Wolverhampton UK

CDK should of just carried on rocking out whilst that wo/man was talking to him. That would of confused him/her/it.

astral cat

fucking love james, also when i was playing he picked me up no bother and i'm a pretty heavy dude.. i would not fuck with his shit.

Brazil

\m/.

Bronx, NY

Zen Albatross, IAYD, EMDash and myself chipbusked in Union Sq in NYC a few weeks ago. All we got were weird stares. James, you rock!

England
TmTgr wrote:

The conflict was that haters be hating. People just reject stuff that sounds like video games sad

Also this lady has probably never heard any form of electronic music, so she was like wtf is this noise.

Maybe she lived opposite and her husband lay dying inside? I don't know, I've never even met the woman. Serves her right for never having listened to any electronic music, I suppose...

Last edited by InactiveX (Aug 24, 2010 6:26 am)

UK

This is gold, I wish I'd been there for this.

York, Yorkshire

Lastknight is my hero.

Liverpool, UK

haha, thanks for the kind words!

What basically happened was: After Edward Shallow had done his "official" busking on the Royal Mile, we had a few hours left before the soundcheck, so we decided to do some unofficial busking, mostly as promo for the show. We went to a square which had a second hand marketplace going on, which seemed like a nice place for some busking - I've got some awesome shots of performers with Edinburgh Castle in the background, will upload soon!

Edward Shallow and Sycamore Drive managed to busk a few tunes with no issues, a few people watching and asking what it was about. I then went on to do my first track, and before I could finish the woman in the video was claiming to be 'in charge' of the marketplace (in a public area?) - I was, trying to be as polite as possible, asking for some sort of identification, as she could have been anyone, and as far I was aware, I was doing nothing wrong. I was also politely requesting that I finish my song, and then I would stop for the time being.

However, she wouldn't have any of this. I was still asking for some sort of ID, but she didn't have any (yet was still claiming to be in charge - a bit odd of her to have no official ID, right?) - then the man came over and touched Edward Shallow's private property (his cable and amplifier) - possibly the most illegal act of the video.

Note - just to the right of what was being filmed, there was an official warden (with flourescent jacket and ID) who was very polite and professional about it all, politely asking us to stop and move along (you can see her towards the end of the video). I have no issue with the woman talking to me, but the man who touched Edward's cable/amp was, to put it as politely as possible, a total tool. I was also called a "cheeky bugger" by the woman in the video!

We then later went to a park by a row of shops, and busked for an hour or two with no issues whatsoever!

EDIT - for Engrish collections, I dun goofed

Last edited by calmdownkidder (Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm)

TSSBAY01

all good, all good.

Geneva, NY
calmdownkidder wrote:

I was also called a "cheeky bugger" by the woman in the video!

Well, aren't ya? /biglebowski  tongue

NSW, Australia

BATTLE ROYALE!

rochester, ny
NO CARRIER wrote:

steampunk airship pilot

lol.

Edinburgh

This was awesome. But there was some pleasant, well-received busking also. Evidence:

Wilmington,NC

That's a beastie of a song. I want one of those amps very much now.

Westfield, NJ

Hipsters + old people = fight every time.

Am I the only person that finds it utterly awkward to watch gameboy musicians play live? Espeacially if it's just Start and Fist Pump (or in James' case, weird hand spasm).

No offence James, good for you for playing live and shit. Got balls for playing that shit live in the street with a horrible fucking set up.