Chicago IL
Jredd wrote:

Rest assured better things are coming, and I will be very active making tunes with this.

awesome, i was worried i was going to lose some sleep over your future VGMMM output

Actually I was saying that because for a time not many people were as active with TFM. So, it was more like reassuring shiru that I will attempt to make good use of this tool and I am sure many others feel the same way smile. Also, if that's sarcasm Saskrotch I'll easily brush it aside because I am too excited about this program to care smile. If not, my humble apologies. I'll try my best to not let your enthusiasm be in vain tongue

Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I've got some music to write big_smile.

killadelphia

VGM Music Maker = Life Changing.  So fucking good!

Is there any where i can post feature requests or anything?  It would be nice if when you used a tracker command (like changing the TL of an operator i.e. C1C), the knob actually changed or animated in the instrument window.  Perhaps you could put a reset button on there so the patches go back to default after you've played the tune and used some tracker commands (and the knobs get messed up from animation).  Or maybe when playback stops the knobs just go back to default or something.

I find myself using the crap out of the effects column and stuff gets hard to keep track of.

Shiru - can't say enough kind words about this project~!

Russia, Moscow

You can post feature requests here, but please consider this:

The docs wrote:

Other important decision is to minimize amount of efforts needed to make the project. .. Thus, no major changes from TFM Music Maker interface and code will be made, other than ones that are really needed to support the additional sound capabilities.

So, regarding the knobs updating according to effects, sorry, this would be too much work (requires major changes in instrument editor code).

Last edited by Shiru (Jul 5, 2011 6:58 pm)

Lost In The Silver Box
boomlinde wrote:

Completed my first song! http://mixtape.be/stuff/trinitronsunset.vge

Very very nice man.

I recently completed my first VGM-MM track, produced with Jredd. I've been wanting to work with him on some music for a few years now but we both often use totally different software.

http://chipmusic.org/groovemaster303/mu … feat-jredd

Russia, Moscow

Download VGM Music Maker v1.02

The docs wrote:

1.02 08.07.11

* Help item disappeared from the About menu after a module or an instrument has been opened
* VGM output is improved and optimized, also fixed bugs with exporting modules with large amount of sample data
+ Built-in VGM optimization code from VGMTools by Valley Bell
* Saved VGE files were too big, had 32K of empty data added by a mistake
* PSG envelope now is reset on every new note, previous FM-like behaviour didn't allowed to use instruments with slow attack in a predictable way
* Effects above F were displayed incorrectly in previous/next patterns
* Resampling had problems with large samples with 32000 Hz samplerate
* DAC and FM desync by a frame in the VGM exporter is fixed
* Detune parameter of a wrong PSG instrument has been used
* Unsupported WAV files were blocked until the editor closed
* Some clicks in the end of samples are removed
* Default volume is lowered a bit to prevent clipping
* SMPS instruments import is fixed
+ Automatic horizontal scroll in the pattern editor for cursor movements
+ Now detune for PSG is audible in the instrument editor
* Periodic noise was detuned because of wrong emulated PSG settings
+ Adjustable pitch for samples
+ Testing samples with Space key

Sweden

Great! I had just noticed about the FM/DAC desync. The adjustable sample pitch should come really handy.

Slovakia / European Union

We have now FB url: www.facebook.com/vgmmusicmaker

Brazil

This is awesome, that's the sound of my youth.

San Francisco

so teh sex shiru.

Lost In The Silver Box

My latest VGM-MM track.

http://chipmusic.org/groovemaster303/mu … usic-maker

Very nice Groovemaster303.

My turn!

http://chipmusic.org/jredd/music/legend … ver-dragon

Philadelphia, PA

Shiru:

Any plans to support SMS's simpler YM2413?  As far as I know XPMCK is the only tool to support its use.

Cheers yet again. smile

Chicago IL

i did this today for an OHB http://chipmusic.org/saskrotch/music/ne … -ohb-entry

Russia, Moscow

No plans for YM2413. I think it is much easier to just make a NSF to VGM converter and use FamiTracker, or use OPLL (MSX-Music) software on MSX. I actually had idea of YM2413 only tracker (for MSX and SMS), but it was before VRC7 support in FT, now I think it is just not necessary.

Last edited by Shiru (Jul 16, 2011 4:38 am)

Teeside, UK

not sure if it's just my PC but occasionally the program won't let me enter a note higher than, say, D#4. It'll recognise the note input, but no matter what note above it I enter, it just puts the D#4 note in.

after a bit of screwing around it "unsticks", but I'm just wondering what could cause this?