Minneapolis

I'm going to try some more engraving, this time on some of Kitsch's very lovely replacement DMG cases. Will keep you posted as I go along. Here are the victims:

I'm undecided on which to try first, and am happy to take suggestions for which color to pick first. I have some ideas in mind for engravings, but with 6 cases to make, I'm certainly open to suggestions.

seattle

I think the engraving would show up really nice on the black one.

Michigan

I think it would show up the very best on the transparent shells.

seattle

^ that too

Cleveland, OH

Just for fun, it would be cool if you could engrave NINTENDO Game Boy where it usually would be.

Or even your artist name or something. I would be interested in seeing how that turns out. Would be cool to get that on my 3 boys.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Sep 17, 2013 12:34 am)

Minneapolis

I think I prefer to have my artist's mark inside the battery cover. That seems like a nice place.

Michigan
arfink wrote:

I think I prefer to have my artist's mark inside the battery cover. That seems like a nice place.

I agree. When I sign the gameboys I mod, I sign on the inside. It would seem too show-offy to do it elsewhere.

Florida
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Or even your artist name or something. I would be interested in seeing how that turns out. Would be cool to get that on my 3 boys.

That would be really cool! especially if you start doing custom orders.

matt's mind
arfink wrote:

totally

seattle
arfink wrote:

like kitsch!

Minneapolis

FYI, here are high resolution scans of the kitsch boy cases, suitable for using as design templates. Yes, those are legos. They happen to be very dimensionally consistent (for measuring the scale) and also happen to be handy for building a wall on top of the scanner which can be used to properly align things with rounded corners, like gameboy cases.

front:

back:

Last edited by arfink (Sep 17, 2013 1:34 am)

NC in the US of America
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Just for fun, it would be cool if you could engrave NINTENDO Game Boy where it usually would be.

Minneapolis

Last time around, people said they'd like something more geometric. As a first concept, I thought, what happens when I cover the whole thing? Keep in mind, this is a concept. Working on a few others, this one just happened to hold my attention longest.

matt's mind

mmmmmmmm

big smile

Minneapolis

These patterns are kinda addicting to make. That's all for tonight, I'll try something more different tomorrow.

Madriz, Supain

When you start doing this shit on request youll have to take my money.