North Carolina

I am hoping for a variable speed with an on/off, and I'd like to side mount the pot, so I was thinking of your V3. I'm not in a huge hurry on that, but I'd like at least a half-speed option soon. I'll take another look at the V2. C3 is not low enough for my pulse basslines...

Austin, Texas

You can build your own switchable half and normal clockspeed circuit pretty easily using your original crystal, a half speed crystal, some protoboard, and some clever thinking.

However, you can only flip the switch when your game boy is off, and kitsch's IC based kit takes up less space in a DMG, along with being switchable while powered.

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 1, 2012 12:36 am)

North Carolina

If only Kitsch would restock it...but I understand that he is a busy guy. smile

Austin, Texas

On that note, does anyone know how to alter clock speed on a Super Game Boy? It's not controlled by the same kind of crystal, is it?

I have a couple I need to pro-sound, and while I'm in there, I might as well…

Cleveland, OH
Telerophon wrote:

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing the new versions of the clock modifier kits.

Variable isn't a big deal for me, but double and half I'm quite keen on. I got a couple of the half-speed crystals, but I'm just going to use those to experiment and maybe put in some DMGs for friends.

Kitsch's half speed Easy_CLK http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_clk is incredible. You can click it back and forth for awhile before it crashes. I have it installed in my Kitsch case and I run Music Tech(play a Game Boy like a keyboard using the buttons) so I can change octaves on the fly. Works so well!

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Aug 1, 2012 1:14 am)

Telerophon wrote:

On that note, does anyone know how to alter clock speed on a Super Game Boy? It's not controlled by the same kind of crystal, is it?

I have a couple I need to pro-sound, and while I'm in there, I might as well…

Disconnecting the SNES clock source (which the Superboy derives its clock speed from), substituting its connection for a switch that is hooked up to a standard DMG crystal and a half clock crystal should suffice.

matt's mind

they're back in stock now:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_clk

also, i've only got THREE of the acekards left: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/utilities

if you get one, remember to go back and add in the shipping too.  same link.

North Carolina

Great, thanks kitsch. Getting ready to make a purchase now. Just curious - why don't you sell a biversion chip to go with the backlights?

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

also, i've only got THREE of the acekards left: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/utilities

So from what I've read this is a drag and drop cart for the DSi?

Are you saying shipping costs more with this?

matt's mind

nah, the shipping isn't more.  the item is listed in the drop-down there because i don't want to give it its own product page, i'll not restock them and didn't have a large quanitity.

every item listed on that page is free of shipping charge, so without going back and adding the shipping back the shipping is left out.

i could have built the shipping into the price of the cart, but people like being able to choose the method/etc. 

this seemed like the easiest way to do it, bigcartel is very limited in some important ways.

Didn't know that the clear custom cases are already on sale.
Do you already know when the next patch with a different color is going to be produced.

Also shout out to LOOMIS, very excited to get my hands on the case.

matt's mind

i haven't sent out the newsletter on them yet, i've got to edit that photo and do that.

yeah, the LOOMIS stuff is pretty amazing, i'm really happy to be doing stuff with him.  great guy.  and there is more on the way!

Austin, Texas
kitsch wrote:

actually, in the pics at the top of this page (page 40), thebitman has the kit i gave him laying to the side (on the keyboard). sneak peak i guess tongue

I just finished pre-paint routing and test fitting my prototype into one of the cases I got this week.

It's very nifty, but it's a struggle to fit a PS/2 port into something any way you slice it. (You get it? Because I cut holes in the case!)

I'll give you some more feedback when I get it wired and tested, kitsch. smile

Quick question Kitsch, can the RGBva be used to control the RGBss? Or is on/off switches the only way?

Cleveland, OH
MagFitch wrote:

Quick question Kitsch, can the RGBva be used to control the RGBss? Or is on/off switches the only way?

I believe that will work. You just have to remove the resistors from the VA board and bridge the pads with some solder. I've been meaning to test this actually. It would definitely work for just the RGBss but I'm not sure how the brightness will react for both the RGBss and the RGB backlight together.

Austin, Texas

Yeah, I'm hoping that whenever the Mk.II silicone button backlight system is revealed, it'll have a way to integrate controls with a RGB backlight so that you can change the colors of every light with the same three potentiometers.