Earth

Project Homepage

Version 1.5 of SquareSynth is now released! Its completely revamped, with all new graphics. I'm very proud of it, thanks to Keff for his help. It now has a 4-bit triangle wave, which completes the NES sound and look that squaresynth has taken on. Audiobus is now included. Check it out!

Audio Demos:
Housey Demo
Garage Demo

Last edited by breakphase (Dec 15, 2013 6:30 pm)

Unsubscribe

any audio demos? looks neat!

Solar System

Android?

babylon

this app is fuckin cool. ive already created some cool sounding instruments and cant wait to be able to export them over to my other music apps. everyone tell breakphase thank you wink

Gosford, Australia
Matej wrote:

Android?

please :>

South Dakota

Funky funky!

Earth

Thanks walter!

Victory Road wrote:
Matej wrote:

Android?

Sorry no Android version. sad

herr_prof wrote:

any audio demos? looks neat!

Yah I'll upload a demo soon! It's really good at percussion, but also arps and pad sounds. Once I add the wav renderer you'll be able to make self contained little loops.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
breakphase wrote:

Thanks walter!

Victory Road wrote:

Sorry no Android version. sad

I assume no Windows Phone 7/8 either, then?

Earth

Naw, though at some point maybe I'll get into windows phone, cause I think it's cool. At this point It's just easier to target one platform. Especially for an app that needs such low level programming.

Gosford, Australia
breakphase wrote:

At this point It's just easier to target one platform. Especially for an app that needs such low level programming.

Sucks, but I totally understand sad
Android's still got shitty audio drivers anyway, yea?

Earth
Victory Road wrote:
breakphase wrote:

At this point It's just easier to target one platform. Especially for an app that needs such low level programming.

Sucks, but I totally understand sad
Android's still got shitty audio drivers anyway, yea?

Yeah pretty much. Apps like this need super low latency, which is hard to achieve on Android. Something like nanoloop can get away with some lag, cause you just hit the play button. It doesn't have to be immediate.

babylon

with the current state of things if you want to seriously use a mobile platform for music you need an apple device. but these days things like the iphone 4/ ipod touch 4th gen/ ipad are becoming much cheaper with all the newer stuff coming out and should run all music apps just fine. and now that we have audiobus this shit is starting to get real. i love ios music shit!

Unsubscribe

Nice demo! Coremidi support please!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
walter b. gentle wrote:

with the current state of things if you want to seriously use a mobile platform for music you need an apple device.

Sorry to continue to derail your app's thread, but yeah, I've noticed that, and I find it kind of sad that that's the case that no devs want to work with Google or Microsoft to develop interesting and original (or even ported) apps for their devices. I'll probably just have to suck it up and buy an iPad/iPod Touch when I get the money, but I also kind of don't want to, because that just shows devs and Apple that they can continue with business as usual and continue to ignore Android and WP/Windows 8.

Earth
Russellian wrote:
walter b. gentle wrote:

with the current state of things if you want to seriously use a mobile platform for music you need an apple device.

Sorry to continue to derail your app's thread, but yeah, I've noticed that, and I find it kind of sad that that's the case that no devs want to work with Google or Microsoft to develop interesting and original (or even ported) apps for their devices. I'll probably just have to suck it up and buy an iPad/iPod Touch when I get the money, but I also kind of don't want to, because that just shows devs and Apple that they can continue with business as usual and continue to ignore Android and WP/Windows 8.

I know it's a bit sucky. My hope is that Windows phone will create an alterative for audio apps. Android doesn't care about audio performance for some reason, but I figure microsoft would.

herr prof wrote:

Nice demo! Coremidi support please!

It's on the todo list for sure. big_smile

nashville,tn

installed! well done, that's a lot of options for cheap.