hardcore, Australia

Listen to some of his music (not copyrighted)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
herr_prof wrote:

Ive said this before but there are three temples of chip. People who think the sounds are whack but the songs are perfect (ocremix), that the sounds are awesome but the songs annoying (modern chip dudes) and that both are perfect and must never change (famicompo covers section big_smile)

I hate hearing shitty vst redux of ffII soundtrack as much as you, but having them mentioned in the same breath isn't so outrageous.

I'd like to point out that I also had this article published for work... haha

http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music-ne … daft-punk/

I LOVE COVERS.

Unsubscribe

The fourth temple are people who hate daft punk.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
herr_prof wrote:

The fourth temple are people who hate daft punk.

Which temple are the people that complain about Blip Festival lineups in, herr_prof?

Unsubscribe

Its more of a chapel.

BOSTON

eh, i feel bad for ranting about lazy journalism... iI know these people generally have the best intentions, and if the genre is going to grow, it needs media attention, and the more sympathetic the source the better.  this kind of reporting just happens because the narrative of "omg videogame dance music" is just so easy to fall into.

maybe public perception would change a bit if "those of us who are known to interact with the media" were to make a effort to educate journalists/interviewers/viewers (in a friendly manner) on the genre distinctions. media people just want "a story about this whacky music", so usually they are pretty willing to let you (the subject) set the angle. and often if you don't, they will just ad lib with whatever their preconceptions happen to be.

so take the initiative and educate the people! be the change you can believe in! platitude platitude platitude! platitudinal beliefs. vote primate 2012.

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Feb 28, 2012 11:35 pm)

Texas
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

vote primate 2012.

Melbourne, Australia
pulseflux wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Mario at the Rave!

I don't really remember anyone complaining when this guy showed up at Blip AU...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Derris-Kharlan wrote:
pulseflux wrote:

I don't really remember anyone complaining when this guy showed up at Blip AU...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I witnessed some looks that were exchanged. Shit was pretty funny really. Those bros brought the party.

Bronx, NY

chip music is dead

long live chip music

Seattle, WA US
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

Its definitely becoming more of a problem, because as media exposure grows, i feel like the people who would really enjoy our genre would be totally turned off by how it is being presented. And dont even get me started on the people who WOULD like the description.

Yeah.. fuckin nerds

Seattle, WA US

Oh btw 10k your article was awesome.. learned a couple of essential things in chip history that I wasn't aware of due to not being a part of the scene even close to the time. Thanks!

São Paulo, Brazil

When someone asks me to explain what chipmusic is, I always send them this link: http://chipflip.wordpress.com/chipmusic/

São Paulo, Brazil

And believe me, Brazil has the lamest and laziest journalism ever.

Gosford, Australia
pulseflux wrote:

pretty sure you complained when he started making fun of your "small machine" t-shirt wink

Last edited by Victory Road (Feb 29, 2012 12:49 pm)

The Central Coast, Australia
Victory Road wrote:
pulseflux wrote:

pretty sure you complained when he started making fun of your "small machine" t-shirt wink

True, true.