Milan, Italy
Turtle413 wrote:

...Keyboard is probably shot. Third time I did this exactly like the diagram above (Thretris's). I'll have to test the keyboard first, the next time I try this. Thanks again everyone!

I really dont think that all the keyboards have the save cable colors.

you should use a tester and follow this scheme.

SF
Turtle413 wrote:

Got that trouble too...That and my computer says I need "administrator access" to do it. I can't figure out how to bypass that on my computer, but that's besides the point. (got my computer 2nd hand from a friend of a friend...not sure what the administrator p/w is, but I never needed until I tried plugging in LSDJ through a usb)

Try going into safe mode and making a new administrator account.

NYC
Turtle413 wrote:

Got that trouble too...That and my computer says I need "administrator access" to do it. I can't figure out how to bypass that on my computer, but that's besides the point. (got my computer 2nd hand from a friend of a friend...not sure what the administrator p/w is, but I never needed until I tried plugging in LSDJ through a usb)

funny mine dosen't even acknowledge it and i bought it at blipfest this year too.  its weird and it kinda upsets me but idk maybe i can find a work around any one else having this problem???

Huddersfield, UK
Turtle413 wrote:

If you are running Vista then right click the .exe and click "run as administrator" perhaps?

MA

I'm running with Windows XP -tablet PC ver. When I boot it up in 'Safe Mode' it makes you go to the name/password screen. I don't what other name or p/w to put in. We log on with our user name, when we use the computer. The trouble is User Mode is the only mode we can successfully be in. I can't hook up any peripherals obviously, because "You need Administrative  Access"

SF

Try the user name "administrator" with no password.

I was hoping for the user select screen to come on with the secret admin user.

Mind if I bump this?

I found it because I also have no idea how to do long volume fades without it kinda clicking up or down in steps (also can't figure out how to pan without it clicking before hand).

Just thought I would bump this so I can keep all of my stupid questions to one thread.

I'm having the same problems with the panning clicks, I've definitely heard people use it without the clicks being noticable. Anyone know how it's done?

Unsubscribe

fade the instrument off before doing the panning?

Portland, OR

I don't know if this has already been addressed. I'm new to LSDJ and was wondering...will 2 DMGs sync properly if one is half clocked? Like, will the timing match up and whatnot? Does this question even make sense? ugh.

Brazil

Back to the L command, yes, the frequency changes the speed and I'm pretty sure of it. BUT maybe it works only with the pulse, I dunno fo the wav, maybe that was the thing.

Also, sine and tri look different and sound different.

brooklyn
Apprentice8 wrote:

I don't know if this has already been addressed. I'm new to LSDJ and was wondering...will 2 DMGs sync properly if one is half clocked? Like, will the timing match up and whatnot? Does this question even make sense? ugh.

Yes, I have done this myself on one song.  Just make sure the one that is NOT underclocked is master.  The underclocked DMG will play at the same BPM of the master, and will still play an octave lower.

Portland, OR
Kedromelon wrote:
Apprentice8 wrote:

Yes, I have done this myself on one song.  Just make sure the one that is NOT underclocked is master.  The underclocked DMG will play at the same BPM of the master, and will still play an octave lower.

Thanks, that is super helpful. I'm writing my first chiptune and am already finding a need for lower bass and more tracks! Searching local thrift stores for old bricks :-)

rochester, ny
Apprentice8 wrote:
Kedromelon wrote:

Thanks, that is super helpful. I'm writing my first chiptune and am already finding a need for lower bass and more tracks! Searching local thrift stores for old bricks :-)

the variable speed knob mod can produce some awesome effects when you sync two gameboys. depending on which is the master, it does some different shit!

Portland, OR
nickmaynard wrote:
Apprentice8 wrote:

the variable speed knob mod can produce some awesome effects when you sync two gameboys. depending on which is the master, it does some different shit!

It's funny you should mention that, I actually already purchased the pitch bend mod from Nonelectronics. I'm just waiting for a DMG to put it in. I'm trying not to mod the hell out of my main unit. Will it bend the pitch without changing the tempo if it's linked in as the secondary game boy? Cause that would be BA!

rochester, ny
Apprentice8 wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

It's funny you should mention that, I actually already purchased the pitch bend mod from Nonelectronics. I'm just waiting for a DMG to put it in. I'm trying not to mod the hell out of my main unit. Will it bend the pitch without changing the tempo if it's linked in as the secondary game boy? Cause that would be BA!

yeah, if the variable speed gameboy is the master, then turning the knob will change the tempo and pitch of the master but only the tempo of the slave. if the variable speed gameboy is the slave, then turning the knob will only change the pitch of the slave, but the tempo will stay the same.