[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:51 pm)

Tulsa, OK

My friends are either supportive of me because they believe in my music, or they are my friend and they don't care wether I Rock or not smile my mom hates my tunes, but my dad digs it sometimes. Having friends that support me is great! And my girl hates my music, but it's okay! big_smile

Gosford, Australia

OH yeah my girlfriend loves chip music. enough so that she's started making it, heh.

Washington / California

My grandmother is really excited every time I do something new with modding my gameboy, she's probably the most positive about it. Not really sure what my parents think of it, and I don't know if my brother even knows I do it.

My friends are all really into it, before I really knew my roommate he introduced me to people as "the coolest person he knew" because I wrote music on a gameboy.

My girlfriend (before we were dating) was in my house one day and saw my gameboys while I wasn't home and later told me I was her hero. Whenever we're in the car and I'm playing anything chip related she asks if it's mine, and I feel a little bummed because it usually isn't.

Her roommate always calls it blip music, and tells me how much he listened to my "ip" (he means my ep). This guy generally annoys me.

Last edited by TERADAKTYLE (Jun 14, 2012 4:15 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:51 pm)

PA,USA

My friends are like "how and why the heck would you wanna make 8bit music?" theres a few that understand it and like it to an extent. My mom just thinks im playing videogames.

New Albany Indiana

I told

New Albany Indiana

I told my family about BRK fest and that i was going and they asked what kinda music it was... i said "ummm (scratches head) Beep boop blip?"

Unsubscribe

The chip scene is my family.

.FILTHadelphia

buffalo, NY

Family started to accept it once I started doing some higher profile gigs.  My friends couldn't be less supportive honestly.

nashville,tn

lolz, me programming a gameboy cartridge at 32 is no different than me tuning a bass guitar at 15 to all the same notes whilst playing harmonics into a tape player in my family's eyes-its just er "different". my mom digs it, father indifferent, brother tolerates it: will czech a gig here and there. my daughter calls me a beat master-superlolz...and my sweet heart 4 evs shakes her ass off to it. win all around i guess. helps that im "smart" but hurts im not a "doctor" yet..... typical hobby vs passion thing. win or lose, i dont think the fam's opinion ever changes......

New Albany Indiana
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

lolz, me programming a gameboy cartridge at 32 is no different than me tuning a bass guitar at 15 to all the same notes whilst playing harmonics into a tape player in my family's eyes-its just er "different". my mom digs it, father indifferent, brother tolerates it: will czech a gig here and there. my daughter calls me a beat master-superlolz...and my sweet heart 4 evs shakes her ass off to it. win all around i guess. helps that im "smart" but hurts im not a "doctor" yet..... typical hobby vs passion thing. win or lose, i dont think the fam's opinion ever changes......

Well said

New Albany Indiana

this is a guide for parents about chip tune. haha
http://www.nonelectronics.com/guide.php

Lexington, KY
danimal cannon wrote:

Family started to accept it once I started doing some higher profile gigs.  My friends couldn't be less supportive honestly.

I suppose they could actively be a hindrance. XD

Austin, TX

My parents don't understand it but are supportive. My sis and bro just think it's cool that I have a hobby.