@Cheapshot

Thanks, I actually lurk the forums over at TIG, but I've never bothered to sign up, I might give it a shot. Thanks again! :]

@Smendrick

Thanks for the input! I like the yellow too, reminds me of gold. :3

I actually already have fluidvolt in as the musician, but maybe you guys could do some collabs? I'm not sure, but I don't feel right saying "no you can't help" haha! Shoot him a PM if you want to! big_smile

Thanks again everyone!

Neo Jersey

lol i love the super deformed looking characters

Nah man, those are just some defaults I put in there.

The official character is right heeeeere:

Awesome walk cycle is awesome. First attempt at one of these things.

///on an off-topic note, has 8bc not been working for anyone else the past couple days?? >_<

'Cause 'Down for everyone or just me' is saying that it's working... D:

Last edited by someonesomewhere (Feb 10, 2011 12:20 am)

Lookin' good wink .

London
someonesomewhere wrote:

Nah man, those are just some defaults I put in there.

The official character is right heeeeere:

Awesome walk cycle is awesome. First attempt at one of these things.

///on an off-topic note, has 8bc not been working for anyone else the past couple days?? >_<

'Cause 'Down for everyone or just me' is saying that it's working... D:

Yeah 8bc has been down for a while, heard it might be up soon.
Game looks fantastic, can't wait to play!

fluidvolt wrote:

Lookin' good wink .

There he is!!!! big_smile

@pyEss

Oh, good, I thought it was just me! ;D thanks for the nice words too! :]

Bump.

First character test. Walk animation/being modified, adding jump/fall animations.

Link: testestestest

Tokyo, Japan

cute stuff mate. He kinda runs like he has got a limp. Was that your intention?

New Zealand

that superbrother style is so hot

This looks really great! How close are you to finishing? I can't wait to play! smile

cheapshot wrote:

cute stuff mate. He kinda runs like he has got a limp. Was that your intention?

A ton of people have been mentioning that, and no, it wasn't my intention. But that's what I meant when I said I am modifying the walk.

Thanks Hemisphere and Zizma! I'm not anywhere close to finishing. Althoughhhhh, once I finish 10 levels, I am releasing a public beta. So keep your ears and eyes open for that! big_smile

Great! That's awesome. I really love the graphics. Will the beta be on a personal site?

Nah, I wish I had my own site. I might make one soon though. I just don't wanna pay for it, because I don't make an income.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

@someonesomewhere
if yer coding this in flash with little game dev experience, might i suggest flixel.
it's a great flash game engine that's designed for pixel games. might help give yew some code ideas
at the least ;D

and i dont know what yer using to do the code. but if yer cheap, flashdevelop is
and awesome free flash compiler with all kinds of great code hinting. it flushes out the API code for
yew, so it's easier to learn.

one flash dev thing i will suggest. use embed .png files whenever you can. flash handles them the fastest,
especially when your animating stuff.

Last edited by xero (Feb 25, 2011 2:40 pm)

Hey xero, thanks for allllll the tips, but I'm just simply doing the artwork! big_smile

And yep, I know about the .png stuffs. I don't do pixel art in any other format anyways.

Thanks though! :]

Bump.

I have an extra artist working with me, he's doing most of the landscaping. Collaboration:

We're experimenting with textures.