ad-hell-aide

tongue

Brazil

I'm nice but not that productive, where do I fit in the graph?

i think a lot of you zzZZZZ base the chip community just of this forum lmao

seriously why not just stop making threads like this LOOL .  get me  .

nah peace

Grimsby, UK

dear chip scene,
stop having an existential crisis, keep making music,
yours sincerely,
a consumer

New Albany Indiana
nickmaynard wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Please im just trying to get some thoughts here. Lately ive noticed that some old figures in the chip community have disowned this website and have said they want nothing to do with it...

i'm really curious who this refers to.

Ive asked EC, STereoChan, ANT1 had sad hes done. and some othe people who think this website is full poops.

Bit wish wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

i'm really curious who this refers to.

Ive asked EC, STereoChan, ANT1 had sad hes done. and some othe people who think this website is full poops.

These are old figures in the chip community?

Brunswick, GA USA
Heosphoros wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Tree Wave are ancient...

Michigan
Heosphoros wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

this is just an opinion, but if youre using ant1 as a benchmark for this discussion, you might want to re-evaluate things.

Liverpool, UK
noisewaves wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

this is just an opinion, but if youre using ant1 as a benchmark for this discussion, you might want to re-evaluate things.

^ Not taking the Lord Saviour The Almighty ant1 seriously

lolusa

It's easy to think everyone is negative and the world is ending if you base a musical community on words that are akin to thought-provoking bathroom wall etchings. Like other's have said, just go to a chip show. If you live too far away, make one yourself or drive across the country.

I try to do the "don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say" thing, but it's hard to keep it in sometimes. I'm sorry

Tacoma WA
ovenrake wrote:

It's easy to think everyone is negative and the world is ending if you base a musical community on words that are akin to thought-provoking bathroom wall etchings. Like other's have said, just go to a chip show. If you live too far away, make one yourself or drive across the country.

I try to do the "don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say" thing, but it's hard to keep it in sometimes. I'm sorry

ovenrake i'm sorry i pushed you away and you left tacoma!!  come back we miss you

IL, US

or fuck t, if you want to know the people you may think are most elitist aren't bad, i will even talk on the phone with any of you express a concern and pm me... i guess i come off as a dick online, but its really more that i just have no time for bullshit and have learned some lessons over the (sadly) 6  years ive been an admin on here or previously on 8bc... ive had a lot of people say they finally got what im saying after a phone call or hanging out a few hours... those of us you think as harsh or tightassed staff half our valid reasons for thinking that way

Douglas, Wyoming

Honestly it's stuff like this that keeps me from jumping deep into the community here, or anywhere else for that matter. The idea that there has to be a certain standard for chipmusic and that experimentation/uncy tracks mean you're terrible and a noob and should quit. Yes, negative reinforcement is cool if it's constructive, but saying "You're new, your music is bad because you're new. Leave" is just stifling the community. Instead of bashing newcomers, you should help them get started. You don't need to hold their hands, I never had anyone to teach me lsdj/famitracker. I learned on my own time, but a little help never hurts.

To me at least, chipmusic is about creating something in a way that is unique and fun. It's sort of taking out the advanced-ness of modern tech and making music in a more intimate way. I think all this garbage about "real chipmusic" is a load of hoohey. Setting limits on what people should make just kills any creativity. There's no need to be a 24/7 tough guy just because someone asks you how to make an arp in LSDJ. You never know, that noob one day might bust out with some awesome tuneage the next.

TL;DR Shut up and get back to making music already.

it is best to just find a few people you like and become friends with them- then learn from them.. on a site like cm.o there are so many individuals who are not invested in one another, so why should anyone give a crap?

i like cm.o because there are loads of useful tutorial threads by some talented guys, but those threads function more as articles than personal advice.

also, there are so many different styles of chip on here (which is fine) that i rarely get relevant feedback.. people always tell me to give my music a "harder beat", but they do not make the kind of music i am interested in making. and so, i have stopped putting music on here and instead just show my music to just a few people who are better than me and who i actually like and care about. it's a lot better and i have learned much more that way.

i heart cm.o- don't get me wrong. but i think people need to be careful about what they expect to receive from this site.. otherwise they might get disappointed.

Tacoma WA
defPREMIUM wrote:

it is best to just find a few people you like and become friends with them- then learn from them.. on a site like cm.o there are so many individuals who are not invested in one another, so why should anyone give a crap?

i like cm.o because there are loads of useful tutorial threads by some talented guys, but those threads function more as articles than personal advice.

also, there are so many different styles of chip on here (which is fine) that i rarely get relevant feedback.. people always tell me to give my music a "harder beat", but they do not make the kind of music i am interested in making. and so, i have stopped putting music on here and instead just show my music to just a few people who are better than me and who i actually like and care about. it's a lot better and i have learned much more that way.

i heart cm.o- don't get me wrong. but i think people need to be careful about what they expect to receive from this site.. otherwise they might get disappointed.

i as well don't post a ton of music on here tbh and the stuff i do is pretty far removed from a lot of people on here.  but i've always enjoyed hearing what they have to say about what i've done.   

i have no expectations and its met them pretty well honestly.

oh ok nvm then