New York City
ui wrote:

prisoners are those who shoot, not the police...

Jajaaj proper big_smile

washington

Ermmm...
I live in Washington. There is almost no sketchyness to be found. This thread makes me feel so white. XD

I'll probably never move far from where I live now, I'm too much of a pansy to live anywhere else. I love living in a place where I can just play music and hotbox and chill all day, and not have to worry about my car being broken into and whatnot.

Why do people live in sketchy cities, anyway?

Last edited by basspuddle (May 30, 2012 5:12 am)

Indiana

I live in Gary, IN.

shit sucks balls,

somebodies always getting murdered or robbed

São Paulo, Brazil
basspuddle wrote:

Why do people live in sketchy cities, anyway?

Some people just don´t have that option, kid.

akira^8GB wrote:

You guys need to step out of the first world bubble to realize what dangerous really is xD

I walked around the Marcy Houses in Bed-Stuy in the middle of a murder in progress with police cars zipping along with the TV truck. No big deal tongue
Talking Brooklyn, Canarsie is where shit hits the fan.

[edit] this should be the definition of dangerous: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ … 41/1/.html

You would, Akir! Were you looking for Jay-Z? tongue

herr_prof wrote:

Hey now, they just want to have consensual sex with you. The bat is just there for local color.

Can we change this thread to CLASS DISPARITIES AND HOW SOCIAL STATUS SHAPES PRECONCEPTIONS IN THE FIRST WORLD, seems more accurate.

This.

SJSFC wrote:

Camden, South Jersey

I've heard so many people say Camden is the worst as is Trenton, but I've never had any problems.

This is pretty cliche but, no matter where you are, you should always watch your back, and if you don't feel comfortable there, then you probably shouldn't be there.

I've heard East New York as well as the aforementioned Brownsville are probably the roughest spots in Brooklyn, but I've never been there, so that's all just speculation, to me anyway.

Also, Mott Haven and Morrisania/East Morrisania in the Bronx. But, I've been through sections of what most people call the South Bronx, and I think it's pretty nice. It reminded me of Trenton (with a lot more local flavor) and once your were off the main avenues a bit it was actually really peaceful (if you didn't know NY history, you might never have guessed that there were once abandoned tenements and rubble there in the 70s) . It was nice to get away from all the noise in Manhattan for a while.

Last edited by disassembler (May 30, 2012 3:12 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

The first world definition of dangerous is very different to a third world one. Over here people are dangerous if you walk into a certain ghetto, you can get killed easy, people get violent and territorial sometimes (neither cops enter in certain places in chile). But overall, in more common areas they are friendly if you know how to deal with them.

ohgodno, Indiana

Home Sweet Home

Los Angeles, CA
Screamforme99 wrote:

LA is pretty sketchy

No, it's really not, if you use common sense.

spacetownsavior wrote:

paging wizwars, kool skull, and anyone else who lives in LA smile

In my experience here, you generally have to go looking for trouble. Most of the crime is related to the drug and gang scene. You stay away from that shit, you'll be fine. If you're walking around at night, walk with multiple people. You should do this anywhere though. If you don't know where you are, stick to the main streets and stay out of the neighborhoods. Obviously wandering around a primarily industrial area at night is fucking stupid. The LA that is portrayed in 80s / 90s movies and gangsta rap has calmed the fuck down a lot. And even then, those things reference only certain areas. What the fuck reason would you ever have to go to Compton? It's a bunch of strip malls and houses. Yes, it's fairly dangerous, but there is NOTHING THERE.

As a kid growing up in Anchorage, Alaska, I always thought that place was way more dangerous...lots of drugs and people who think they're tough, most of them have guns, and Alaska is definitely a place where people can easily disappear...I have a lot of friends up there from my childhood who are now either in jail or dead, yet you never hear about Anchorage being even slightly dangerous...

Wizwars wrote:
Screamforme99 wrote:

LA is pretty sketchy

No, it's really not, if you use common sense.

spacetownsavior wrote:

paging wizwars, kool skull, and anyone else who lives in LA smile

In my experience here, you generally have to go looking for trouble. Most of the crime is related to the drug and gang scene. You stay away from that shit, you'll be fine. If you're walking around at night, walk with multiple people. You should do this anywhere though. If you don't know where you are, stick to the main streets and stay out of the neighborhoods. Obviously wandering around a primarily industrial area at night is fucking stupid. The LA that is portrayed in 80s / 90s movies and gangsta rap has calmed the fuck down a lot. And even then, those things reference only certain areas. What the fuck reason would you ever have to go to Compton? It's a bunch of strip malls and houses. Yes, it's fairly dangerous, but there is NOTHING THERE.

As a kid growing up in Anchorage, Alaska, I always thought that place was way more dangerous...lots of drugs and people who think they're tough, most of them have guns, and Alaska is definitely a place where people can easily disappear...I have a lot of friends up there from my childhood who are now either in jail or dead, yet you never hear about Anchorage being even slightly dangerous...

I was looking at a census report and Anchorage was ranked pretty high for most dangerous cities in America. Who would've thought. That's crazy, man.

Indiana
b4by f4c3 wrote:

Home Sweet Home

219 4 lyfe.

ohgodno, Indiana
boomglitch wrote:
b4by f4c3 wrote:

Home Sweet Home

219 4 lyfe.

hell yea

Brazil

Glicério 4lyf
Calling Pulselooper.

https://maps.google.com.br/maps?q=rua+G … .2,,0,7.49

I can't find cracolandia on the map.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (May 31, 2012 1:48 am)

Boston, MA

inside a volcano

Boston, MA

or space

Last edited by campbell (May 31, 2012 2:04 am)