Tokyo, Japan

Hooray! I am just pleased to see Klys getting some Dev love. What are your plans from here on in?

Ok, looks like the load/save routines are broken because of a change in the compiler at some point that makes it to assume there should be  padding. The worst part is that I think some songs have been saving with the padding (and until now they have loaded OK), so I need to include code that handles that padding. What a clusterfuck.

IceWolf wrote:

I got an error trying to compile it on a 64bit debian based distro.

You should have both the klystron and the klystrack sources like so:

~/code/klystron
~/code/klystrack

Then simply go to ~/code/klystrack and make. That will run make also im the klystron directory. There is now bin.debug/klystrack, which is the binary. You need to copy the "res" directory (~/code/klystrack/res) with the binary, it contains the themes and is required. That should be all that is needed.

Now, the instruction set problem is probably because there is a "-mpentium2" flag in the Makefiles. I think it might work if you just remove that in both Makefiles (klystron and klystrack).

Ok, I think it's fixed. In case some old files crash or won't load properly, you can try loading the file in an earlier version and then saving it and then it should work in the latest version.

United States

Commenting that machine line in the code did the job smile It worked splendidly until I tried to uninstall the previous klystrack .deb

[DEBUG] Starting klystrack 1.6.0 rUnversioned directory
[DEBUG] Setting screen mode (scale = 1)
[DEBUG] init
[DEBUG] Enumerating themes at /usr/lib/klystrack/res
[WARNING] Could not enumerate themes at /usr/lib/klystrack/res
[DEBUG] Enumerating keymaps at /usr/lib/klystrack/key
[DEBUG] Got 3 keymaps
[DEBUG] undo = (nil) redo = (nil)
[DEBUG] init done
[DEBUG] Setting screen mode (scale = 2)
[DEBUG] Loading theme '/usr/lib/klystrack/res/Default'
[WARNING] Can't open bundle '/usr/lib/klystrack/res/Default'
[DEBUG] Theme loading failed
[DEBUG] Loading theme '/usr/lib/klystrack/res/Blacklyst'
[WARNING] Can't open bundle '/usr/lib/klystrack/res/Blacklyst'
[DEBUG] Loading keymap '/usr/lib/klystrack/key/IceWolf'
[WARNING] Keymap line 3 is malformed
[DEBUG] Got 1 keytrans
[DEBUG] Loading filebox favorites (/home/todd/.klystrackfavorites)
Segmentation fault
todd@shadow-lugia:~/code/klystrack/bin.debug$ sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/klystrack/
todd@shadow-lugia:~/code/klystrack/bin.debug$ ./klystrack
[DEBUG] Starting klystrack 1.6.0 rUnversioned directory
[DEBUG] init
[DEBUG] Enumerating themes at /usr/lib/klystrack/res
[WARNING] Could not enumerate themes at /usr/lib/klystrack/res
[DEBUG] Enumerating keymaps at /usr/lib/klystrack/key
[WARNING] Could not enumerate keymaps at /usr/lib/klystrack/key
[DEBUG] undo = (nil) redo = (nil)
[DEBUG] init done
[DEBUG] Setting screen mode (scale = 2)
[DEBUG] Loading theme '/usr/lib/klystrack/res/Blacklyst'
[WARNING] Can't open bundle '/usr/lib/klystrack/res/Blacklyst'
[DEBUG] Loading keymap '/usr/lib/klystrack/key/IceWolf'
[DEBUG] Keymap loading failed
[DEBUG] Got 0 keytrans
[DEBUG] Loading filebox favorites (/home/todd/.klystrackfavorites)
Segmentation fault

but if I leave the old version installed and use the new binary it works no problem. Just something to note, in the meantime I can leave the old version installed and roll with the new version's binary. Thanks for the new program additions smile

Well, it tries to find the theme files from that path as you noticed.

If you change lines 44 and 45 (inside the else clause) to what they are just two lines above, it will try to load the resources as it does on Windows, i.e. where the klystrack binary is. I am not 100 % sure if it works on Linux (on Windows it easy to just ask where the current program lives in but on Linux it is not).

Tokyo, Japan

I think I might have been a little behind, there have been a few little touches added since I last updated.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer to your question: I am planning something like a full optimization feature that allows you to select which data to erase/minimize instead of simply doing it when saving the song. It would be really nice to be able to automatically detect repeating sequences in long patterns and then just split that big pattern into smaller ones. So, e.g. when importing .org files would create a more traditional song instead of one long pattern per channel.

Tokyo, Japan

That would be kind of handy. would adjustable volumes for the different oscillators be possible? also a way to name patterns in the arrangement screen would be awesome for keeping songs organised!

Really happy you are back into the project!

Well, I'm just adding a name field for the FX's so I might add one for the patterns as well.

Montreal, Canada

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Tokyo, Japan

Fx busses now have names!

They do! The global effects still need to be separated so the layout is logical. I am thinking there also could be an option to set one of the buses to process the master output from all channels.

Tokyo, Japan

That might be groovy! I actually have a n00b request. One of my favorite features of Adlib Tracker II was the F1 key to bring up a list of all the pattern commands and keyboard shortcuts. Would this be possible to add in for new users?

Edit - Actually, how about F1 once for commands, F1 again for Keyboard shortcuts and F1 a this time to close the cheat sheet window?

South Dakota
Lazerbeat wrote:

That might be groovy! I actually have a n00b request. One of my favorite features of Adlib Tracker II was the F1 key to bring up a list of all the pattern commands and keyboard shortcuts. Would this be possible to add in for new users?

This. Please. Yes.

Tokyo, Japan

We will now brace for ridicule from n00bstar.

Look what I added in the nightly!

Clicky

Last edited by kometbomb (Jan 1, 2014 5:55 pm)