Milwaukee, WI

Jeez man, you are unstoppable.  Your sheer development will if going to force me to start writing some serious tracks with this!

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Nov 13, 2011 1:38 am)

Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!

Hey I've been playing around with DefleMask for a few hours now. I have an issue where the instrument or song will "click" kinda like TFM did when you didn't have the buffer set right. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Also, in your next version, can you make there be a wider range of "faster" speeds? I've always been frustrated by Shiru's trackers because there is an (un-necessarily) wide range of slow speeds, but not a ton of variations in high speeds. Thanks!

uhajdafdfdfa
theDutchess wrote:

Also, in your next version, can you make there be a wider range of "faster" speeds? I've always been frustrated by Shiru's trackers because there is an (un-necessarily) wide range of slow speeds, but not a ton of variations in high speeds. Thanks!

i think this a technical limitation not a cnoice

ant1 wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

i think this a technical limitation not a cnoice

I had considered that being a reason for the speed limitations. speaking of, I still don't know why the speed is designed as "speed_a/  speed_b" instead of a single box to alter speed.

Also, can someone better explain how to replay samples?
I'm in the 6th channel (FM5) but I'm not getting sample playback when I run the pattern.
I watched the tutorial and read the manual, but I'm not finding the information I need.

Thanks!

OH I REMEMBERED A GREAT FEATURE TO ADD!!!!

How about an "Undo" feature good for up to 3 or 4 actions?!?!

makes editing and comparing instruments easy. Also, I lost an hour's work one time in another tracker when I was starting because I trusted too much in the Holy Ctrl+Z

edit:
Is there a way to change the pattern matrix by typing rather than mouse clicks?
Is there also a way to use numberpad shortcuts, when my laptop doesn't have a numberpad?

Another neat thing would be if the PSG channels had Amp Envelopes

Last edited by theDutchess (Nov 25, 2011 11:10 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina
theDutchess wrote:

Hey I've been playing around with DefleMask for a few hours now. I have an issue where the instrument or song will "click" kinda like TFM did when you didn't have the buffer set right. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Maybe you have to change the Buffer's size, you can do this inside options.

theDutchess wrote:

In consoles the time is quantized, the speed is, actually, how much "frames" you will spend in a row. You can put a lot of frames in a row, but never less than 1. So, the minimal speed in various chiptune trackers are 1:1.

Btw, you can change the speed of the "frame" using NTSC or PAL, but however, in the next version you will be able to set this value manually.

theDutchess wrote:

I'm in the 6th channel (FM5) but I'm not getting sample playback when I run the pattern.
I watched the tutorial and read the manual, but I'm not finding the information I need.

Thanks!

You have to turn on the PCM mode of the channel 6, this is done using the 17xx effect in the Genesis System.
-- -- 17 01   -> DAC ENABLED
C5 -- -- --    -> C DAC SAMPLE

This is a lot easier than using effects for triggering samples.

Btw, this is explained in the manual.

theDutchess wrote:

I had considered that being a reason for the speed limitations. speaking of, I still don't know why the speed is designed as "speed_a/  speed_b" instead of a single box to alter speed.

Speed_a is for odd rows, this is also explained in the manual.

theDutchess wrote:

I do not understand, the undo buffer in DefleMask is up to 20 changes. I do not get why you are requesting less.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
theDutchess wrote:

edit:

You can use Middle mouse button in order to "copy" the lastest ID used, this almost erase the need of use custom inputs. However, that can be added easily.

theDutchess wrote:

Is there also a way to use numberpad shortcuts, when my laptop doesn't have a numberpad?

Using the FN key?, maybe I could add that feature, I am using my own GUI Engine, without any type of dependences on Windows/Linux/etc, so I have to code all of that stuff by myself.
It is good in some ways, but this type of things needs to be added manually.
I will add this soon.

theDutchess wrote:

This is already implemented in the 5.0 version, and it works very nicely. The release date is very soon, Game Boy support also with envelopes and much more news are coming!.

