Moncton, Canada

the theme just isn't popular, no matter how you try to describe writing in reverse

USA

I tried to do this, but I stopped before I started in accordance with the theme.

Madison, Alabama
Kommisar wrote:

the theme just isn't popular, no matter how you try to describe writing in reverse

I don't really follow song structures anyway.  I just let the song go where it wants, so this challenge was almost too abstract for me.  I thought about it, but couldn't muster up any inspiration.  This was less of a technical challenge to me and more like a academic one or something, haha.  Like, "figure out what conventional structure to follow and do it backwards."

Plus, I was on a farm all weekend away from my computer...

I am still interested in future challenges, though.  I definitely like the ones that impose technical constraints though (like the only 16th note challenge).

Rhode Island

Ive been building things and fixing up stuff around the house. I will try and get something out for the next one.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Both comps will start again this coming monday.  BE PREARED.

Sorry I've been slacking a bit...game development is going GREAT though.  I'll let you guys know when I set up screenshots/video/website.  It's going to knock your socks off!

Madison, Alabama
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Both comps will start again this coming monday.  BE PREARED.

Sorry I've been slacking a bit...game development is going GREAT though.  I'll let you guys know when I set up screenshots/video/website.  It's going to knock your socks off!

Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!  Teaser screenshots!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

First teaser.  8-Bit Survival Horror Platformer.  Game title still secret.  This image is from the prototype.  Final game is more detailed and overall just looks even better than this...plus this screen doesn't give away any of the amazing mechanics ;D

Teaser screens and videos as well as full disclosure of the game's mechanics, storyline and game modes will go out when alpha testing begins wink  I assure you...the mechanics are fresh and original, the meticulous attention to detail will entertain you to the point where even the simple mechanics you'll want to do over and over even if for no reason other than it looks, feels and sounds fun as hell.  The aspects of the story, alerts and small tutorials are all kept IN GAME without breaking from the story or backing out to a different screen.  Boss fights are clever, scary moments are SCARY and tense moments will get you pumped as ever as you try to survive in some of the more fast-paced sections. 

Plus there's a fuckton of unlockables.....

We are currently working on lighting and particle effects. The concept, story, artwork/sprites and music (duh) are my brainchildren while my bud has the daunting task of coding in a language he's only somewhat familiar with.  Couldn't do it without him.

Madison, Alabama

Wow!  I really like the art style.  It looks like it has an almost painting or hand-made like feel.  Or something.

Is that a robot?!?

Let me know if you need an alpha tester!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Trust me. The people around here will be the first to test.

And yes that's a robot. He's gone through a design change though since then. If you like the art in this you won't be disappoint with the final version. The amount of original sprites and other artwork are staggering.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jul 6, 2011 5:48 pm)

Madison, Alabama

I'm intrigued.  I'm a nut for indie games.

Oh my god Rex, I HAVE TO ALPHA TEST THIS.

Madison, Alabama

Hey guys, the challenge has been a bit slow lately.  sad

I started a collaboration group over at noise channel and started a different sort of collaboration.  I think some of you might be interested in it.  It's kind of silly...

http://www.noisechannel.org/groups/coll … the-chain/

Moncton, Canada

anything that gets me composin'. this is a sweet idear