Unsubscribe

True, I heard my first Justin Bieber song last week.

hardcore, Australia

Guys i'm going to be honest with you.
In the 4 years I've been doing chip I still don't know what a hexadecimal genome is.

Tucson, AZ

It's a robot's DNA.

FlashHeart

I remember back in my punk rock days I would read the band names on people's leather jackets and then go to record store listening stations to check them out.

Finding new chip music is more than just easier than that. It's oppresively easy. There's just too damn much and 99% of it is free. I assume that whenever afficionados like Nullsleep, Bit shifter, and Peter Swimm aren't standing directly in front of me they're somewhere either listening to or composing chip music. Or organizing a show or festival. Or touring. Or blogging about it.

When the hell do you guys sleep?

nickmaynard wrote:

what is 030

a minor third

New York City
an0va wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

what is 030

a minor third

A Motorola 68030 processor. Like the one in my Amiga's accelerator.

WAIT GUYZ, WHAT IS AN AMIGA>?!>>!>!!?!?!?!>??!1111one?

hardcore, Australia

IT MEANS FRIEND. WHAT ACCELERATOR DOES YOUR FRIEND HAVE?

FlashHeart

030 is right next to Ohio.

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

Vienna
PULSELOOPER wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

LMAO!!

nickmaynard wrote:

what is 030

030 is the area code of Utrecht, the netherlands.

There's quite a chipscene growing here. So it does make sense.

FlashHeart

Amiga is a lesbian thing?

Texas

030 is a face. The "0"s are the eyes and the 3 is a pair of pursed lips. Gosh.

Solarbear wrote:

I suppose that depends on what you mean by commercial.

I mean music that you are supposed to pay money for.

BR1GHTPR1MATE wrote:

wtf is this National Noob Wednesday or something? listen to some damn chiptune music

I have no way of knowing why you responded this way, if it is your situation or if you're just really pissed off right now. But I do not like being called a n00b, nor was I seeking to be called one in posting this. I am, in fact, new to the chipmusic community, and have not had very much exposure to it.
The largest genre on my mp3 player is, in fact, Chiptunes. It's just mostly free music that I've found on this website.

DaPantz wrote:

It's a little unusual, but there's nothing wrong with it. Everyone has different tastes, interests, and paths to learning more about this. I do think you oughta listen to Bit Shifter. A lot of Bit Shifter.

Thank you very much for an intelligent response. I do plan on listening to Bit Shifter. Eventually. XD

Nullsleep wrote:

LOL

egr wrote:

Here's all my personal recommendations of what you should listen too (mixed in with the usual silly internet posts and whatnot):  http://datathrash.tumblr.com

Followed.

bryface wrote:

seriously though, i think everyone's been in a situation where they inexplicably just found out act X is a big deal, so it's all good. got outed a couple of times myself (quite embarrasingly too) for being totally clueless about a particular artist.

it's reasonable not to expect newcomers to have to bury their noises in the entire history and ecosystem of chipmusic the moment they first discover it.

Thanks for another intelligent response. I myself have tried to do some research, but I just haven't had as much time as I would have liked.

Natty wrote:

Amiga is a lesbian thing?

LOL.

Savannah, Georgia

i suppose the main reason anamanaguchi is so well known is because of scott pilgrim. i heard waaaaay too much about that game a couple years ago and everyone was always freaking out about the music and art style because "oh god, it's so retro and cool and the music sounds like mario in a rock band an-

excuse me just resisting suicide, hang on

BOSTON

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:

E vocé é a minha, Pulselooperinha!