NC in the US of America
juice0123 wrote:

Well thanks everyone for all the advice, I just got a GBC yesterday, and I'm going to go look for a DMC during the weekend. I still need to buy the Cartridge, I googled it but there are so many websites, so I'm not sure where to get it from, any good site u guys recommend?

SketchMan3 wrote:

(I suppose the GBC would be a slick well-setup Squier Tele and the DMG a Gibson Les Paul with the action too high and sticky residue on the neck),

What would be an SG?

umm...GBA? I dunno, lol.

I'd just like to add that, I feel like sometimes my tables go a bit overboard and sound more weird than cool, so trying to compose with the limitations of the DMG in mind sometimes helps me keep things from getting overprocessed.

Tulsa, OK
juice0123 wrote:

What would be an SG?

A rock

Because SGs suck

La paz - Bolivia
SketchMan3 wrote:

umm...GBA? I dunno, lol.

A Strato made for lefties? (or a normal Strato, if you're right handed.)

Jimmy Hendrix Style!

buffalo, NY
Jake Allison wrote:
juice0123 wrote:

What would be an SG?

A rock

Because SGs suck

Wow no.

Tulsa, OK
danimal cannon wrote:
Jake Allison wrote:

A rock

Because SGs suck

Wow no.

Try a deluxe tele man

buffalo, NY
Jake Allison wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

Wow no.

Try a deluxe tele man

Nah I'm good brah

hhhhnnnnnngggggggggg
Jake Allison wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

Wow no.

Try a deluxe tele man

this guy knows

danimal cannon wrote:
Jake Allison wrote:

Try a deluxe tele man

Nah I'm good brah

Man, the original bulky beige Stratocaster has a warm sound (especially on the low end), but you can't shred as hard as you could on the Color ones (some people insist that the Color models have wonky low-ends).

</end_of_unrelated_guitar_discussion>

Canada

I LIKE DMGs.

I've found their low end range more powerful. Maybe it's all in my head, but I like to think they pack a bigger punch.

Austin, Texas

I'm really loving how this "DMG vs. CGB" thread devolved into a literal guitar favoritism wank.

The best guitar is the one that you enjoy playing and enjoy hearing yourself play.

Incidentally, the same thing is true about your game boy or literally anything else you use to make music.

East Kilbride, Scotland
Telerophon wrote:

The best guitar is the one that you enjoy playing and enjoy hearing yourself play.

Incidentally, the same thing is true about your game boy or literally anything else you use to make music.

This. I've used a 5th hand beat to shit £30 acoustic guitar for years because of the way it plays and sounds. It has given me endless inspiration. If you can find one of those instruments that just feels right (a GB, a violin, whatever it may be), make sure to hold onto it and take care of it.

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (Nov 5, 2012 12:02 am)

DC
Telerophon wrote:

I'm really loving how this "DMG vs. CGB" thread devolved into a literal guitar favoritism wank.

excellent.

Canada

I definitely agree,
but shut up about guitars, haha.

NC in the US of America
Jansaw wrote:

I definitely agree,
but shut up about guitars, haha.

Yeah. My bad for starting that.

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Nov 5, 2012 3:04 am)

Los Angeles, CA

Fucking nerds.

Tulsa, OK
Wizwars wrote:

Fucking nerds.

Those two words do not go together.