Lexington, KY
Kedromelon wrote:

randomotherplacesinthecity

Yeah, I hear that's a good place. They make good frappes.

shanghai

when im not making music im at work. normally listening to my music thinking, this is shit you loser, this is why you have this crap job and no one wants to release you records. go home and try harder, make something, yeah this is dope, this is my sound, a turning point. listen to it on lunch next day. compare to other records. cry because its just NEVER AS GOOD AS I FUCKING WANT IT TO BE !!!! ands that ehy i keep making it every day and leave everything else as an after thought. this is also why i am constantly sleep deprived, slightly grumpy with my colleagues that do nothing but work and watch television, and i guess is also a contributing factor to why i am now living on my own haha. aside from that im just a happy go lucky guy, likes ganja, nerdy electronics and blowjobs. thankx.

Westfield, NJ

love this thread.

I'm a game producer. I live in Princeton, New Jersey but I work in New York City. The last game I worked on was Draw Something, which did pretty well. I just started a new job at a gaming company in the financial district of Manhattan and every morning I walk by the Word Trade Center site. I tend to work on music during my hour-long train ride to/from work or when I can't fall asleep at night.

I'm married. My wife works in New Jersey, which explains why we live here, and on Saturdays we attend a synagogue in central Jersey. I have a great circle of friends there and in my free time I might be hanging out with them or some other friends I've met through work or college. On weeknights my wife & I cook dinner, watch some TV shows (I'm currently hooked on Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Bob's Burgers, and 30 Rock to name a few) and I'm usually in bed by 10 so I can be up by 6am.

My other music project is all about disco house and I spend a lot of time collecting & listening to music including vinyl records and CDs, even though my DJ setup is all digital and I'm usually just listening to MP3s. I have a lot of videogames and I'm always buying more though I don't have much time to actually play them. I've always been obsessed with collecting things and aside from the vinyls I collect Nintendo memorabilia which means I have a lot of unwrapped Nintendo products lying around our apartment. I also got back into reading books recently and I'm close to finishing The Hunger Games trilogy which my wife insisted I read. It's OK I guess.

Oh and apparently I'm running a 5k this Sunday though I'm kind of out of shape and I don't think I'll get a good time. Oh well.

Last edited by Decktonic (Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm)

Gosford, Australia
Heosphoros wrote:

You all look like a bunch of faggots.

you are one

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm)

I'm  a 17
I'm a hipster looking kid. (Not really a hipster though) Even though I'm called it almost every day of my life for producing music on the Gameboy.
Im an artist and i even get a free ride to RISD for it.
Im a full time student. ( I'm in like every grade) I feel school is unnecessary after like 8th grade.
I like to mod small electronics, like Gameboys.
I am unemployed. Its hard to find a job in the smallest state in America because there are so many people.
I don't have a girlfriend. This hot girl loves me but I don't feel the same.
I hangout with friends on the weekend.
I collect games because I am an impulsive buyer.
I have like no emotions for some reason,
I think the only thing I love is my cat Hadouken.
And I try to make music that I am never happy with.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I feel like I've learned so much about people's love for their hair.

I won't brag, but I have a mohawk thing going now.

Louisiana
PersonBoy wrote:

Dude your 17...just get some easy "hot girl" pussy while you still can. Lol

Louisiana
Vex wrote:
PersonBoy wrote:

Edit: worry about love when you're 18...

Shit I thought I hit "edit" fuck! Sorry guys

Last edited by Vex (Apr 25, 2012 4:05 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
Vex wrote:
Vex wrote:

Edit: worry about love when you're 18...

Shit I thought I hit "edit" fuck! Sorry guys

Your original response was correct.  Wring all the life out of being a minor that you possibly can!!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Life. . . but also crime. Go steal stuff.

Washington / California
Heosphoros wrote:

Every post from you is like a 15 year old slipknot fan with cystic acne on YouTube, if you don't like something you don't always have to look at it.

BOSTON
Auxcide wrote:

I feel like I've learned so much about people's love for their hair.

I won't brag, but I have a mohawk thing going now.

I fucking love this thread hahahaha

Tulsa, OK
TERADAKTYLE wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

Every post from you is like a 15 year old slipknot fan with cystic acne on YouTube, if you don't like something you don't always have to look at it.

This is what you get Frank! This and a song named after you that you love smile

http://chipmusic.org/jake+allison/music … arty-track

San Diego, CA

I'll join in!

4th year at UCSD, graduating in June with a BS in Cognitive Science! Gonna use that degree for NOTHING and instead make video games. Or try to, considering companies suck at wanting to hire new talent (or even train them) (DECKTONIC HOOK ME UP PLEASE)

Most of my time these days is spent working on learning how to code and looking for internships hmm I am currently working (i.e. learning) on two rhythm games that I'll be able to actually put time into once I graduate smile

(I kind of didn't realize how much chipmusic was a thing for me until I started talking about stuff that isn't chipmusic (what is happening to me))

Trollhättan, Sweden

I'm currently in college, one year done and one to go. tongue On my free time I'm either socializing online or real life, surfing reddit and play games. My go-to game at the moment is Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. (Oh the memories from that game big_smile)

Westfield, NJ
spacetownsavior wrote:

4th year at UCSD, graduating in June with a BS in Cognitive Science! Gonna use that degree for NOTHING and instead make video games. Or try to, considering companies suck at wanting to hire new talent (or even train them) (DECKTONIC HOOK ME UP PLEASE)

If you were in the northeast I might be able to, but California is where the most opportunities are. That, and Austin TX. Just use that degree as a strength instead of a weakness. Lots of people in this industry did not study anything that would be considered a "game industry degree." I did Computer Engineering thinking I would work at Intel. So much for that. Just build up your portfolio of indie work and start networking. And don't forget to mention that you write music in your spare time. That's a good hobby to have.