Texas

Is it a bad thing that the first time I ever heard of Anamanaguchi was when I was going through a gallery of Gameboy and NES mods and saw a modded NES with their name on it? And that I still haven't heard any of their music and I know almost nothing about them? Or is this normal?

rochester, ny

nope!

Abandoned on Fire

Normal.  I was the same way.

Texas

I'm also haven't heard any of Bit Shifter's music. 030

Unsubscribe

You know it probably would've been easier to google than to start a post.

Texas

I know. I'm not trying to find out about them. I'm just wondering if I should.
Now that I think about, I haven't heard any commercially released chiptunes. 030

Lexington, KY
HolyNegative0 wrote:

I know. I'm not trying to find out about them. I'm just wondering if I should.
Now that I think about, I haven't heard any commercially released chiptunes. 030

I suppose that depends on what you mean by commercial.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
HolyNegative0 wrote:

I'm also haven't heard any of Bit Shifter's music. 030

start reading!

http://truechiptilldeath.com

rochester, ny

what is 030

BOSTON

wtf is this National Noob Wednesday or something? listen to some damn chiptune music

Bronx, NY

It's a little unusual, but there's nothing wrong with it. Everyone has different tastes, interests, and paths to learning more about this. I do think you oughta listen to Bit Shifter. A lot of Bit Shifter.

buffalo, NY

I heard those guys are jerks.

Tucson, AZ

Abandoned on Fire

Here's all my personal recommendations of what you should listen too (mixed in with the usual silly internet posts and whatnot):  http://datathrash.tumblr.com

Lexington, KY
danimal cannon wrote:

I heard those guys are jerks.

Every damn member of Bitshifter are big ol' douchedonkeys. O_O

vancouver, canada
HolyNegative0 wrote:

this kid doesn't know who anamanaguchi is!

seriously though, i think everyone's been in a situation where they inexplicably just found out act X is a big deal, so it's all good. got outed a couple of times myself (quite embarrasingly too) for being totally clueless about a particular artist.

it's reasonable not to expect newcomers to have to bury their noises in the entire history and ecosystem of chipmusic the moment they first discover it.