Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Like it says... What file formats would you like Bandcamp to support as bonus files that they don't already support?

I'll start. I'd like to see support for both .lsdjsng files and .ftm files.

Abandoned on Fire

I posted this before somewhere but:

I requested that .sav be allowed as a bonus item a while back.  The very generous response I got was that they just went ahead and gave me the "ANY KIND OF BONUS DOWNLOAD ITEMS" power up.  So the capability to have any type of bonus item is already there, you just have to get access to it.

On a related note:  My personal #1 request for Bandcamp is to have batch uploading for albums.  I've started a Facebook page about it to try and get their attention.  Click that "Like" button if you agree.
Link:  https://www.facebook.com/WeLoveBandcamp … hUploading

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I've been given the same permission with another account of mine, which is great, but out-of-the-box support would be better.

I definitely agree with a batch upload feature. It's quite a pain to handle the track-by-track process. I'll check out the page when I get home! smile

Tulsa, OK

.nan support would rule!

Rochester, NY

To get any type of file support, do you just have to ask?  Or do you have to make them a certain amount of money?

Can't upload .tg files which would be nice

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Generally, you can ask support and they'll give you a "power-up" enabling all file formats, however I'm curious as I think some of these file types ought to be available from the start.

Tokyo, Japan

.xrns files for renoise!

Abandoned on Fire

Evidently there's some changes being made in the Power Ups.  Below are screen grabs from my oldest and newest accounts (I've got a lot for various things).  The newest account doesn't even list "ANY KIND BONUS DOWNLOAD ITEMS" ... maybe that means anything is allowed already?  Have you tried to upload various file types (or a zip of various files)?

Oldest account:

Newest account:

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Hmm, interesting! Thanks for sharing. I'll take a look at my accounts too.

----- Edit -----
Mine both show the "Any Kind" power-up so I believe they're still limiting file types for most users.

Last edited by MicroD (Apr 27, 2012 3:51 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

i'd LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE USING THEIR OWN WEBSITES INSTEAD OF THIS HORRIBLE BANDCAMP SHIT

yes, i have a bandcamp too

Abandoned on Fire
ant1 wrote:

i'd LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE USING THEIR OWN WEBSITES INSTEAD OF THIS HORRIBLE BANDCAMP SHIT

yes, i have a bandcamp too

What's horrible about Bandcamp?  Other than the few gripes we've already mentioned it's pretty damn perfect.

uhajdafdfdfa

well it's just so BORING

Finland
ant1 wrote:

well it's just so BORING

Yeah I would love to see more shitty ass web pages with terrible layout, ugly colors & with broken flash players and mediafire download links.

Tokyo, Japan

My main objective to bandcamp is that is kinda sucks for managing things you have downloaded as a customer. You basically have to dig through your whole inbox to find things,

Unsubscribe

Yea it really needs listener accounts to save your liked artists and shuffle/play them more easily.

Savannah, Georgia

lsdsng, sav, sunvox, ftm, veg, ttf, fon, prg, d64, sid... i could go on forever