vancouver, canada

Joliette, QC, Canada
calmdownkidder wrote:

I like making crap jokes on stage

edit - as in jokes that are crap, not jokes centred around the subject of 'crap'

I use this stategy a lot
...this or Atari ST wordgames that no one understands !!! tongue

SJSFC wrote:
an0va wrote:

i dunno i'm just ranting like a barking dog at this point but i love this kinda stuff

I think that rant is absolutely beautiful, like 'Glory Hallejuah playing in the background as you tell it how it is' beautiful. thank you

hahaha whoaaa the heavens shall open up as we disciples agree on chipmusic -

Last edited by an0va (May 18, 2012 1:00 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

Hallelujah to the 16 loyal fans

washington
calmdownkidder wrote:

I like making crap jokes on stage

edit - as in jokes that are crap, not jokes centred around the subject of 'crap'

SO MUCH THIS. And, Back to the Future references.

Indiana

i've found that using a loop pedal and live input devices like an aboy+a midi keyboard tends to make a great performance

Sweden

I mostly just play stuff back from my laptop and dance, but I bought a kaoss pad which I think really adds a lot to the performance.

Cleveland, OH

Personally I have 2 DMGs running LSDj. One for drums and one for the leads/bass and what not. I just hit play on those unless I'm changing the tempo. That's it there.
I play my C64 for about half of my songs. Sing to all of them and I use some of the "samples" from Trippy-H on yet another DMG with a variable pitch mod so I can bend the hell out of the bass drops and such!
I just picked up Music Tech and I use that on a DMG with an Easy-CLK so I can get 2 octaves out of it.
So I'm plenty ways of busy on stage now. Plus I usually have a guitarist or two if I'm not playing guitar or bass myself.

washington

Playing around with panning is pretty cool, too. Crowds seem to like it.

Playboy Man-Baby

Lately I've been getting way into deliberately writing tracks in ways that allow me to use livemode in LSDJ to the fullest-- Mad, frenetic beats and noisy, grating leads, with everything spaced out from eachother, so that I decide the progression of the song per instance of its performance. Also, during sets, yesyesohgodyes and I have been known to link up DMGs and write stuff on the spot from the ground up, with mine set to Master. Oh, and vox. Vox can be good.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jul 19, 2012 6:35 am)

NSW, Australia

i just use a DMG with LSDJ hit play and focus on the vox

Remember, have a backup cart and GB wink

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am)

Holland

Try to beat the 'drink-as-much-beer-as-possible-when-playing-live'-record from the past gig. Works everytime.

San Diego, CA

I like to have a gameboy run out of batteries, forcing me to run to my backpack and grab another set to slap in while the other gameboys are playing.

this has happened more than once why am I so bad at this

Chicago IL

press start and then kill yourself

Seattle, WA US
Saskrotch wrote:

press start and then kill yourself

But how u gonna fist pump if u dead??

Seattle, WA US

Or just fist pump so hard that it makes you be dead????