Last edited by Delek (Nov 26, 2011 3:12 am)

Awrright! Here we go:

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

Thanks!

You have to turn on the PCM mode of the channel 6, this is done using the 17xx effect in the Genesis System.
-- -- 17 01   -> DAC ENABLED
C5 -- -- --    -> C DAC SAMPLE

This is a lot easier than using effects for triggering samples.

Btw, this is explained in the manual.

The manual that was bundled with my download (v4) only covers effect commands 1xx through Fxx
I studied your cover of (I think it was) the Green Hill Zone and found the 17XX command. Cool!

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

Speed_a is for odd rows, this is also explained in the manual.

It is explained there. I was really asking why you designed the "rhythm shuffle" the way you did... but after playing around with it a little more, it totally makes sense.

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

I do not understand, the undo buffer in DefleMask is up to 20 changes. I do not get why you are requesting less.

Disregard that question. I didn't know the buffer was THAT good!

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

In consoles the time is quantized, the speed is, actually, how much "frames" you will spend in a row. You can put a lot of frames in a row, but never less than 1. So, the minimal speed in various chiptune trackers are 1:1.

Btw, you can change the speed of the "frame" using NTSC or PAL, but however, in the next version you will be able to set this value manually.

That'll be really interesting to play with.

Also, when I can't figure something out immediately, I tend to post for help like an involuntary reflex so I don't "waste time". Then again, I'm goofing off on a Sega tracker!

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

edit:

You can use Middle mouse button in order to "copy" the lastest ID used, this almost erase the need of use custom inputs. However, that can be added easily.

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

Using the FN key?, maybe I could add that feature, I am using my own GUI Engine, without any type of dependences on Windows/Linux/etc, so I have to code all of that stuff by myself.
It is good in some ways, but this type of things needs to be added manually.
I will add this soon.

Laptops exclude those critical things when they're trying to crunch and save room. Thanks for accommodating!

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

This is already implemented in the 5.0 version, and it works very nicely. The release date is very soon, Game Boy support also with envelopes and much more news are coming!.

Excellent. I admire your speed and effort going into Deflemask. I can't believe you already have v5 almost ready to go! Thank you so much

Last edited by theDutchess (Nov 26, 2011 4:00 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina
theDutchess wrote:

The manual that was bundled with my download (v4) only covers effect commands 1xx through Fxx
I studied your cover of (I think it was) the Green Hill Zone and found the 17XX command. Cool!

DUDE!, the manual is divided by Standard Effects and by specific SYSTEM's EFFECTS, so you have to open the SEGA Genesis sub-menu inside the manual to see the specific Genesis commands (in your case, 17xx DAC ON, but I added a lot of effects to the supported systems).

theDutchess wrote:

Excellent. I admire your speed and effort going into Deflemask. I can't believe you already have v5 almost ready to go! Thank you so much

Thanks a lot. big_smile

Delek wrote:
theDutchess wrote:

DUDE!, the manual is divided by Standard Effects and by specific SYSTEM's EFFECTS, so you have to open the SEGA Genesis sub-menu inside the manual to see the specific Genesis commands (in your case, 17xx DAC ON, but I added a lot of effects to the supported systems

ugh...

well, the 20xx command looks neat.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A pair of screen shots of the Game Boy support before the release of the V5!.

Last edited by Delek (Nov 26, 2011 4:44 pm)

Delek wrote:

How exciting! You're really working to build "the" multi-system tracker, not just FM-supported systems!

also: wavetable wavetable wavetables! can't wait to play with wavetables.

New York, New York
theDutchess wrote:
Delek wrote:

How exciting! You're really working to build "the" multi-system tracker, not just FM-supported systems!

also: wavetable wavetable wavetables! can't wait to play with wavetables.

This is too exciting! Hear, hear! We have wavetables!

ok I've been having a problem. I designed two separate instrument patches to serve as my hi-hat and crash cymbals, but on this new pattern I made, the envelopes for these two patches are really short. I didn't put any effect commands in, nor did I change the channel volume. what's going on here?

New York City

Delek RULES SUPREME