Unsubscribe
DSC wrote:

Maybe something like this?

Exactly.. but that docking cradle looks pretty impractical.. id settle for a serial cable running to a smaller box!

Louisiana
kitsch wrote:

@zef -- the way the device ships (its current code), this is exactly what it can do!

@Vex -- sorry, been crazy busy, i'll reply asap!

Awesome man. Looking forward to see what you got in mind.

matt's mind

a project in the works, shouldn't be much longer at all:

wink

Louisiana

Ate those silicon A B buttons? That would be freaking amazing!!! Dpad looks the same song have no idea what's going on there lol..

matt's mind

yes.  full silicon set shortly.  with some special features...

for some crazy reason i couldn't get the dpad to capture with the surface shaded, it keeps switching back to wireframe.  but whatever, its sort of cool to see the guts anyways.

Notice the holes in the bottom of the directional pad wireframe. Money says we will soon see some sort of clear variant that will be LED-ready.

matt's mind

ka-ching!  winner!

The New City of York

sweeeeet

Indiana

Quint looks really nice. It's really tastefully done, design-wise. Do you have problems with the gameboy crashing?

Louisiana

That is pretty freaking sweet then. My only concern would be the direction the LEDs point... Will they be pointing down towards the pcb or up right into your face especially if you're playing/composing in the dark or performing on a dark ass stage. I'm all for diffusing some LEDs but some people may not know how to diffuse and 4 LEDs in the face could be a little painful. Other than that I love the idea. Full on even lighting everywhere would be phenomenal! Oh and will there possibly be a few runs that are Nes style dpads that are solid colors but the arrows are clear? THAT would be a bad ass design! I'd buy like 10 sets on first release lol.

Czech republic

I suppose these will be diffused by the silicon. And you can always adjust the intensity.

matt's mind
ashimoke wrote:

I suppose these will be diffused by the silicon. And you can always adjust the intensity.

Nice kitsch!
+1 for NES style pads.

matt's mind

another peek at something upcoming, very soon!

i altered the picture a pic, sorry for the crappy quality.  needed to hide some things...

and that NES button approach is already being worked towards!  just love it when idea overlaps happen like that...   not sure i can do that style button for a reasonable cost though, tbh.

matt's mind
Fudgers wrote:

Quint looks really nice. It's really tastefully done, design-wise. Do you have problems with the gameboy crashing?

nope.  well, i can't say not at all.  its extremely stable though, you can change very quickly between the values.  run your fingers up and down the button and it doesn't tend to crash even.

if you stick to the settings as they are you'll be within the value ranges of the consoles.  if you run a color in dmg mode, it'll crash, vice versa. 

if you edit the values in the code, you can get them outside the accepted value ranges, i'll expand the comments in the code when i can grab some time but they're thorough enough to sort through it pretty easily.

Spain

Is that... Is that a custom GBC screen with backlight? Please...