote:

AFAIK aren't Smartboy Carts the same design by the Polish IT students?  Doesn't that make them just a morally unacceptable?  That is if you prefer them over bleep bloop just because smart boy has no Jose.  Just saying you can't hate on bleep bloop and not hate on smart boy.

If you just look at the carts, you're absolutely right. But there's a bunch of other circumstances speaking for Jose's disadvantage. And you could argue that you should have higher expectations of the owner of 8bc than on some guy in the middle of nowhere in China. And also, Smartboy only ever produced small quantities of cartridges and they fucked up their distribution, so that problem sort of solved itself.

Cool, some of that stuff needed to be cleared up.  There has been way to many misconceptions about the designs of those two.  I'm excited for EverGB!  I have a feeling it will be overkill for just LSDJ but the quality is sure to be top notch.  The abrasive cart looks like it will be  awesome too.  I'm thinking EverGB for single DMG stuff, and abrasive's carts for when I'm using multiple GB's.  The future is bright!

SYDNERDIA

Sheeit, I wasn't even going to announce this until it was almost finished...
I should pop an update up on the site, the hardware's basically cooked now. There's still a lot of work to do on the drag'n'drop core.

Confirmed features:
USB drag and drop - no drivers needed.
Non-volatile MRAM for saves.
Drag'n'drop firmware updates.

There are some maybe-perhaps others, but I'm more interested in delivering core features that work well than in being "feature-rich".

SYDNERDIA
Awol wrote:

And who's making that new cart? Is he Australian? I noticed that the motherboard says "DO A HEAPS CART"! tongue

Ten points to the man in the monkey suit.

Philly, PA, USA

That's awesome! do you have a guess for the price range of these devices, and any kind of time frame?

Whitley Bay, England

Lolwut at crazy bad press for EMS 64m carts ._.
I've had mine for over a year now, and never had any problem with it at all.
I found the bank switching great - got some game soundtracks and a couple games on page 2 - and that it never interfered with LSDJ on page 1 (I do find however that after booting some roms, the song stored in SRAM is replaced with 00's. Reloading it works absolutely fine, so just save your song when you're done. Which I always do anyway...)
Never had any trouble with it on multiple DMGs, GBCs and my SP. Nothing wrong at all!
No data loss, and never had any trouble flashing it and stuff.

Don't see much reason to not get one, cause they're super cheap.

Abrasive's cart looks fucking sick though. Can't wait for that!

Melbourne, Australia
pixls wrote:

That's awesome! do you have a guess for the price range of these devices, and any kind of time frame?

No. Again, this wasn't even supposed to be announced yet... The reason we didn't announce it is because we wanted to avoid these sort of questions. There is no time frame, when it's done it's done. There is no cost estimate that we are willing to commit to at this point.

User testing hasn't even commensed yet and the boards aren't populated. The first you will hear anything more about this project is when it comes to market.

End. Of. Story. We'll have updates for you... on the XX/XX/20XX

hardcore, Australia

89 years to finish development.

In attempting to finish this post with a joke i wrote and deleted
a derris-kharlan joke
a joke about saving money until then
another derris-kharlan joke
something about jose
a third derris-kharlan joke
an extra derris-kharlan joke
a bad derris-kharlan joke
a post of "SKULLS"

basically, australia is king of chip.

California
godinpants wrote:

basically, australia is king of chip.

this.

Philly, PA, USA
celsius wrote:
pixls wrote:

No. Again, this wasn't even supposed to be announced yet... The reason we didn't announce it is because we wanted to avoid these sort of questions. There is no time frame, when it's done it's done. There is no cost estimate that we are willing to commit to at this point.

User testing hasn't even commensed yet and the boards aren't populated. The first you will hear anything more about this project is when it comes to market.

End. Of. Story. We'll have updates for you... on the XX/XX/20XX

awesome! so excite!

Sweeeeeeden

http://www.robotdungeon.com/ElectronicP … rCart.html

Just found this one. I've sent him a mail. Let's see if he responds...

California
nitro2k01 wrote:

last update is in 2009 sad

matt's mind
Rei Yano wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

on that section of the site....

he seems to have maintained his robotics and updated their page recently, and maybe just dropped the cart project.  (or hopefully finished and just forgot to post it big_smile )

California

yeah I would seriously love to have a cart with an SD card slot man.

Rei Yano wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

it seems kinda silly to have gone through all of that then ditch it at the very end... then again he might have reached a road block he couldnt get passed.

i would love an SD card GB cart!