lolusa
infradead wrote:

ovenrake i'm sorry i pushed you away and you left tacoma!!  come back we miss you

pfff it wasn't you, they got rid of the stage @ dorky's !
can you believe that shit? I plan on having a Tacoma vacay sometime soon. I need infinite soups, red hot, and val halla.

Continue your conversation everyone tongue

Douglas, Wyoming
bryface wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

arp tough guys

that would be an awesome name for a new chip band.  i can picture the cover art so clearly.

i agree though, there are too many "this song was totally mind blowing man! SO. GOOD." comments on songs which i think are pedestrian at best if i'm being totally honest - either because of low collective standards, or because commenters feel they should pay forward the "good chip vibes" that they think should be characteristic of the chip scene.

I think I got a bit misunderstood, I'm saying insulting a track is bad, but praising a track that you don't really think deserves it is just as bad or worse. I was suggesting constructive criticism "this is pretty good but [x thing] could use a little work, maybe try [x thing] instead". I've noticed a lot of people here lashing noobs when they come in an post a thread topic about wanting to get started in chipmusic. And a lot of what I said wasn't directly towards cm.o but the chip community as a whole.

Maybe I've just been on the internet too long and have gone senile. That's a possibility too.

I'm just gonna quit posting now while I'm ahead (aka. Far, far behind)

Westfield, NJ
chunter wrote:
Rico Z wrote:

i think it was this song.

It wasn't, by comparison that song is pretty good...

YOU GUYS HAVE TERRIBLE MEMORIES.

so glad I had an excuse to post this again.

Nottingham, UK

Oh god.
Although, I think R.E.T.R.O.B.O.Y. is actually worse because the cringe is actually exaggerated by the video. I can't watch past the bit where he awkwardly throws the bulls horns at the camera while pretending to be recording vocals.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm)

Tulsa, OK

wow

Brunswick, GA USA
Decktonic wrote:

Yes, indeed, I think 8-bit and girl are too vague for search, and I couldn't remember an artist name.

Michigan
Decktonic wrote:
chunter wrote:

It wasn't, by comparison that song is pretty good...

YOU GUYS HAVE TERRIBLE MEMORIES.

i just watched every video on his youtube channel.....

Seattle, WA US

i h8 chipmusic

I'm bald, fat, have a family, and am obviously from the older generation, so all I can say is...it's not what it used to be

Tokyo, Japan

How did it used to be?

Lazerbeat wrote:

How did it used to be?

nobody thought they were cool for being on the internet or making electronic music

Tokyo, Japan

I think quite a lot of us just like making, performing and sharing chipmusic with the world. There is a pretty large age range of people here. Some people in their early teens up to people in their mid 30s

Lazerbeat wrote:

I think quite a lot of us just like making, performing and sharing chipmusic with the world. There is a pretty large age range of people here. Some people in their early teens up to people in their mid 30s

Oh I know man no sweat, I've gathered the whole scene has changed quite a bit from just standard browsing on the web,

It just makes me feel like a chipposaurus rex wink

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
themask wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Oh I know man no sweat, I've gathered the whole scene has changed quite a bit from just standard browsing on the web,

It just makes me feel like a chipposaurus rex wink

So back in the day people didn't like making, performing and sharing chipmusic with the world?

ad-hell-aide
Lazerbeat wrote:

I think quite a lot of us just like making, performing and sharing chipmusic with the world

this

Tokyo, Japan
jefftheworld wrote:

So back in the day people didn't like making, performing and sharing chipmusic with the world?

I think the number of live chip music shows in the last 5 years is probably a significant increase over 10, 15 or 20 years ago.