shanghai

well, everything sucks and if we fix one problem another will just appear so we shouldn't even bother fighting

Tacoma, WA
Downstate wrote:

well, everything sucks and if we fix one problem another will just appear so we shouldn't even bother fighting

debby downer...... idk.... if everyone died then there would be no one to have problems... global suicide is the only solution....... also, the some volunteers talked at my school about Invisible Children... we sent some students to Zambia for a week to build houses... cool story, right?

Downstate wrote:

pessimism ftw

FlashHeart
RG wrote:

Hey everybody! Remember what happened last time America tried to eliminate an international boogyman?

Boy, that shit was fun huh?

Tried? Pretty sure it happened. In fact, the U.S. (along with other U.N. and NATO countries, lest we forget,) have foiled lots of plots and eliminated quite a few major international terrorists and assorted totalitarian maniacs. Now...I'm obviously not saying these operations were all well-planned out or executed or even justified in each instance, but your view seems like a pretty simple one. I mean, is it a bad thing that Hussein, bin Laden, and Gaddafi are all out of the picture? Seems like an improvement to me. I think it'll be quite a few years down the line before we have enough perspective to see what all the results and consequences are. Maybe then I'll be willing to speak in terms of total success and failure. But probably not, because that's not how the world works.

And Akira - I totally agree with you about the social media "activism." It's really just clicking a button to feel good about yourself. If people actually want to help the first thing they should do is read a lot and either go to these places or speak to people who've been to or come from these places. I have reporter friends that have worked in Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, and Egypt. I also have friends that have fought in the first two places as well as in Bosnia. Their stories are more illuminating than any viral video. People should look into organizations that are doing something and see how they can help. Might I recommend the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan? I've given them money to buy digital cameras (money can, in fact, help sometimes,) which they hide under their burkas to document atrocities and crimes committed by both the Taliban and the allied forces.

Anyway, the point is, being educated about an issue is a whole lot better than being cynical about everything and Touchboy is the most underrated chip tune artist, in my opinion.

Milwaukee, WI

I hope the planet explodes in a fiery mess of burning flesh.

London, Ontario

oh look, a fad to exploit

Whitley Bay, England

The only reason I clicked on this thread was to see how many points about Invisible Children being totally corrupt and their mission ultimately pointless and self-contradictory.

There wasn't as many posts to that effect as I expected actually. But oh well.

if i were you i would drop this like your bag on the long island railroad

STARDRAIN, CA

HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
best possible response. but
I just wanna say, I no longer have time to deal with responding to this. life is too intense right now lol

STARDRAIN, CA
PlainFlavored wrote:

if i were you i would drop this like your bag on the long island railroad

I meant this btw
I love the referece

Michigan
godinpants wrote:

i will glady contribute a song to raise awareness of this sonofvabitch's crimes against humanity....

sweden

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Oil+in+Uganda

b4by f4c3

has anyone even submitted? lol xD

Montclair, NJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DO73Ese25Y

Kony is bullshit.

Hudson, MA

I'll submit a song called "Carl Mayweather's Taco Stand-Off" if you turn this into an actual effort.

Brazil

Why don't you guys turn this compilation into donations to somewhere else, like the red cross or something?
Like Chip In Japan.