Melbourne, Australia

Emailed.

celsius wrote:

Emailed.

Word, thanks for your patience. I found a source for black MIDI cables again, will be the best build.

ad-hell-aide

Does this mean you might write some more inspirational and fantastic chipmusic as well, Chris?

Melbourne, Australia
x|k wrote:
celsius wrote:

Emailed.

Word, thanks for your patience. I found a source for black MIDI cables again, will be the best build.

I think we'd both be lying if anyone were to claim I'd been patient or that this hadn't been a heated situation. I'm not trying to sling mud in your eye at this point but let's just call a spade a spade. Make this right, restore your good name and lets see some more kickarse NES dev in the future (and hopefully a new x|k tune or two!)

The cool thing to do now would be to be proactive. I know I'm not the only one who was in this situation (last time I checked). Clear out the backlog. I know people would appreciate it and I'm sure that would be the last of the ill will for all parties.

little-scale wrote:

Does this mean you might write some more inspirational and fantastic chipmusic as well, Chris?

I'd love to work on music, but I think right now, as in this year now, I'm trying to put hardware work first. I've done a lot of work on REing the TR-707, and I think I needed the time and experience working on a few other projects  to take another look at finishing Midines 2. Like the nsf player I had in it uses channel muting, and there was another person on the forum looking for a hardware based nsf player with channel mute.

The good news on the Midines 2 front is that I did finish the hardware (cart) a few years back, just not the software. Its just with all the drama that sprung up and all the problems I had on my end dealing with Paypal, I needed to take a step away from the scene. The google system is working better, tho I had to let go of international orders because of too many tracking problems.

I know there are guys out there that will hate me forever, but I didn't go to college, and I never had any financial backing or business loans, kick-starter wasn't even conceived when I started Wayfar. I got enough money from my dad to get a eeprom burner, then Herr-Proff ordered the prototype Midines on ebay, and thats all the funds I had to try and get started. Its always been a struggle trying to make ends meet with the project.
So when paypal started freezing my account at whim thats when things started collapsing.

Anyway I'm trying to learn from all the problems of the past, and find a way to get past the challenge of funding manufacturing runs with new projects, hopefully with kickstarter. Its like, when someone asks me what do I do for a living, I want to be proud when I say "I make synthesizers".

Texas

For what it's worth, I was one of the guys that wanted NSF channel muting smile

Tucson, AZ

Hey Chris, welcome back.  Very glad to see you posting here about your plans to get caught up on the Midines order backlog, I'm sure a lot of people will be happy about this.  Also excited about the work you're doing with the TR707 (I read your email, will try to get back to you shortly).  Excited to see how things continue to develop.

GNV / FL / USA

Hey, Chris. Don't think I've seen you since Blip 2007. Let me know if you're still putting a visualizer in MidiNES 2 and if you still want some help smile

San Francisco
Nullsleep wrote:

Hey Chris, welcome back.

this.

also hope to see you around more. we need to meet up still.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Saskrotch wrote:
celsius wrote:

I'm about to reach my 5 year anniversary since I ordered mine. What is the traditional 5 year anniversary gift for a scammer? Paper? A punch in the face?

5th year is wood, so use a baseball bat

You're at three years yourself, old mate... haha. You're just lucky I love you.

Seattle, WA

Holy shit Chris I'm so happy you're back to clean up your name! We need help cleaning out all these wannabe punkass 8bit fakes who don't respect the roots.

Just keep the com-ports open and I'm sure everyone'll be happy.

smile

I'd hate to bash the guy, but I was one of the folks that was only able to get my cart from x|k by opening a PayPal dispute back in 2010.  not long after that is when he switched to Google cart. I am looking to buy another one to replace the one I had to sell a while back to meet financial obligations (I never got to go to college either, buddy).  Now my concern is: If I give him any money; will I indeed get my cart in the 3 months his site promises? Google only allows 90 to open a dispute, & they can only mediate a dispute, not refund your money.  This is what I had to do when I bought from him with PayPal.  I didn't necessarily want to make a fuss, but I was emailing him every week to no avail.  I only got concerned after I didn't get a response after the 1st email I sent to him just to check the status of my order after several months had passed. If I got something back that were to the effect of "sorry, I'm running behind, didn't forget ya"; then I would have been more patient & continued to wait without the need for further harassment.  He says he doesn't have time to answer emails, but he also invites people to continue sending them.  I have a busy career also as a social worker that leaves any free time I have (when i'm not on call) planning schedules & doing other paperwork.  So, I would think with something as important as your reputation & customer service you could find 5-10 minutes to send out a blanket email to all your customers (rather than answering them individually) if need be, or at least putting a temporary banner on the site explaining any delays.  for $100+ each you owe us at least that. 

- but like I stated earlier, I am not here to bash.  I think you are doing great work & have good ideas.  However, you made a conscious decision to enter the business world by opening a site & selling the carts, so you therefore have an obligation to honor your commitments with the people you do business with. It's good to see you're back to clean up your name, but you also promised to do the same thing in 2008, so how do plan to expand or attract more customers (obviously, that is what you wish as your dev'ing a midines2) without loosing their trust?

- Lastly, for the MidiNes fans out there, If you feel confident buying from Wayfar, I in no way, intend on hampering your decision.  I myself am interested in what the Midines 2 will feature.  But I also know that there are individuals out there exploring alternatives & seek similar hardware.  Having 20 years of EE experience, I would like to submit a proposal to those interested in volunteering...  What if there existed a OPEN SOURCE MIDI interface for the NES?  It's not a far stretch of the imagination that one could be created, & no secret that x|k dev'ed his from existing nes mappers & technology.  As an open source device, the schematics, program, & circuit designs would be posted for anyone to use or replicate.  anyone with amateur soldering skills could purchase or DL the circuit boards from sites like freepcb.com.  There could also be firmware updates & patches & the ability to load samples directly to the cart.  For those who would want a pre-assembled & programmed cart,  they can be sold one as a "service" from multiple vendors.

this is just my Idea & I by no means would consider it an easy undertaking. but it seems to me when there are enough people interested in a project, It is at least worth an attempt.  I also do not wish to "outsell" or put x|k or anyone else out of business, there will always be a demand for his projects.  I just see an opportunity for the NES DEV scene & chipcore fans to colaborate on a project that could be beneficial to lots of people - even those who don't belong to either & just want to experiment with their NES.

Chicago

Ordered my midines dec 2011 and still haven't received it. x|k, I understand making these things take a while and I'm sure that you have tons of orders to fulfill, but that's no excuse to saying "Currently the realistic time from order to ship is 1 to 3 months". If your orders are backed up, maybe you should hold off on taking more orders.
You can't keep bullshiting people with false advertisement.

I admire your creativity and innovativeness, but pull your act together and start answering emails.

PS

Your not the only one who hasn't gone to college, or has problems in general.

Chicago

pull your act together

Last edited by roecrew (Jun 2, 2012 6:41 pm)

Scotland

I paid for mine in June 2008. Get in line.

Melbourne, Australia

Just as an update, I emailed x|k a few months ago and after almost 3 years I received it about a month after he renewed his commitment to said. Whilst obviously this is far from ideal (he had made several similar commitments in the past to ship it) it might be some small hope for those who have yet to receive their orders. I'd email Chris again now and see what he says.