Brunswick, GA USA

snesei's question in a topic: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/127484/#p127484

Neo Jersey

first ep took almost a year. new full length prob a good year and a half now... and still not quite done. i suck at finishing songs and i'm easily side tracked lol.

Washington / California

My first EP was 8 months of dicking around, then 2 weeks of concentrated effort to peice together all the bits and peices. My current EP has taken almost a year of starting and stopping again. I have a huge problem with doubting myself, I'll write some bars of something I like, then not like anything I write to go with it

Cambridge UK
Feryl wrote:
4mat wrote:

2 days (Rips) to 2 months (Decades)

Did you honestly write "Rips" in two days? That's whack.

He did.
I was there the full time, making tea and screaming "NEEDS MORE BREAKCORE" all of those 2 days.

Seattle, WA, USA

We spent almost a year on our 6 song ep.  But there were lots of vocals, guitars, bass, drumkits, trumpets, etc to track.

Album out next week took a year at an average of 3 hours a day.

Some tracks happened in two days, but one track, all 2 minutes 23 seconds of it took 6 months of sculpting, nearly gave up many times, but it's been worth it.

Other tracks ended up being only slightly related to the original.

And the last month I've spent reflecting on the songs, mastering, making small alterations.

I think for the next release I'll try to get it together sooner so it has a more consistent feel.