Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ok, I updated the files in folder limit to 1024. Also I fixed a stupid limit in the Wavetables to 15 and it should be 16, also I added a new demo song for Genesis, Lab Hours by Jansaw. Please re-download it mates.

DOWNLOAD

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well, the limit to 1024 is only logical, because the sliderbar that you control to browse the files is actually limited to 1byte of address (this means 256 max). So I will check how to done this in the next update, because it require lot of work in the inner parts of the Delek's GUI Engine.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Update 15 released guys, to fix a Bxx effect bug reported in the Defle Forums.

DOWNLOAD

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well, this is an example of what you can do with the Genesis ASM export of the next DefleMask update, run it with a Genesis emulator or with the EverDrive, it works on the HW. smile

Last edited by Delek (Oct 27, 2012 4:33 pm)

Canada

Wowza! That's pretty awesome. So it's like a playlist maker for your dmfs with fancy visuals?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

No, it is ASM export, so you can do anything for SEGA Genesis and include the music, a game, fancy visuals, etc. The engine only uses the Z80, so the main CPU (Moto 68000) is completely free. That demo is very simple, it shows the 1% of what you can actually do with the Genesis. xD

Last edited by Delek (Oct 27, 2012 4:40 pm)

Canada

Oh ok, haha. I'm not familiar with ASM, but I get where you're coming from!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well, the ASM export is almost done, but I decided to release the update 16 because certain points of the ASM exporter will need various days of full work, so here is the Defle 8 Update 16:

NEWS:

UPDATE 16 (@ 31/10/12):
Added folder browsing/folder creation to the open/save file window, now you can arrange your files easily.
Various changes to the Files System GUI.
All the included modules now are saved in "Demo Songs" folder.
Fixed a volume change bug in the triangle channel of the Nintendo NES.
Fixed a bad initialization of some registers in the YAMAHA YM2612.
Manual Updated.
Both Windows and Linux Builds updated.

DOWNLOAD

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well, I discovered a bug while loading a new instrument file (the slider bar was limited to a wrong number while using the mouse wheel), so I added some request too.

Update 17 NEWS:
Wavetable limit increased to 32.
Shift+END/HOME will select from the current position to the first/last row.
Fixed a bug with the slider bar of the load instrument window.
Both Linux and Windows builds updated.

DOWNLOAD!

Los Angeles, CA

I downloaded this because I'm interested in tracking GB music on the PC with a full keyboard (aka not using LSDJ), but my main curiosity is whether or not the GB tracking is as powerful as LSDJ. The GB examples provided are pretty boring, is the full potential of the WAV channel unleashable with this tracker?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The wave channel is fully supported, I don't know what is the full potential that you are talking about. In the GB you could simulate samples using lot of wavetables, and you could do that with DefleMask.

The fully potential is of LSDJ actually, because it do the job automatically and fusion lot of wavetables to make samples, I could add that to DefleMask in future but is not a priority.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

And actually there's a click while changing rapidly WAVE Tables, as explained here:
www.retroisle.com/others/nintendogameboy/Technical/Firmware/wavechan.php

And here:
www.devrs.com/gb/files/hosted/GBSOUND.txt

So the GB is not prepared to done that type of samples using the 4bits WAVE Channel. I don't know if in lsdj there are clicks while playing sample kits, could someone confirm this?.

Philadelphia, PA

I debugged the Project S-11 music engine and found out that in order for WAV RAM to be written to that the WAV channel needs to be off.  So the WAV channel is being turned on and off very rapidly which induces the clicking of the samples.  I posted about this on the NESdev forum.  Furthermore, I confirmed this on hardware with beware of the emulator BGB.

I wonder if the higher refresh rates of LSDJ and makes the clicking of the WAV channel pulsation less audible.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Yeah, I did some tests, and introducing that modification will break all the DefleMask Sample Playback core, because these are not samples, so they have nothing to do with the HZ parameter or a register to update.
I have to play a wavetable, wait 32 CPU cycles and play another, just exactly what is doing the WAVE Macro already implemented in DefleMask (in short, the request is to make a WAV importer to break it into smaller 32bytes WAVATABLES and play those wavetables one after the other, with artifacts in the middle, what a mess).

I will not add this, the GB has Wavetables.... Use them to play samples is a "hack" and consist in fusion lot of wavetables, and you can do that with DefleMask already!, using the wave macro, a hard task, but that's how the Game Boy works, wavetables are wavetables.

I will concentrate myself in adding samples to the PC-Engine and the SID support. Regards.

Last edited by Delek (Nov 2, 2012 8:16 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

+1 for samples on the PC-Engine.  smile

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Your wishes are my commands!. tongue

UPDATE 18 (@ 03/11/12):
Added Support for Samples in NEC's PC-Engine (use the 17xx effect like in SEGA Genesis, check the example module "A Sample Test.dmf" to see how to control this).
Added Support for improvise/jam/record notes while a song is playing (Awesome for Live stuff).
Fixed a potential crash while loading WAV files.
Fixed some GUI issues.
Now you can load stereo wav files, however only the left channel will be processed.
Manual Updated.
Both Linux and Windows builds updated.

DOWNLOAD!

Last edited by Delek (Nov 3, 2012 4:58 pm)