Boston, MA
e.s.c. wrote:

man, wish mine was here doesn't seem to have been shipped yet hmm

same boat dude. jealous + anxious but what can ya do

kansas city
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Does the Nanokontrol work if you send midi CC to another source? if you get super stuck, PM me your ableton file (I have live, a nanokontrol2 and genMDM) I will try and figure it out.

Yeah, it works with mGB, for example. I'm gonna send you the files right away. Thanks man!

let me know how this gets resolved...

Tokyo, Japan

I will have al ook at this Saturday evening an report back!

ad-hell-aide

Hey Downstate, did you resolve the power issue?

Hey DUNGEONMASTER wanna send me your Live setup? I have a nanokontrol as well.

kansas city
little-scale wrote:

i actually dont have the sega interface yet, but i was wondering how the nanokontrol works with it... when it comes, ill be using nanokontrol and monome.

kansas city
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:
little-scale wrote:

i actually dont have the sega interface yet, but i was wondering how the nanokontrol works with it... when it comes, ill be using nanokontrol and monome.

although sometimes i have trouble assigning midi control changes to knobs in m4l.

shanghai

hey  LS
no not yet squire. fecking china so annoying
so the 3 pin i have seems to have too much voltage, and im not gonna fry little megadrive so i found another
a 2 pin chinese plug for 'megadrive zone2' which i guess from a MD clone
same volts, same amps as required. all powers on fine, blips, ableton recognize blah blah
but still when i plug that shit into my in on the soundcard i get that annoying electrical ground loop buzz
through my vestax and into the soundcard - buzz
through my line mixer into soundcard - buzz
bloody annoying. so i will get a freind or anyone thats got a psare here ? ? ? to send me a uk megadrive plug, proper official like and id imagine thats fine
in the meantime looks like i be making some megadrive music on 4 track so its not all lost haha. it likes the 4 track for some reason. no buzz.
grrrrrrrrrr
serious, anyone got a spare plug i can pay thou from paypal. cheers

ad-hell-aide

Downstate is there anything I can do to help you?

shanghai

no, i just ramble alot on here when im stoned. i tell my girlfriend, she looks concerned but i dont htink she shares my eager ness to get it working haha..........anyhow no its cool man. the purpose of my post really was to say it got here fine, it works fine as it should. cheers man. i can sort out this buzz issue because someone is going to see this thread and be like 'dude i totally can mail you a uk megadrive plug' : )

little-scale, what is the progress on the rest of the genMDMs. I don't mean to be a pain, i'm just curious when I can expect mine to arrive.

Rhode Island

deadbeat. check your emails

New Haven, CT

Hey little-scale. In the GENMDM MIDI Mapping sheet it says that channel 6 can be either FM or sample playback. How do you enable the sample playback or switch between them?

Boston, MA
little-scale wrote:

The first units have been sent today!

July 2, 2012 2:33 am

little-scale wrote:

I soldered another 20 units. I just have to finish putting the caps on the carts, and then test them all. They will be going out on Monday (Australia time) which is Sunday (USA time).

July 12, 2012 12:50 am

1 week between first two updates concerning construction / shippping and now three weeks of dead air? what gives??

EDIT: no hate but 9 blog posts since July 12th and no GENMDM updates?

Last edited by ultramega (Aug 4, 2012 5:03 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Toronto Area, Canada
Kalle wrote:

Hey little-scale. In the GENMDM MIDI Mapping sheet it says that channel 6 can be either FM or sample playback. How do you enable the sample playback or switch between them?

ya this, can't figure out sample playback. help.

Sydney AUS
DEADBEATBLAST wrote:
Kalle wrote:

ya this, can't figure out sample playback. help.

CC78 is DAC enable. A value of more than 63, on CC78, will lead chan6 into sampletown.
C1-F2 should be the samples that seb has loaded.