Texas
Bit Shifter wrote:

Why is this a thread? You're asking, what, if it's OK that you don't know certain artists? Why wouldn't it be OK? Consider your fears dismissed and your human merit validated. As nickmaynard says, you can get 95% of everything off of all the labels e.s.c. recommended for the INCREDIBLE low, low price of $0.00. And as BR1GHT PR1MATE says —

BR1GHTPR1MATE wrote:

listen to some damn chiptune music

Shit's easy.

Bit Shifter wrote:

Also, I'm convinced that some people start threads just so they can have input from others to refute. Don't be one of those people.

Okay. I merely started it because I wanted to know if, as a member of the chiptune community(I like to consider myself one), I was missing something that I wouldn't want to be missing. 030

Savannah, Georgia

for sake of preventing the creation of another multi-page hellspawn with some regulars screaming at you and others trying to be helpful, i'd honestly refrain from making these threads.

Texas

Yeah. Probably a good idea. I often forget how the internet can be at times. 030

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

Lets get back to basics.. How many people here know who Graa is?

Who has two thumbs and doesn't know who Graa is?
[img]this_guy.jpg[/img]

See?  Not knowing stuff is easy!  Anyone can not know things!  \o/

No worries, man. Don't let stuff discourage you! I will say though that I am way more surprised at your usage of such off-kilter smileys versus the music you spin (or don't spin)! wink Welcome aboard.

Hey, I don't know rocket science! (that's a lie)

Texas
an0va wrote:

No worries, man. Don't let stuff discourage you! I will say though that I am way more surprised at your usage of such off-kilter smileys versus the music you spin (or don't spin)! wink Welcome aboard.

Well, thanks. 0u0 The smilies come from years of only using the internet for deviantART. XP

Tokyo, Japan
Bit Shifter wrote:

Also, I'm convinced that some people start threads just so they can have input from others to refute. Don't be one of those people.

You are just cranky cause he don't know who you are.

Brooklyn NY US
Aeros wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

Why is this a thread? You're asking, what, if it's OK that you don't know certain artists? Why wouldn't it be OK? Consider your fears dismissed and your human merit validated. As nickmaynard says, you can get 95% of everything off of all the labels e.s.c. recommended for the INCREDIBLE low, low price of $0.00. And as BR1GHT PR1MATE says —

Shit's easy.

you seriously need to lighten the f up.

Frankly I thought I rather deftly executed a gentle rebuke, inflected with the appropriate dash of humor.

Brooklyn NY US
Lazerbeat wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

You are just cranky cause he don't know who you are.

Where'd you learn English? England?

FlashHeart

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Fights-Sha … pd_sim_b_2

Savannah, Georgia
Bit Shifter wrote:
Aeros wrote:

Frankly I thought I rather deftly executed a gentle rebuke, inflected with the appropriate dash of humor.

frankly i thought that was a pretty brutally executed stream of insults, facilitating humor to attempt to enhance your point.

seriously just read your posts in simon cowell's voice, you'll see what i mean

Tucson, AZ

Personally, I'm curious as to who else you don't know.  Can you provide a more complete list?

BOSTON
Aeros wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

Shit's easy.

DID YOU JUST TELL BIT SHIFTER TO LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP?

BOSTON

somebody is gonna get cut in this thread

Brooklyn NY US
Aeros wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

frankly i thought that was a pretty brutally executed stream of insults, facilitating humor to attempt to enhance your point.

seriously just read your posts in simon cowell's voice, you'll see what i mean

I don't know who that is. Is he a mean person? Maybe you shouldn't read my posts in his voice.

I just think the thread is silly. Post #1 seemed to be a cry for validation; subsequent posts — like this one —

HolyNegative0 wrote:

I know. I'm not trying to find out about them. I'm just wondering if I should.

…seemed to imply a certain appalling laziness — not even of the "Hey, tell me about things I could easily look up on Google myself" variety, but of the arguably even lazier "Hey, tell me whether I should or should not Google this" variety.

If it's all just meant as "hey, give me some recommendations, what should I check out" then fine. But it wasn't really framed that way.