sweden
Turtle413 wrote:
Turtle413 wrote:

Plus I just got the DMG for $8. It breaks, then oh well...it breaks. Fixing it will just give me something to do.Anyway... had anyone had this problem with the Dell sk-8100's??? not the sk-8110's these boards are slightly different, but have the same wire colors. And whats up with the PURGE mode? Doesn't appear after you select keyboard on synch???

Still having the problem??? Any suggestions? Anyone please?

Regarding the PURGE. Maybe you're using a relatively new version?

2008-12-26: v3.9.2

* replace project screen "purge sequencer/instruments" with "free unused data,"
   which also frees unused tables, synths and waves.

About the lsdj keyboard. Sounds like you've got the wires wrong?

sweden
Shonen_ wrote:
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

I don't think slide or pitch commands are affected by the vibrato waveform. HF/non-HF, yes.
Oh, and there's no sine. Saw, Triangle and Square. wink

Sine = triangle.

Sine != triangle

Shonen_ wrote:

Sine = triangle.

?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … eforms.svg

Central-ish VA
andrio wrote:

I recently got my cart earlier today (been using an emulator before).
It isn't REALLY lsdj, but eh. This is what i do.

Has anyone else had this? Am I doing something wrong?
edit: I found out the nintendo logo pops up randomly. It was coincidently appearing when i pressed start.
But it still hasn't solved the problem.

I can get lucky, but then it'll just restart.

As someone stated above, it may be a power issue.  There's a couple of threads at (gasp) ol' 8bc about this, but none of them are too fruitful.  You can have a look.

http://8bitcollective.com/forums/search … =361263592

As far as I can tell, it may not be fixable - the issue is that the cart you're using (assuming you're not using a Bleepbloop cart) simply draws too much power and can't run in the pocket.

))<>((
Shonen_ wrote wrote:

Sine = triangle

while they may look, and sound, similar,, they're really quite different. A sine wave is considered the 'pure tone' because it has no overtones at all, If you filter a pure sine, nothing happens until the cut off frequency gets to the frequency of the tone, and cuts it off completely. You can actually filter a triangle wave, because it has overtones.

MA

* replace project screen "purge sequencer/instruments" with "free unused data,"
   which also frees unused tables, synths and waves.

I believe the version I'm using is the most current one as of the Jan. '10. Doesn't seem to have the "free unused data" option? Is this going to be a big problem in hooking up a keyboard???

As far as the keyboard assembly...no camera btw so I can't show you the problem.... I followed Thretris's keyboard color code from his tutorial on the sk-8100...I started fresh twice already, but I'm def. willing to give it another whack. So I'll just take it all apart again. I also just grabbed a new continuity tester, now what is your best advice on testing the wires without hacking up the wiring on the pcb ends???? you know what I mean? can you place a clip one end of the tester to the dmg cable thru the male piece then hook up the other alligator clip to the wires next to the pcb on the keyboard? I'm new at using these testers....

sweden
Turtle413 wrote:

I believe the version I'm using is the most current one as of the Jan. '10. Doesn't seem to have the "free unused data" option? Is this going to be a big problem in hooking up a keyboard???

As far as the keyboard assembly...no camera btw so I can't show you the problem.... I followed Thretris's keyboard color code from his tutorial on the sk-8100...I started fresh twice already, but I'm def. willing to give it another whack. So I'll just take it all apart again. I also just grabbed a new continuity tester, now what is your best advice on testing the wires without hacking up the wiring on the pcb ends???? you know what I mean? can you place a clip one end of the tester to the dmg cable thru the male piece then hook up the other alligator clip to the wires next to the pcb on the keyboard? I'm new at using these testers....

Then its probably called "clean song data" + "clean instr data" which is the same thing just a different name. And it doesn't(shouldn't) affect the lsdj keyboard function in any way.

2009-07-26: v3.9.e

* split up "free unused data" to "clean song data" + "clean instr data"
on popular demand.

Unless you're using the exact same model as he used in the tutorial its most likely that the wires in your keyboard have completely different colors. I think I got the same problem once by hooking up the 5v wire where it shouldn't be.

MA

Thanks nordloef! I'm staring over now...

MA

Brown wire from dmg cable seems to be the facor... I'm still stumped

SK-8100:

--KB--          --DMG--
green     -      green
white      -      blue
red         -      brown
yellow     -      yellow               (that's how I had my wires, which is the supposed to by right?)

So we can agree that DMG blue carries the +5v...And the green should go with green and yellow with yellow...right??? So here's the problem...The brown wire (DMG) is what screws everything up i guess. No matter what wire (from KB) I hook up to the brown (DMG) things get all screwed up! I'm getting frustrated with all the error, what do you think is wrong with my set up??

sweden
lsdj wiki wrote:

The DMG-07 4 player adapter cable has all the needed lines (including +5v). I determined the cable colors using a multimeter:

1 brown (+5V)
2 red (serial out)
3 yellow (serial in)
4 – (reserved)
5 green (clock out)
6 blue (gnd)

http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/KeyboardInterface

sweden
Turtle413 wrote:

And the green should go with green and yellow with yellow...right???

Just because they have the same colors?

MA

hey now I'm a noob. What do you expect? lol I'm having enuff trouble just learning how to master soldering wires....my keyboard is supposed to follow Thretris's color codes for the SK-8100 (he confirmed this w/ me) I'm also using the official DMG-07 cable, so it should be easy, right? hahaha.I'm going to spend the rest of the night getting the damn thing to work. I'll try to post a pic of the wires, somewhere on the web and everyone can point n laugh at my hack wire job! Thanks for those that stuck w/ me on this one! I will succeed! wink

sweden

According to Thretris blog the wiring for the SK-8110 is like this: (as you probably already know by now)

http://thretris.blogspot.com/2010/01/ls … pdate.html

I hope you get it to work.

MA

...Keyboard is probably shot. Third time I did this exactly like the diagram above (Thretris's). I'll have to test the keyboard first, the next time I try this. Thanks again everyone!

NYC

Im a bit of noob my self and wanted to know if anyone is having trouble transferring their data to a comp by using the LSDJ Carts with a Mini USB plug attached to it? can any one help?

MA

Got that trouble too...That and my computer says I need "administrator access" to do it. I can't figure out how to bypass that on my computer, but that's besides the point. (got my computer 2nd hand from a friend of a friend...not sure what the administrator p/w is, but I never needed until I tried plugging in LSDJ through a usb)